Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Texas steals ASU's AD

Texas is about to get as serious as ASU regarding football.

Comments

• TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    Is it not still Lisa Love?

Paging Phil Bleenor.....
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650
    Yeah, but no AD is as serious about football as Woody. $280 million stadium, built with bonds (non steroid).
  • RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    topdawgnc said:

Tonight's ESPN crawl quotes Saban's agent as saying Nick told Alabama last year there is only one job he'd leave for - Texas. Makes sense. Next year he'd be breaking in a new QB and NC this year or not how much more can he accomplish at Alabama? Not like the guy hasn't jumped around some in his career. It would be fun to see what he could do at Texas. WIN, would be my guess.
  • Why can't someone "steal" Pool Boy?! Christ!
  • topdawgnc said:

Tonight's ESPN crawl quotes Saban's agent as saying Nick told Alabama last year there is only one job he'd leave for - Texas. Makes sense. Next year he'd be breaking in a new QB and NC this year or not how much more can he accomplish at Alabama? Not like the guy hasn't jumped around some in his career. It would be fun to see what he could do at Texas. WIN, would be my guess.
    Or his agent is just floating shit out there for one last major pay day from Alabama.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,798
    But I thought he had a CONTRACT?!?
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    I don't think Saban will leave, but he has admitted that winning at Alabama is not even fun because it is expected. He said it's a relief when you win because they have gotten so good. At some point, he will leave for another challenge.
  • I don't think Saban will leave, but he has admitted that winning at Alabama is not even fun because it is expected. He said it's a relief when you win because they have gotten so good. At some point, he will leave for another challenge.

Which is why the Dallas Cowboys would be stupid to not offer him a contract.

For those who say he failed at Miami go look at the team he was taking over and how they have done since he left.

Also look at Pete Carroll's coaching record in the NFL before returning.

I also mainly don't want Saban to go to Texas just so I can say Kim is wrong.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    Sark to Alabama rumors are going to be a huge distraction that may affect recruiting.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,293 Founders Club

Sark to Alabama rumors are going to be a huge distraction that may affect recruiting.

Imagine the meltdown in Tuscaloosa if his agent floated that rumor and it somehow magically got traction. Any leverage Sark's agent might think he has would evaporate as 'Bama Nation went into full revolt mode over the idea of Seven becoming the standard bearer.

• topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

Imagine the meltdown in Tuscaloosa if his agent floated that rumor and it somehow magically got traction. Any leverage Sark's agent might think he has would evaporate as 'Bama Nation went into full revolt mode over the idea of Seven becoming the standard bearer.

Sark would never make it past strippergate 2.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,159
    Mike Leach to Alabama
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

I don't think Saban will leave, but he has admitted that winning at Alabama is not even fun because it is expected. He said it's a relief when you win because they have gotten so good. At some point, he will leave for another challenge.

For those who say he failed at Miami go look at the team he was taking over and how they have done since he left.

Saban to Dallas would be interesting. The only problem is Jerry Jones. I doubt Saban would accept the job unless Jones shut up and took a significantly lesser role.

• TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,798

Mike Leach to Alabama

Keep that Pullman-to-Tuscaloosa pipeline flowin'.

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,130 Founders Club
    TTJ said:

Mike Leach to Alabama

Do Bama fans see this shit and say "what the fuck were we thinking?"
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

TTJ said:

Mike Leach to Alabama

Not quite as much as Mike Price looking back and saying ... "what the fuck was I thinking"

• AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    "It's rolling baby... it's rolling!"
    topdawgnc said:

TTJ said:

Mike Leach to Alabama

Not quite as much as Mike Price looking back and saying ... "what the fuck was I thinking"

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652
    TTJ said:

Mike Leach to Alabama

Keep that Pullman-to-Tuscaloosa pipeline rollin'.

obligatory fix

• I don't think Saban will leave, but he has admitted that winning at Alabama is not even fun because it is expected. He said it's a relief when you win because they have gotten so good. At some point, he will leave for another challenge.

Saban to Dallas would be interesting. The only problem is Jerry Jones. I doubt Saban would accept the job unless Jones shut up and took a significantly lesser role.

Jones wants to win and he will shut up for Saban..........at first. He did that with Jimmy Johnson and Parcells. I think he'd do that again with Saban, they wouldn't start hating each other until year four.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652

Jones wants to win and he will shut up for Saban..........at first. He did that with Jimmy Johnson and Parcells. I think he'd do that again with Saban, they wouldn't start hating each other until year four.
    Saban's not dumb enough to be the next Jimmy who builds a dynasty only to be sacrificed on the altar of Jerry's ego.

Saban may well leave Bama, but it won't ever be for the Cowboys unless there's an ownership change.