Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What I Wonder, What I Contemplate, What I Wish (Togiai and Gordon Edition)

So with all this freak out going on over the latest Crystal Ball's of Tommy to Ohio State and the stuff we are hearing about Kyler Gordon and ND, I thought I would take this time to say a few things.

First, You can listen to all the "sources" and "what we are hearing" from Dawgman and what not you want, but, IMO, the best way to get a look into the mind of a fucking teenager is to see what buttons they are clicking on twitter. Through this, Togiai has not been seriously considering UW for months, he has a coach that is as obviously in the bag for Ohio State as I have ever seen. This is as uphill of a recruiting battle I have seen. I have no clue why people on UW sites are saying that "it looks good for UW", and "UW is leading for Tommy" and all that, but they are, and it's dumb. @Dennis_DeYoung and I have been saying for months now Tommy is not coming here, and I still believe that if it really came down to it we would finish third behind USC. I hope to everything I am that I am wrong, but yeah.

I think what happens is you have unprofessional "journalists" that have no clue how to filter the news they get from their sources. I know coaches talk to the people at DM, they get info direct from them at times... the problem with this however is that most coaches think they are getting everyone they want to get. Anytime I hear someone tell me that the guys over at DM are saying we are in a good spot for Togiai, or that the other site has a new report up that sounds good for Togiai I just stroll on over to Twitter, click on his profile and see a stream of likes and tweets about Ohio State.

The poly thing is a factor, and maybe his parents do want him at UW. But to me it is clear as day that this kid wants to go to Ohio State, and if not there then he'd be about USC.

On Kyler Gordon. FUCK WHAT ANYONE HEARS FROM THE SCOUT SITES OR WHATEVER ELSE BULLSHIT. Like I've stated before they all have these sources and shit, it's fucking annoying. Just follow patterns and you can figure shit out reasonably well and way better than the 247/Scout sites do. When a kid pays his own way for a 3 day visit basically across the Country, after already officially visiting before to that same school, it is not good. I don't care how much of a doog you are, you can't spin that as good news. The interesting thing is that on Twitter Kyler is pretty heavy UW, and was WAY heavy UW up until about 2 weeks ago.

Gordon is one of the more interesting tests for me because on twitter alone he has been all UW for a year now, but he just hasn't pulled the trigger on it. And with this recent ND visit, and his follows and likes on twitter in the past few weeks it certainly seems like he may be heading that way. The next week or so will give me more information to determine what the hell he is thinking, because for once I have no read on this one.

In short, fuck sources, fuck getting information from hugely biased parties, fuck rumor mongering that is most likely just an attempt to draw traffic and clicks. I am happy to put my opinions out there instead of bouncing around and playing every single side of the fence imaginable. Togiai to Ohio State and Gordon going to ND (first PSA I've struggled with on twitter in awhile).

Comments

• Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,960
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I chinned this for your process not your outcome.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited December 2017
    What are some examples of kids from previous classes that were heavy Twitter leans toward a particular school, but then actually signed elsewhere?
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,066
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Gladstone said:

I want to die.

I don't want to die. I'd prefer killing everything.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

So with all this freak out going on over the latest Crystal Ball's of Tommy to Ohio State and the stuff we are hearing about Kyler Gordon and ND, I thought I would take this time to say a few things.

First, You can listen to all the "sources" and "what we are hearing" from Dawgman and what not you want, but, IMO, the best way to get a look into the mind of a fucking teenager is to see what buttons they are clicking on twitter. Through this, Togiai has not been seriously considering UW for months, he has a coach that is as obviously in the bag for Ohio State as I have ever seen. This is as uphill of a recruiting battle I have seen. I have no clue why people on UW sites are saying that "it looks good for UW", and "UW is leading for Tommy" and all that, but they are, and it's dumb. @Dennis_DeYoung and I have been saying for months now Tommy is not coming here, and I still believe that if it really came down to it we would finish third behind USC. I hope to everything I am that I am wrong, but yeah.

I think what happens is you have unprofessional "journalists" that have no clue how to filter the news they get from their sources. I know coaches talk to the people at DM, they get info direct from them at times... the problem with this however is that most coaches think they are getting everyone they want to get. Anytime I hear someone tell me that the guys over at DM are saying we are in a good spot for Togiai, or that the other site has a new report up that sounds good for Togiai I just stroll on over to Twitter, click on his profile and see a stream of likes and tweets about Ohio State.

The poly thing is a factor, and maybe his parents do want him at UW. But to me it is clear as day that this kid wants to go to Ohio State, and if not there then he'd be about USC.

On Kyler Gordon. FUCK WHAT ANYONE HEARS FROM THE SCOUT SITES OR WHATEVER ELSE BULLSHIT. Like I've stated before they all have these sources and shit, it's fucking annoying. Just follow patterns and you can figure shit out reasonably well and way better than the 247/Scout sites do. When a kid pays his own way for a 3 day visit basically across the Country, after already officially visiting before to that same school, it is not good. I don't care how much of a doog you are, you can't spin that as good news. The interesting thing is that on Twitter Kyler is pretty heavy UW, and was WAY heavy UW up until about 2 weeks ago.

Gordon is one of the more interesting tests for me because on twitter alone he has been all UW for a year now, but he just hasn't pulled the trigger on it. And with this recent ND visit, and his follows and likes on twitter in the past few weeks it certainly seems like he may be heading that way. The next week or so will give me more information to determine what the hell he is thinking, because for once I have no read on this one.

In short, fuck sources, fuck getting information from hugely biased parties, fuck rumor mongering that is most likely just an attempt to draw traffic and clicks. I am happy to put my opinions out there instead of bouncing around and playing every single side of the fence imaginable. Togiai to Ohio State and Gordon going to ND (first PSA I've struggled with on twitter in awhile).

Then why doesn’t he just commit to osu?
  • Options

Two years ago Ruth and Scott (who I both read religiously, so shout out to them for having info)

You read them religiously?
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Since the beginning of November, his likes have looked like this.
    • OSU - 9
    • SC - 6
    • UW - 4
    • Utah - 1
    Looking at just December, it's more obvious. SC likely a little inflated since he went on an SC spree the night they won the P12 CG.
    • OSU - 6
    • SC - 6
    • UW - 1
    • Utah - 1
    I quit looking at October and September because it was 99% OSU and I got mad.
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,979
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    BallzDeep said:

Why don't Poly dads ever smile? It's like when they're young Poly guys are all happy and smiling and full of life but then when they're old it's like all joy in life has been sucked out of them.

their cheeks are to fat
  • Options

Passion said:

Two years ago Ruth and Scott (who I both read religiously, so shout out to them for having info)

You read them religiously?
    IDGAF I do what I like.