Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

'18 secondary: Better than '16?

2»

Comments

• GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419

Doogles said:

Unless Rapp goes full Budda, no.

King was a freak, SMFJ was the best DB on the field, Budda was special, and Rapp was a TF.

Fully expect Rapp to be better than Budda to be honest. That’s my opinion so fuck off (even though he underperformed this year)
    And none those guys from 2016 were as highly touted coming out of high school as Murphy Joyner, Gilchrist so let’s hope Lake is earning his pay. Murphy is a stud, he’s a first round pick.
    Now if you add Marcus Black Panther Peters to that 2016 team, I will say fuck no, no how no way ever. That would have gone down as the best secondary in UW history.
    Rapp underperformed this year? Explain.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Gladstone said:

Doogles said:

King was a freak, SMFJ was the best DB on the field, Budda was special, and Rapp was a TF.

Fully expect Rapp to be better than Budda to be honest. That’s my opinion so fuck off (even though he underperformed this year)
    And none those guys from 2016 were as highly touted coming out of high school as Murphy Joyner, Gilchrist so let’s hope Lake is earning his pay. Murphy is a stud, he’s a first round pick.
    Now if you add Marcus Black Panther Peters to that 2016 team, I will say fuck no, no how no way ever. That would have gone down as the best secondary in UW history.
    Rapp underperformed this year? Explain.
    pac-12 stayed the fuck away from him this whole season. He made plays when he was targeted.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Doogles said:

I think it's possible and I BRBYO all over the 16 secondary. Sr JoJo >>>> So JoJo. Jr Rapp >>>> Fr Rapp. So there's 2/5 that 2018 already has. Murphy has the highest upside of any of them IMO and could match Sr Sidney, and I think Miller could be right there with King. Advantage 2016 but not huge IMO.

So it comes down to Budda vs Joyner. Obviously Budda is better but Joyner is really good.

I think the smart money would be on 18 not catching 16, but it's within the realistic realm for 2018 to be better. That's a damn good secondary. The big thing is they need to be healthy.
  • GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    No..... 18 secondary has not played.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Gwad said:

No..... 18 secondary has not played.

Doogs love hypotheticals though.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797
    TTJ said:

SS McINTOSH McKinney
    FS RAPP Gilchrist
    NICKEL JOYNER Molden
    CB MILLER Taylor
    CB MURPHY Gordon

Bumped to note who’s not in the 2-deeps.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,708 Swaye's Wigwam
    The 2018 secondary hasn't allowed a completion or any passing yards.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

The 2018 secondary hasn't allowed a completion or any passing yards.

I already hate it though
  • whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    Please god no McIntosh at FS. No instincts.
    No anticipation. Slow reaction time. Not as much speed as Joyner.
    I want Joyner at FS. He would be an infinitely better
    DB facing the QB as a safety than back to the QB which
    a corner has to do. As good a hitter as McIntosh and a
    far better athlete with more range. I'd go:
    Miller, Murphy outside
    McIntosh-SS
    Joyner-FS
    Rapp-slot corner playing like Budda did,
    rushing the QB 5 times a game like BB did.
  • dongmandongman Member Posts: 2,384
    Have you seen the hot boiyz?