Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Gee Scott Jr, 4* 2020 WR, Bellevue (Eastside Catholic), WA (Offered 6/19)

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,904
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Bread said:

How long before the transfer is announced?

Cause Gee isn't going to be playing at OSU anytime soon.

I wonder if this is the "testing the waters" tweet. I haven't followed tOSU's fall depth chart but if his kid is sitting in the 3rd or 4th string TE spot, the writing is on the wall
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

If winning is all that mattered, you'd think a team that won the North would be doing better than a team that finished .500 last year
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,496
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Bread said:

I wonder if this is the "testing the waters" tweet. I haven't followed tOSU's fall depth chart but if his kid is sitting in the 3rd or 4th string TE spot, the writing is on the wall
    This is why I laugh at this idea that hit the portal hard and all will be fine

Perhaps Jr comes to UW and does really well

But are we beating Ohio St by taking their players that couldn’t get to the top of the depth charts?
    No.

Also, worry about bearing Oregon for recruits before beating Ohio State on the field. UW is never going to be a power like Ohio State or Alabama. That culture does not exist here. We should own the P12 North and be in NY6 games semi-regularly, though.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,909
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Maybe Jr can rack up a couple special teams player of the year awards there.
    L
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Bread said:

But are we beating Ohio St by taking their players that couldn’t get to the top of the depth charts?
    Most guys hit the portal because of depth. There were also very good starters that transferred as well.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,554
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Tequilla said:

Bread said:

Most guys hit the portal because of depth. There were also very good starters that transferred as well.
    Bookie, Polk.

Sometimes people just want to get the fuck out of Lubbock and Norman.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Jr is fine ... but the real issue is if Jr portals to Washington will Sr keep his big mouth shut?

Much of the time, it's hard for assholes to stop being an asshole ... or maybe he's that transparent.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,617
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Bread said:

Seems to me that Sr just likes to contradict Husky fans. The discontent has spread enough now that everyone is aware of it. Time for him to run his fat mouth.
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,976
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Bread said:

Yes cause the only reason he is not on top is they recruited a 5 star from Ohio and the locals would riot if they played some outsider over their home town heros.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

Bread said:

Bookie, Polk.

The safety from West Virginia that ended up at Georgia looks like an All American.

There will end up being many good players in the portal in the future. Fired coaching staffs, player suspensions, proximity to home, family reasons. It’s simplistic for Tequilla to say most of them are depth guys.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Tequilla said:

Bread said:

Bookie, Polk.

The safety from West Virginia that ended up at Georgia looks like an All American.

There will end up being many good players in the portal in the future. Fired coaching staffs, player suspensions, proximity to home, family reasons. It’s simplistic for Tequilla to say most of them are depth guys.
    Most *are* depth players.

Most HS athletes are destined to be depth players as well.

There is still plenty of real talent in the portal (and out of the HS ranks).
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,605
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    edited August 2021
    chuck said:

Bread said:

Seems to me that Sr just likes to contradict Husky fans. The discontent has spread enough now that everyone is aware of it. Time for him to run his fat mouth.
    This. The worse Jimmy sucks the more people are going to try and make Husky fans look bad.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,901
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I feel like hell is freezing over.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,101
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    You think Sr. could coach DBs?
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    When you can’t fuck the prom queen fuck the fat chick
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,901
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

When you can’t fuck the prom queen fuck the fat chick

Hurtful.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

animate said:

Jr is fine ... but the real issue is if Jr portals to Washington will Sr keep his big mouth shut?

Much of the time, it's hard for assholes to stop being an asshole ... or maybe he's that transparent.

He would probably be a better UW recruiter than Lake at this point.
    Yeah, I actually agree.

Give Sr some recruiting responsibilities and work that "fast strategy" approach! Ha!
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,980
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

Bread said:

Bookie, Polk.

Those types of high level players usually go to high level schools though. They aren’t looking to go to uw most of the time.

Tre sermon wasn’t looking at mid level schools. That safety went to Georgia from wv because they’re Georgia. Recruiting patterns repeat themselves in the portal too. Blue bloods hate some of their starters too and look to upgrade.