Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Just Another Night Game?

Is the 5:00 pm kick-off on Saturday to be played under Husky Stadium lights in the dark cool air of November at the behest of Pac-12 TV moguls........ just another night game? Of course it isn't and in case any of you live in Arizona or some farm state, DST flew away from us this past Sunday and the stadium lights will be on before the pre-game tailgate party is over. Pray for anything but clear skies, dryness, and bitter cold which might give Colorado an advantage.

The woeful Buffs are horrible and have no chance again this year to upset the Mighty Men of Washington and besides, Sark needs this win to achieve the magic number of six wins to become bowl eligible. A win on Saturday is essential before getting back on the bus to serve up road pizza to the Bruins and Beavs. It could get ugly in the rose and burrito bowls just as it did last month in the desert.

Lest any of you doogs still have confidence that the apple cup on Nov. 29 must be a certain seventh win...... or no less than a bowl eligibility clinching sixth win should the impossible happen against Colorado, just remember that the coogs proclaimed ownership of Seattle before the Tree fell on their sorry one-holers at the Clink. This means in a perverse sort of way, probably realized only by those of us oldtimers who have suffered through at least 50 apple cups, that like it or not WSU will retain the AC trophy until they actually lose it. And after last year's collapse in Pullman, can anyone claim that Leach doesn't own Sark? Something else that Sark must disprove before he can walk like a Husky.

I'm a bit burned-out on night games in Husky Stadium and won't be traveling over to attend. Two straight romps over Pac-12 cupcakes might be fun for my grandsons who haven't been spoiled by real Husky Football, but too much football pastry under the lights is just boring to an old Dawg like me. I will watch the game on TV with mild curiosity to see if the Pac-12 Network has the guts to scan the grandstands including upper decks with their cameras to show us viewers a large and boisterous capacity crowd. I was impressed to see so few empty seats (except in the student section) when I was in Husky Stadium for kick-off of the CAL game, but then my prejudice told me that much of that attendance was out of respect for Don James and his family more so than interest in SarkBall.

I haven't heard, but perhaps Sark has called for a blackout which would be cool if the Dawgs could wear pink helmets with the all black unis to acknowledge the fight against breast cancer........ and in my mind look like my mother-in-law's 1958 Dodge. Heaven forbid the Huskies might show-up again wearing UW Purple and Gold and scare-off the Buffs........ we need this win desperately.

I must again express bewilderment at the PAC-12 game-of-the-year, Oregon@Stanford, being scheduled for Thursday, Nov.7 at 6 pm on ESPN TV. I don't care which team wins and would not be unhappy to see both Top-10 schools crater and float out into The Bay, but this is beyond ridiculous! For anybody who still considers the Pac-12 to be at a level in major college football conferences equal with the SEC, ACC, or even the Big-12 and BIG TEN, this total prostitution to TV moguls has to be an embarrassment. I don't believe that even the Mountain West Conference or WAC could do worse. Perhaps we can get Woody to look into Big Sky membership and line SarkBall up with enough cupcakes to go for an FCS title.

Comments

• TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    What is than mascot in your latest video clip?. It looks like something unborn with teeth. The USC scumbags could use a mascot like that these days.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Tailgater said:

What is than mascot in your latest video clip?. It looks like something unborn with teeth. The USC scumbags could use a mascot like that these days.

It's the Toronto Raptors mascot, just in time for the NBA season.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    Tick, Tick, Tick
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    sark won't serve up road pizza at UCLA as i believe he will reward the newly bowel-eligible squad with In-N-Out for that particular roady... paid for with house money.

this Saturday, although I won't be watching due to carrier issues (I have Directv), a blackout would be hilarious as the Buffs will feel at home and all that shit for sale in the dawg den will once again be inappropriately colored.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,006
    koopdog said:

Tailgater is a welcome addition to this bored. Rather read his diatribes than AAAAAashat any day.

If that's not tedious then I presume to have full license to post War and Peace.

• SweatpantsGeneralSweatpantsGeneral Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,105 Swaye's Wigwam
    M

koopdog said:

Tailgater is a welcome addition to this bored. Rather read his diatribes than AAAAAashat any day.

If that's not tedious then I presume to have full license to post War and Peace.

K fair point. But I give him props and lee way since he flew monoplanes in WWI or somethingb
  • RavennaDawgRavennaDawg Member Posts: 846
    Is a 5:00pm game a night game or not?

I hear that the 1992 game vs Nebraska was the first night game at Husky Stadium, but the Thurman Thomas/Lou Rawls game was a 5:00 start, which I thought was the first night game, but I guess it was not, so this Colorado game at 5:00 in the dark will not be a night game. Or something like that.
  • Is a 5:00pm game a night game or not?

I hear that the 1992 game vs Nebraska was the first night game at Husky Stadium, but the Thurman Thomas/Lou Rawls game was a 5:00 start, which I thought was the first night game, but I guess it was not, so this Colorado game at 5:00 in the dark will not be a night game. Or something like that.

They always said that was the first night game since 1985 if you recall at the time.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    Tailgater has grown on me. More please.
  • RavennaDawgRavennaDawg Member Posts: 846

They always said that was the first night game since 1985 if you recall at the time.
    Walking into the new stadium you see the black and white photos with explanations, and one on the south side refers to the 1992 Nebraska game being the first night game at HS.
  • Is a 5:00pm game a night game or not?

Walking into the new stadium you see the black and white photos with explanations, and one on the south side refers to the 1992 Nebraska game being the first night game at HS.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvIdBNXkVB0

They are dumb fucks.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    I thought it was a TL,DR, but I decided to give it a shot and it was a decent post. I actually enjoy Tailgater posts and stories. He has grown on me as well.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

I was at that game. It was in early September. Not a night game. UW got plungered. Btw, why can't UW get so,me cool signers in there for that anthem? I'm tired of the fat guy.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    MisterEm said:

Tailgater has grown on me. More please.

GRAA?
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650
    Big Sky membership - that is all WA football deserves under Woody and Sark. Just imagine the house money payday in Big Sky.

Shit.
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    koopdog said:

M

koopdog said:

K fair point. But I give him props and lee way since he flew monoplanes in WWI or somethingb
    Tolstoy or TG?

• TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813

I was at that game. It was in early September. Not a night game. UW got plungered. Btw, why can't UW get so,me cool signers in there for that anthem? I'm tired of the fat guy.
    \

So I was at a bar...?

• HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Derek should have Tailgater write a weekly column.