Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Gee Scott Jr, 4* 2020 WR, Bellevue (Eastside Catholic), WA (Offered 6/19)

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

I wonder if DJ Rodgers is going to get an offer now?

I’ll be your 3rd wheel in your LP with SAC if that happens
    Do the board a favor and 3rd wheel yourself with AZDuck and ZoneUW.
    FirePete said:

The amount of doogin on this one is getting ridiculous.

Actually I’m mainly calling out two of you bitches. I feel like you two are jerking each other off through your keyboard and mouse in your dad(s) basement.

Only takes one more and you guys can create a lemonparty type scenario.

Someone needs to steal your joy in life because your optimism makes me want to cut myself.

You fucks must not have any kids.

Side Note: As I’m typing this son b farts in the face of son c leading son a to jump in only to be scissor kicked by son b. Daughter runs in and sucker punches son a, laughs and runs off. Bitch is just like her mom. Sooo, maybe kids to provide a form of moderate entertainment.

u should have been castrated at birth
    Says the basement dweller. meanwhile 4 children under the age of 10 have already contributed more to society than you have in your miserable 42 yrs on earth.

Go kill your self.
    Bitch, I am 6”6 Tacoma tuff black guys. You don’t want this in your life
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,325
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    whuggy said:

Beno4Life said:

Even with Adams' pleas to Pete, the timing of this offer makes little sense. Gee is all Buckeye. And it makes Pete look hypocritical.

Fuck Matt "Credit Union" Lubick.

And shit, Pete, man. Why do you need your new WR coach to convince you that this kid, who plays right over the fucking bridge and has the size and swagger and work ethic and is committed to the team that handled you in the fucking Rose Bowl, is worth an offer?

Not to mention, besides LeBron, what the fuck has Ohio ever produced of substance? What a god-awful state.

It makes me wonder how involved Pete really is at offering prospects. Like, how does he not micromanage Lubick and offer Gee in 2018 when he offered Adams, Hector, and Hatchett, et al? Hell, even Emeka got in offer in October 2018.

And FUCK! If we had Adams, who I'm pretty damn impressed with thus far for not even coaching a single UW game, Ngata would be ours. FUCK!!!

Wow. I couldn't disagree more. This is a total win-win for Pete and UW. It's an obvious win if Gee comes to UW because he is a talent. Still a win if Gee goes to OSU because it reinforces Pete's message that you get an offer when you check all the boxes and not before. Makes him look like he actually lives his words unlike most of the college football salesman. Huge plus for the good guys here.
    This is only true if:
    1.) The reason for the lack of early offer is known.
    2.) The mitigating circumstances leading to the eventual offer are known.

Without these two things, all you have is a kid not getting an offer for some reason, then he gets an offer for no known reason after a semi-public row with the local high school football community. Somebody above pointed out that it helps that UW is still in really good shape with perhaps the best receiver class in school history, so it definitely paints the offer in a different light than hypocritical desperation move.

But the window is still open for this to be seen as hypocritical not in the light of WR recruiting but rather local recruiting overall: This was just done to curry favor with local recruits. There are some serious heavy hitters coming down the pike in the next few classes.

81% sure I'm ignoring Occam's Razor, blowing this fear way out of proportion, and future recruits won't give this a second thought, but, you know, a world exists...
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,007
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

Meanwhile pops has his eyes on the prize

First rate work. Now get a fucking avatar you goddamn savage.
    Being called a savage by you is an honor. As mod, you are a role model and I strive to be like you.
    Knock up a wealth girl and get engaged to her then.
  • Options
    RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I don't think we need to know jack shit about what's going on behind the scenes. I just need to know Petersen. If he was into making Hail Mary moves or placating local HS or recruiting hacks then DJ and Simon would have offers.

Frankly, I hope Pete doesn't see that Jr. "liked" the notion that Pete was trying to CYA because he screwed up; that's a good way to get your offer rescinded.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    RealRhino said:

I don't think we need to know jack shit about what's going on behind the scenes. I just need to know Petersen. If he was into making Hail Mary moves or placating local HS or recruiting hacks then DJ and Simon would have offers.

