Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    Haven't you started several threads on tax legislation squabbles already?
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,229 Standard Supporter
    Hondo likes taxes, the more the better. It's odd he doesn't fill in the donation line on the tax form though.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    Sledog said:

Hondo likes taxes, the more the better. It's odd he doesn't fill in the donation line on the tax form though.

Please to be explaining how this tax cut will benefit the middle class.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,207
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

I have done the math on this tax cut via about 12 different online sources and all show me benefiting. I am middle class.

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

I have done the math on this tax cut via about 12 different online sources and all show me benefiting. I am middle class.
    Ok cool. You get a $40 tax cut. I will be about a wash (I have $20k in deductions, but lose the $12k in personal exemptions, taxable income will be higher but at a lower rate). But the dude making $600k a year gets $5,000. And apple gets billions.

Explain how the wealthy and corporations getting tax cuts will benefit the middle class. That's the point I'm getting at.
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Ok cool. You get a $40 tax cut. I will be about a wash (I have $20k in deductions, but lose the $12k in personal exemptions, taxable income will be higher but at a lower rate). But the dude making $600k a year gets $5,000. And apple gets billions.

Explain how the wealthy and corporations getting tax cuts will benefit the middle class. That's the point I'm getting at.
    It's actually a few thousand. And will be more when the first kid arrives next year.

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

It's actually a few thousand. And will be more when the first kid arrives next year.
    I highly doubt is a few thousand. And the kid will wash. You lose the $4,050 personal exemption you had for the additional child.

Still, explain how the wealthy and corporations will flow the money to the middle class.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,660 Founders Club
    Shut the fuck up hondo. Get a new playbook
    I don't get hung up on penalizing people for being successful. The amount of taxes paid by high-wage earners that flow to low-income earners, combined with the taxes that low-income earners never pay...I would be more interested in closing loopholes in the tax code. As a principle I don't believe that some rich person should have their income redistributed to me for no reason other than they've accumulated wealth.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    This is what CNN told me:

I don't get hung up on penalizing people for being successful. The amount of taxes paid by high-wage earners that flow to low-income earners, combined with the taxes that low-income earners never pay...I would be more interested in closing loopholes in the tax code. As a principle I don't believe that some rich person should have their income redistributed to me for no reason other than they've accumulated wealth.

Agree with that, but that's how this bill is sold. That the wealthy and corporations will share the tax cut with the middle class. Which of course is a lie.

As to your other point. That's the other fallacy, the tax cut will grow the economy. If you give most of the tax cut to the middle class, then yes the economy will grow. But most of the tax cut is going to the wealthy and corporations (which are owned by the wealthy, with the middle class ownership a small fraction and mostly in retirement plans). If the point of the tax cut was there is to much money coming into the government, then I'm all for cutting taxes on the wealthy because they pay the most.

Either way, Republicans get to own this.

Shut the fuck up hondo. Get a new playbook

Didn't think you had anything meaningful to add.
    The GOP will own the recovery. The politics of envy are old and mold

Fuck off

The GOP will own the recovery. The politics of envy are old and mold

Fuck off

Recovery from what? I'm hearing the stock market is at all time high and unemployment is near historical lows.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    I'm going to bookmark hondos latest hypothetical family situation for later
    I knew you didn't have anything to add
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    edited December 2017

I knew you didn't have anything to add

I just didn't think it would be so soon.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

You should probably start a Boycott of Apple products then. I'm sure you'll make a yuge impression with your curly fry customers.
    salemcoog said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

You should probably start a Boycott of Apple products then. I'm sure you'll make a yuge impression with your curly fry customers.
    I'm thinking about it. The iPhone X is essentially my first Apple product. And I'm about to throw it out the window. Not because of taxes. Maybe I can throw it in the deep fryer. Throw that up on YouTube and profit.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,668 Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

There is no middle class anymore.