Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Just Another Night Game?

Comments

• TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    koopdog said:

M

koopdog said:

Tailgater is a welcome addition to this bored. Rather read his diatribes than AAAAAashat any day.

If that's not tedious then I presume to have full license to post War and Peace.

K fair point. But I give him props and lee way since he flew monoplanes in WWI or somethingb
    As we all should know from sleeping through War & Peace, monoplanes weren't flying worth a shit until after WWI. Biplanes and the occasional triplane(Red Baron) were the aerial fighting mode of the day.

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,590 Founders Club
    koopdog said:

M

koopdog said:

Tailgater is a welcome addition to this bored. Rather read his diatribes than AAAAAashat any day.

If that's not tedious then I presume to have full license to post War and Peace.

K fair point. But I give him props and lee way since he flew monoplanes in WWI or somethingb
    Fly monoplanes in WWI and then pop off
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,590 Founders Club

Is a 5:00pm game a night game or not?

I hear that the 1992 game vs Nebraska was the first night game at Husky Stadium, but the Thurman Thomas/Lou Rawls game was a 5:00 start, which I thought was the first night game, but I guess it was not, so this Colorado game at 5:00 in the dark will not be a night game. Or something like that.

I was at that game. It was in early September. Not a night game. UW got plungered. Btw, why can't UW get so,me cool signers in there for that anthem? I'm tired of the fat guy.
    I was there too. It wasn't a plungering by HHB standards. We lost 31-17. It was 24-17 in the 4th quarter when a Hugh Millen pass was picked off and returned 48 yards for a TD by someone named Moore (if I recall). What made it 31-17. Also, Thomas rushed for about 235 yards which at the time was second to Charles White's 243 in 1979. There have since been about 150 opposing running backs to break that mark vs. Washington. Oh, and fuck you Emmert.
  • uw2010uw2010 Member Posts: 940

I hear that the 1992 game vs Nebraska was the first night game at Husky Stadium, but the Thurman Thomas/Lou Rawls game was a 5:00 start, which I thought was the first night game, but I guess it was not, so this Colorado game at 5:00 in the dark will not be a night game. Or something like that.

They always said that was the first night game since 1985 if you recall at the time.
    Walking into the new stadium you see the black and white photos with explanations, and one on the south side refers to the 1992 Nebraska game being the first night game at HS.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvIdBNXkVB0

They are dumb fucks.
    How the hell did they rule the pass at 1:20 as a catch?
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited November 2013
    uw2010 said:

They always said that was the first night game since 1985 if you recall at the time.
    Walking into the new stadium you see the black and white photos with explanations, and one on the south side refers to the 1992 Nebraska game being the first night game at HS.

They are dumb fucks.
    That's one of the worst calls I have ever seen.

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    TommySQC said:

I was at that game. It was in early September. Not a night game. UW got plungered. Btw, why can't UW get so,me cool signers in there for that anthem? I'm tired of the fat guy.
    \

So I was at a bar...?

Der
    uw2010 said:

They are dumb fucks.
    Put that pass play for a TD in stop-motion on the VCR as I had to do a couple of times for my poor loser Cornhusker step dad(R.I.P) and you'll clearly see that it was a great call by that official who had the best view of it. It was an incredible call, but an accurate one and proof-positive that we don't need no stinking instant replay.

Tailgater said:

uw2010 said:

They are dumb fucks.
    Put that pass play for a TD in stop-motion on the VCR as I had to do a couple of times for my poor loser Cornhusker step dad(R.I.P) and you'll clearly see that it was a great call by that official who had the best view of it. It was an incredible call, but an accurate one and proof-positive that we don't need no stinking instant replay.

I'm sorry, but Kralick doesn't even have the ball when he is done sliding. And yes, we do need replay. The refs fuck up too many calls not to have it. I think it can be a little excessive at times, but it has done more good than bad.

koopdog said:

M

koopdog said:

Fly monoplanes in WWI and then pop off
    Touché....... and you didn't insist on a link. Read War & Peace six times as I have and then you can sleep with a monoplane.

• topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

Tailgater said:

uw2010 said:

They are dumb fucks.

