Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Gee Scott Jr, 4* 2020 WR, Bellevue (Eastside Catholic), WA (Offered 6/19)

Comments

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Bread said:

How long before the transfer is announced?

Cause Gee isn't going to be playing at OSU anytime soon.

I wonder if this is the "testing the waters" tweet. I haven't followed tOSU's fall depth chart but if his kid is sitting in the 3rd or 4th string TE spot, the writing is on the wall
    A true WDWHA. His dad is still as obnoxious as ever (though he'd probably give better FREE PUB to Jimmy than Pete), and now he has flamed out as a WR and is trying to grow into a fat Hunter Bryant.
    Jimmy will welcome any potential portal
  • Options
    Mooser42Mooser42 Member Posts: 763
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Bread said:

I wonder if this is the "testing the waters" tweet. I haven't followed tOSU's fall depth chart but if his kid is sitting in the 3rd or 4th string TE spot, the writing is on the wall
    A true WDWHA. His dad is still as obnoxious as ever (though he'd probably give better FREE PUB to Jimmy than Pete), and now he has flamed out as a WR and is trying to grow into a fat Hunter Bryant.
    Jimmy will welcome any potential portal
    Paging WeAreAPortalSchool
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

Bread said:

This is why I laugh at this idea that hit the portal hard and all will be fine

Perhaps Jr comes to UW and does really well

But are we beating Ohio St by taking their players that couldn’t get to the top of the depth charts?
    Most guys hit the portal because of depth. There were also very good starters that transferred as well.
    Bookie, Polk.

Sometimes people just want to get the fuck out of Lubbock and Norman.
    The safety from West Virginia that ended up at Georgia looks like an All American.

There will end up being many good players in the portal in the future. Fired coaching staffs, player suspensions, proximity to home, family reasons. It’s simplistic for Tequilla to say most of them are depth guys.
    Those types of high level players usually go to high level schools though. They aren’t looking to go to uw most of the time.

Tre sermon wasn’t looking at mid level schools. That safety went to Georgia from wv because they’re Georgia. Recruiting patterns repeat themselves in the portal too. Blue bloods hate some of their starters too and look to upgrade.
    That’s why you have to win.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Emeka and JTT are welcome back too

It is somewhat interesting to see if a WC 5 star can compete at the top of the game. 4 stars have not done so good.

I think you take Gee in a heartbeat. Sends a message and gets a big mouth on our side. I've never had the angst over SR that so many do

Emeka and JT will be fine and will be three and done at Ohio State. They won’t transfer.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,617
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

It is somewhat interesting to see if a WC 5 star can compete at the top of the game. 4 stars have not done so good.

I think you take Gee in a heartbeat. Sends a message and gets a big mouth on our side. I've never had the angst over SR that so many do

Emeka and JT will be fine and will be three and done at Ohio State. They won’t transfer.
    Egbuka for sure will be in the NFL after year 3. No way he bombs assuming no major injuries.

JTT has a harder road due to DL being more difficult to excel and to stay healthy. Still probably right on him too though.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

We'll see. That's the assumption. The 5th star means a lot more than 4 stars

But you still have to do it against 5 stars that are there and 5 stars that come in every year.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

Egbuka for sure will be in the NFL after year 3. No way he bombs assuming no major injuries.

JTT has a harder road due to DL being more difficult to excel and to stay healthy. Still probably right on him too though.
    I think he has more competition too

• Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,510
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Given the situation at WR is Jr. eligible in 3 weeks if he transfers now?
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,554
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Lol how could anyone know this

Odds are they won't be
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813

Odds are they won't be
    I also got a chuckle
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,617
    Swaye's Wigwam

Odds are they won't be
    Predictions man. Come on. Of course nobody knows.. Nobody here is paid to be right and there's no pressure to be.

It's fun. Make a call then loosely keep score in your head over time. That's really the only reason I follow recruiting. You should try it.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    chuck said:

Odds are they won't be
    Predictions man. Come on. Of course nobody knows.. Nobody here is paid to be right and there's no pressure to be.

It's fun. Make a call then loosely keep score in your head over time. That's really the only reason I follow recruiting. You should try it.
    We don't deal in hypotheticals here chuck
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Odds are they won't be
    Most top 10 players do end up being three and done. Lots are high draft picks. It’s not really stepping out on a limb. Both are very good players.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729

That's like saying Ngata, Justin Fields or any other 5 star recruit is a given. It's not at any program let alone Ohio State, Alabama and Clemaon. A tweaked ankle, a better recruit next year, no one knows.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

That's like saying Ngata, Justin Fields or any other 5 star recruit is a given. It's not at any program let alone Ohio State, Alabama and Clemaon. A tweaked ankle, a better recruit next year, no one knows.
    Guys do flame out, but most the top guys have undeniable talent and end up being good. Obviously injuries can end or hamper any career. Like Chuck said, it’s just a prediction. I never thought it to be a sure thing. Imo, it’s likely they will be good and end up high draft picks.