Frankly, I hope Pete doesn't see that Jr. "liked" the notion that Pete was trying to CYA because he screwed up; that's a good way to get your offer rescinded.

Pete's the last person who is going to be looking at Twitter likes.
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dnc said:

RealRhino said:

Are you sure about that? I would say the staff knows about it and tracks everything.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I don't think it's that complicated let's just look at what we know.

- has gee Scott Jr portrayed himself negatively since the last school year or in the past 7 versus 7 season? Not that I've seen. He showed a little bit of swag and competitive edge but that's seen as a good thing.
    - has senior been very outspoken in social media to the point where coach Petersen would really go another direction? Not really and it would seem that recently he has had quite a few months where he has gone quite low profile and has even been complimentary and cooperative to any potential behavioural requirements ask from coaching staff
    - I've said this before. Peterman appears to be the kind of guy that would say "hey Mr Scott, I'm just not comfortable with social media and as you can tell I'm a control vanilla kind of guy that only likes good old fashion missionary positions. But I'm pretty good coach and we win lots and Jr is going to benefit from our program and have his best chance to make it to the league and be able to play in front of his family and friends. Can you do me a solid by laying low for awhile to prove to us that we can trust our process before offering a scholarship?"

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

RealRhino said:

Are you sure about that? I would say the staff knows about it and tracks everything.
    The staff yes.

I repeat. Pete is not looking at Twitter likes.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Emoterman said:

Emoterman said:

That dick is all shard
    Again, @dirtysouwfdawg, amirite?
    @Emoterman Hope to see you in Jan. Dirtydrugsdawg needs to come out of the box and you seem to be a likely suspect for joining the shit show.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,604
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    animate said:

- has gee Scott Jr portrayed himself negatively since the last school year or in the past 7 versus 7 season? Not that I've seen. He showed a little bit of swag and competitive edge but that's seen as a good thing.
    - has senior been very outspoken in social media to the point where coach Petersen would really go another direction? Not really and it would seem that recently he has had quite a few months where he has gone quite low profile and has even been complimentary and cooperative to any potential behavioural requirements ask from coaching staff
    - I've said this before. Peterman appears to be the kind of guy that would say "hey Mr Scott, I'm just not comfortable with social media and as you can tell I'm a control vanilla kind of guy that only likes good old fashion missionary positions. But I'm pretty good coach and we win lots and Jr is going to benefit from our program and have his best chance to make it to the league and be able to play in front of his family and friends. Can you do me a solid by laying low for awhile to prove to us that we can trust our process before offering a scholarship?"

Maybe it's just me, but man I would have a hard time swallowing (no homo) that last line. In fact, it would probably prompt me to pop off on ol' Petey. I get what you are saying, but selling that without coming off as having a superiority complex or holier than thou is awfully tuff.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

animate said:

Maybe it's just me, but man I would have a hard time swallowing (no homo) that last line. In fact, it would probably prompt me to pop off on ol' Petey. I get what you are saying, but selling that without coming off as having a superiority complex or holier than thou is awfully tuff.
    It’s sales. I believe that what Pete is selling is easier to sell to an adult than a child.

Word choice also allows you to say a lot of harsh shit and make it sound nice.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited June 2019
    Wow fudgepack is bringing serious fucking heat in the wam. Holy shit, if i said anything swaye would have me swinging with the fishes
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    FirePete said:

Wow fudgepack is bringing serious fucking heat in the wam. Holy shit, if i said anything swaye would have me swinging with the fishes

Does Stalin honor competitor's coupons? If I buy 1 month in the warm can I get 4 months free?
  • Options
    guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Big Gee is a fuckin retard but you already know Fetters’ disgusting sphincter clenched so tight when he read this.

I’d say it’s at least 99.8% chance he *gulped* and then cried for at least ten minutes after being came at on the twitter machine.

FirePete said:

Expect a woof soon?
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

FirePete said:

Does Stalin honor competitor's coupons? If I buy 1 month in the warm can I get 4 months free?
    I support it. You could post endless doogman content with no reprecussions from their terrifying lawyers there.

@Swaye can we get this guy a discount?