Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

After watching guys like Lockner, Tuel, Ponder, and Clemens today

2»

Comments

• dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326

I think Keith Price could be a Pro Bowl quarterback RIGHT NOW.

Fucking dreckfest.

It will never happen. There are some really bad QB's playing, but Price's skillset does not fit the NFL. He would get the happiest feet at the first sign of a pass rush. I'm watching Phillip Rivers, and he is very slow, but pocket presence in the NFL is huge, and Price's is absolutely horrible.

Never say never Road Dawg, if someone told me Derek Anderson would ever make a pro bowl I would have told you that you were fucking high.

Anderson was fucking dog shit at Oregon State.
    I agree with that. Very unlikely would have been a better choice, but with the right team, right players around him, right coach, maybe Price could eke his way in. Derek Anderson is a good example of a terrible QB making the Pro Bowl, and he's not the only one. I still would say it's more likely Price never makes a roster than a Pro Bowl.
    I don't think Price is a pro bowler, in fact I don't think he's an NFL starter. I do think he'll make the NFL.

Just saying after seeing Anderson who the few Beavers fans that I know couldn't wait for him to graduate pull a random pro bowl out of his ass I learned to never say a guy won't make the pro bowl.

Having said that, Jeff Tuel will never play in a pro bowl.
    I think Price could be an NFL backup, a guy who can make a spot start here or there, I mean lets be honest he'll snap like a twig if he has to start more than 1 or 2 games. He also just isn't that great a QB
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited November 2013
    Price could be a back up, but half the battle is going to the right team. He will get a shot to make a roster, but it's not easy. I think he might stick on a practice squad or a roster for a year or two and be out of the league. I just don't think he has the skillset to play in the NFL. He will be a great Arena or CFL QB though.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,727
    The year Derek Anderson threw 5 picks against the dawgs, I was ripping osu for leaning on the guy as I believe he has the record for most picks his parents were in front of me and called me out. It was pretty awesome, I said well at least you will be millionaires! I told them his coach put him in tough spots, they didn't want to hear it.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    jecornel said:

The year Derek Anderson threw 5 picks against the dawgs, I was ripping osu for leaning on the guy as I believe he has the record for most picks his parents were in front of me and called me out. It was pretty awesome, I said well at least you will be millionaires! I told them his coach put him in tough spots, they didn't want to hear it.

I wonder if his parents wrote a letter to the local beat writer about the rude fans picking on their son.