Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIAL: Oregon Coaching Search thread

Comments

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2017
    In all seriousness, I'd go for the shark fucker. Not sure what happened at FLA this year, but his first 2 years were decent after the dreck that Muschamp made them. That'd be my first call if Leach leaves WSU.
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    salemcoog said:

In all seriousness, I'd go for the shark fucker. Not sure what happened at FLA this year, but his first 2 years were decent after the dreck that Muschamp made them. That'd be my first call if Leach leaves WSU.

Shark Fucker, Leavitt and Wilcox are the three least offensive candidates. The reunification of Cristobal and Tosh being bandied about seems like it can only in SMU style sanctions.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

salemcoog said:

Shark Fucker, Leavitt and Wilcox are the three least offensive candidates. The reunification of Cristobal and Tosh being bandied about seems like it can only in SMU style sanctions.
    SMU ASST Coach: “We’re gunna go into this house and we’re going to show this kid $40,000. So we show it to him. He looks at it and says, ‘Coach, you’re not even close.’”
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,017
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    1) if they wanted jim to be HC then they would have made him interim, not mario
    2) i think he's a really good coordinator but he'd basically be mike stoops on the sidelines, not a good look imo
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    BallzDeep said:

Stupid Ducks are pandering for Mario Cristobal to get the job. Cristobal failed as the head coach at Florida International. Apparently WIllie "wasn't a great X's and O's guy" so it's okay he's gone.

Well the Ducks started out running Willie's minimal blocking inside and stretch zone and couldn't score a point past halftime, cost us the ASU game, and was 100% useless without Herbert.

By the end of the season we were exclusively running Erickson's single back offense which is obviously Christobal since he played in it. I don't know if he was just in charge of the schematics or was running the whole show, but Willie's bullshit Gulf Coast Offense didn't make it a half season in the Pac-12.

I will miss Willie's recruiting skill, but the bazillion Bama fans down here telling me how awesome of a recruiter Mario is kind of makes that subside. If he hires Randy Shannon to run the defense that will put me on Cloud 9. I would trade Randy for Leavitt in a heartbeat.

Hire a good line coach and add a full time special teams coordinator in January when everyone gets to add one more staffer and get it going.

No one ever loved Willie the coach. We loved Willie the recruiter that hired Jim Leavitt. Sling could have done that same thing and he would still be the head coach, but instead he hired a guy that didn't even understand the defense he was trying to run, which is why Sling is still out of work.

Cristobal + Shannon = Taggart + Leavitt.
  • Options
    doogie said:

Just remember one thing. Phil Knight could have stopped Taggart from leaving with pocket change.

He chose not to. Let that sink in Duck fans.

I think that tells you Willie wasn't that valuable. If someone tried to hire Dana Altman away he would buy the university trying to hire him and have it demolished on live TV.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,258
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    @MikeSeaver

1.1 k and growing. Not bad for a couple hours.

• Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    doogie said:

Just remember one thing. Phil Knight could have stopped Taggart from leaving with pocket change.

He chose not to. Let that sink in Duck fans.

You must be poor. Rich people don’t spend money to lose it.

T

@MikeSeaver

1.1 k and growing. Not bad for a couple hours.

This is just hot news right now and you’re using my name for recognition.

This is my last appearance in this thread.

Period.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,017
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2017
    Mosster47 said:

I will miss Willie's recruiting skill, but the bazillion Bama fans down here telling me how awesome of a recruiter Mario is kind of makes that subside. If he hires Randy Shannon to run the defense that will put me on Cloud 9. I would trade Randy for Leavitt in a heartbeat.

hate to break it to you bro but

HE HAS A CONTRACT...just signed one at UCF
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,258
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    uncle phil could afford the buyout
  • Options

Mosster47 said:

hate to break it to you bro but

HE HAS A CONTRACT...just signed one at UCF
    Right. I'm sure if his friend and former teammate offered to triple his salary to come to a way bigger program he wouldn't take it.