Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Who said it: Sark or Mora?

"The delicate balance is managing those expectations. We're only in the second year of our program. And we started nine true freshmen today. And we're building something here, and it's going to be special, but it's a process and it's going to take time."

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    At least Mora said that shit after a win.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652
    edited November 2013

"We're close but it doesn't matter. We're not after being close. Heck with being close. Losers can be close. We want to get it. We want to win those games. The coulda, the woulda, the shoulda -- all that crap, we don't want that. I'm tired of that. It's time for (insert school) to turn the freaking page and be something different and win those games. That's what it's time to be."

Hint - it wasn't Sark in year 5, it was Mora in year 2.

hth
  • chrisvashonchrisvashon Member Posts: 627
    dnc said:

"We're close but it doesn't matter. We're not after being close. Heck with being close. Losers can be close. We want to get it. We want to win those games. The coulda, the woulda, the shoulda -- all that crap, we don't want that. I'm tired of that. It's time for (insert school) to turn the freaking page and be something different and win those games. That's what it's time to be."

Hint - it wasn't Sark in year 5, it was Mora in year 2.

hth

they're both losers. hth.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    I watched Mora's press conference after Colorado and it was very Sark like. "We are building something special, but it's a process. We aren't there yet. We lost to two very good teams. I thought our guys weren't having fun playing football in the first half. You gotta have fun playing football. In the second half, we had fun, and we saw what happened. I'm going to enjoy the heck out of this win because wins are hard in this conference." I am paraphrasing, but Mora said all of these things.

Mora is a better coach, but as I have been saying for weeks, caring what anyone says in a press conference or interview is doogish.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

I watched Mora's press conference after Colorado and it was very Sark like. "We are building something special, but it's a process. We aren't there yet. We lost to two very good teams. I thought our guys weren't having fun playing football in the first half. You gotta have fun playing football. In the second half, we had fun, and we saw what happened. I'm going to enjoy the heck out of this win because wins are hard in this conference." I am paraphrasing, but Mora said all of these things.

Mora is a better coach, but as I have been saying for weeks, caring what anyone says in a press conference or interview is doogish.

You're the last person to be calling out doogish behavior.

If Sark makes it to 9 wins you'll be dooging it up worse than Auburndoog.
    topdawgnc said:

You're the last person to be calling out doogish behavior.

If Sark makes it to 9 wins you'll be dooging it up worse than Auburndoog.
    I don't know why you keep saying that. I wouldn't have been fine even if hypothetical 9-4 actually happened last year. Ever since I said you are a fucking idiot for saying UW will be 1-3 or 2-2 next year in their non conference schedule, you have been a little bitch. I've wanted Sark fired since the LSU game, and I would have been fine if he was fired after the Alamo Bowl. Enjoy Texas, clean out your cunt flaps, and get back to me.

edited November 2013
    http://www.bruinsnation.com/ucla_bruins_colorado_buffaloes/2013/11/3/5062284/jim-mora-ucla-hung-over-colorado

Here is Mora's post game Colorado press conference. Read what the author has to say.

"Making excuses after a lackluster win against one of the worst teams in the conference (while taking commitments from Dorrellian offensive recruits) is not exactly what we had in mind during Mora's second year in Westwood."

"Mora's coachspeak is fine but it's a little unsettling to see him downplaying ("managing") expectations seven games into this year given it was himself who talked about this season being an "opportunity" to break through. And, also the comments about the "juices" flowing in the second half doesn't mean all that much given that this is not the first time his team has looked disinterested and uninspiring in the first half (check back the replays of the Nevada, New Mexico State and UC Berkeley games)."

I like Mora, I think he is much better than Sark, but why does this site pump up everything good he does, and push it aside when he doesn't?
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    I just don't give a fuck anymore.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,107 Founders Club

I just don't give a fuck anymore.

This

Its fucking stupid at this point
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    I love how UCLA views a 22 point win as a disappointment.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,065 Standard Supporter
    THere is a huge line to beaux mora on this site and it is annoying at times. I agree he really should be our coach right now when tyrone should have been fired years ago. But he isn't and we get to see how good of a coach he really is. I think he is a good coach but I want to see how they respond to adversity and perform vs ASU and USC.

I am willing to let it play out through year 3 but so far he looks to be good but not great.

Say or don't say whatever the hell you want. Just win. Kick Ass pressers after losses are for losers too. No matter what is said after the loss.
    edited November 2013

THere is a huge line to beaux mora on this site and it is annoying at times. I agree he really should be our coach right now when tyrone should have been fired years ago. But he isn't and we get to see how good of a coach he really is. I think he is a good coach but I want to see how they respond to adversity and perform vs ASU and USC.

I am willing to let it play out through year 3 but so far he looks to be good but not great.

Say or don't say whatever the hell you want. Just win. Kick Ass pressers after losses are for losers too. No matter what is said after the loss.

• HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,686 Standard Supporter
    At least Mora paid his dues, already had head coaching experience, and assembled an enviable staff from Day 1. Our pool boy was just an OC for 2 years (with 5 star talent no less) and other than Nussmeier, Thomas, and (maybe) Mike Cox, and (maybe) Demetrius Martin, his original hires pretty much sucked. Then he replaces Nuss with a Eric K? Or replaces Thomas with his drinking and skirt chasing buddy Johnny Nansen?

Ugh.
  • chrisvashonchrisvashon Member Posts: 627
    edited November 2013
    For the millionth time, it's not about Sark vs Mora. (But the fact that people feel the need to point out how bad Sark is in order to justify Mora's mediocrity is telling.)

It's about pushing back on the idea that Mora is some transcedant coach. That he's above excuse-making and tempering expectations and kick ass pressers.

The reality is that Mora is just another guy. He uses the same coach speak, he makes the same excuses. He's average. And not UW's savior.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    New York-

Woody is pool boy. Sark is Dude or Surfer Brah.

HTH

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    MisterEm said:

New York-

Woody is pool boy. Sark is Dude or Surfer Brah.

HTH

Why do you call Sark Pool Boy?
  • I need to see a championship........
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650

I need to see a championship........

As long as both Sark and Pool Boy are here, more likely to see Pool Boy's hand grabbing Sark's ass than ever a championship. So sorry.