Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

'18 secondary: Better than '16?

TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797
SS McINTOSH McKinney
FS RAPP Gilchrist
NICKEL JOYNER Molden
CB MILLER Taylor
CB MURPHY Gordon

Comments

• doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    I just hope they stay injury-free the rest of the way
  • AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,971
    TTJ said:

I’m surprised I’m surprised how much Murphy/Miller underappreciation is going on in this thread.

Love em. Not enough reps due to injuries to claim equivalence
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,926 Swaye's Wigwam
    TTJ said:

I’m surprised I’m surprised how much Murphy/Miller underappreciation is going on in this thread.

Premature is all. Murphy has shown he's a big play guy but not that he's a shutdown one on one cover corner that can stay consistent over a whole season. Miller had a bit of a rough start this year but pulled it together. I think they're both good but haven't reached Jones-King stature yet and it's hard to predict it based on the little we've seen.

So...maybe?
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    edited December 2017
    Doogles said:

Unless Rapp goes full Budda, no.

King was a freak, SMFJ was the best DB on the field, Budda was special, and Rapp was a TF.

Fully expect Rapp to be better than Budda to be honest. That’s my opinion so fuck off (even though he underperformed this year)
    And none those guys from 2016 were as highly touted coming out of high school as Murphy Joyner, Gilchrist so let’s hope Lake is earning his pay. Murphy is a stud, he’s a first round pick.
    Now if you add Marcus Black Panther Peters to that 2016 team, I will say fuck no, no how no way ever. That would have gone down as the best secondary in UW history.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,042 Standard Supporter

Doogles said:

King was a freak, SMFJ was the best DB on the field, Budda was special, and Rapp was a TF.

Fully expect Rapp to be better than Budda to be honest. That’s my opinion so fuck off (even though he underperformed this year)
    And none those guys from 2016 were as highly touted coming out of high school as Murphy Joyner, Gilchrist so let’s hope Lake is earning his pay. Murphy is a stud, he’s a first round pick.
    Now if you add Marcus Black Panther Peters to that 2016 team, I will say fuck no, no how no way ever. That would have gone down as the best secondary in UW history.
    Rapp and Budda are different players but it's hard to be more effective than a 1st team all American. Budda was ridiculous that year.
  • GilbystaintGilbystaint Member Posts: 1,061

Doogles said:

Rapp and Budda are different players but it's hard to be more effective than a 1st team all American. Budda was ridiculous that year.
    Agree with all this. Budda was a one man wrecking crew back there by the end of last year and is continuing to shine at the next level. I think Mr. Murphy Jr. is going to emerge the same way.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852
    Swaye said:

It's all a slow downward spiral from 2016 you shitdicks.

Ever since @jhfstyle24 shit all over his own dick we are all getting painted with this broad brush of hate.
    I have a lot of hate in my life
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    edited December 2017
    TTJ said:

SS McINTOSH McKinney
    FS RAPP Gilchrist
    NICKEL JOYNER Molden
    CB MILLER Taylor
    CB MURPHY Gordon

Yup...and a really fucking good true freshman is coming in in Hampton. This is higher discussion board material
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Miller was getting to that level before he got hurt.