I'm sorry, but Kralick doesn't even have the ball when he is done sliding. And yes, we do need replay. The refs fuck up too many calls not to have it. I think it can be a little excessive at times, but it has done more good than bad.

I'm sorry.

The referee and the scoreboard says he caught it.

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Tailgater said:

uw2010 said:

They are dumb fucks.

Your doog is showing

• AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,971

They are dumb fucks.
    I just teared up. I can't watch anymore highlights, just like I can't buy DJ's books about the Golden Years. Too infuriating.
    edited November 2013
    topdawgnc said:

Tailgater said:

uw2010 said:

They are dumb fucks.

I'm sorry.

The referee and the scoreboard says he caught it.

I'm aware the ref called it a TD and that it counted on the scoreboard. The point was that it was a horrible call.

Tailgater said:

uw2010 said:

They are dumb fucks.

But stop action on a home version VCR clearly shows that the Husky receiver had possession of the ball an instant before leaving the endzone as his body slid past the endline and that's all that was needed to score a TD then before instant replay and especially now with it.

Sure, we need instant slow motion/stop action TV replay in football like a dead cat needs an enema. Like three weeks ago when the Sun Devil receiver scored as his prone perfectly horizontal body slowly floated in stop-action TV replay to the earth out-of-bounds including hands clasping the ball while his elbow was the only part of his entire body that touched down in bounds. The point isn't that he didn't make a great athletic maneuver, which he did like a ballerina, but that only stop-action TV replay could show anybody other than insects in the grass that the entire length of his out-of-bounds body including the clasped ball was not more than one stinking inch above the turf at the exact instant when his elbow touched the endzone. This was clearly a TD that only a instant TV replay machine with camera perfectly located could ever see.

Death to TV instant replay officiating or death to real human football........ take your choice. Like the weather or any act-of-god, bad or poor officiating is part of The Game. Change it with inhuman technology and everybody loses, not just the poor losers who blame their incompetence in playing a losing game on poor officiating.

Tailgater said:

Tailgater said:

uw2010 said:

They are dumb fucks.

But stop action on a home version VCR clearly shows that the Husky receiver had possession of the ball an instant before leaving the endzone as his body slid past the endline and that's all that was needed to score a TD then before instant replay and especially now with it.

Sure, we need instant slow motion/stop action TV replay in football like a dead cat needs an enema. Like three weeks ago when the Sun Devil receiver scored as his prone perfectly horizontal body slowly floated in stop-action TV replay to the earth out-of-bounds including hands clasping the ball while his elbow was the only part of his entire body that touched down in bounds. The point isn't that he didn't make a great athletic maneuver, which he did like a ballerina, but that only stop-action TV replay could show anybody other than insects in the grass that the entire length of his out-of-bounds body including the clasped ball was not more than one stinking inch above the turf at the exact instant when his elbow touched the endzone. This was clearly a TD that only a instant TV replay machine with camera perfectly located could ever see.

Death to TV instant replay officiating or death to real human football........ take your choice. Like the weather or any act-of-god, bad or poor officiating is part of The Game. Change it with inhuman technology and everybody loses, not just the poor losers who blame their incompetence in playing a losing game on poor officiating.

Learn the rules, TPO
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    edited November 2013
    Tailgater said:

Tailgater said:

uw2010 said:

They are dumb fucks.

That's not a catch in the 21st century, and it isn't even close.

It shouldn't have even been a catch then.

That back judge was horribly out of position.
    Or make the rules a lot simpler like they were in ancient times before universal TV coverage and the surge in NFL popularity. Retrograde the rules and game officials will have a 1000% better chance of getting it right......... guaranteed.

Tailgater said:

Tailgater said:

uw2010 said:

They are dumb fucks.

Disagree.

Tailgater said:

Or make the rules a lot simpler like they were in ancient times before universal TV coverage and the surge in NFL popularity. Retrograde the rules and game officials will have a 1000% better chance of getting it right......... guaranteed.

Tailgater said:

Tailgater said:

uw2010 said:

They are dumb fucks.

Disagree.

SLITPPOTD

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Tailgater said:

Tailgater said:

Tailgater said:

uw2010 said:

They are dumb fucks.

Disagree.

The catch rules are simple now. Hold onto the fucking football.
    I can't believe anyone would even pretend that was a catch. Fuck