Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Stunned Kirk Herbstreit walks off set after Buckeyes snubbed from playoff

2»

Comments

• AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381

Try losing to Iowa by single digits, then maybe you have a case...maybe...

Nobody hates Bammer and the SEC more than me (and Pumpy) but one loss trumps two losses like 98% of the time

Swaye said:

Meek said:

Was such an awesome moment when he tried to be humble and objective by saying Bama would get in but he clearly expected tOSU to get in so he ended up looking like a bigger bag of dicks than he normally does when he walked off the set.

Typical Big 10 douche. Must be water in the Midwest that makes them all mildly retarded
    Mildly?
    The fuck? Sconnie
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839
    Such fag, Kirk
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,545 Founders Club
    I would be ok with a 6 team playoff. 5 champs plus one at Large.

Top two seeds get a bye which is very significant and keeps meaning to the regular season. First round played at home of higher seed one week after c championship games, then continue as is.
  • LesGrossmanLesGrossman Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,477 Founders Club
    Doogles said:

Top two seeds get a bye which is very significant and keeps meaning to the regular season. First round played at home of higher seed one week after c championship games, then continue as is.

That's too much of an advantage for the two bye teams, especially if we're relying on the current format of the committee to pick who gets the byes. "Why does the SEC team get a bye every year?", etc. Just go with 8 teams. There will still be enough arguing over the seeding.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,876 Standard Supporter
    Doogles said:

That's as ugly a bracket as now, with two cunts getting byes? Fuck that aristocratic shit.

8 teams: Quarters. Semis. NC Gayme. Done.
  • FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    Doogles said:

There is no reason to give a bye to anyone. 8 teams is what it should be. All the top 5 conf champs get in, which means you need to play well in your regular season to qualify for conf championship and an auto birth. Yes, it will allow a weird team to get in once in a while via conference title, however if there is a truly deserving team in your conference they should be added as an at large bid via the other 3 spots.

Anyone in the 6,7,8,9,10,11,12 range of college football rankings should eat shit and die b/c not only did they lose more than one game, they didn't qualify and win their conf title meaning they didn't get "snubbed". 4 teams leaves far too much to be argued on who is snubbed around the 4 mark.

And to those of you asshats who want to say, this is all about drama and we need the 4 teams for drama. Guess what, the BCS said the same shit, and look at the 4 team playoff. 81% of fans understand that more playoff football is better than a panel deciding games. Especially when you throw in the ESPN Ranking bias of putting big10,12 and SEC honks as high as they can to stay in the top 4 regardless of losses.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,545 Founders Club
    I mean the BCS was just two teams. Give the top two teams by some BCS formula the bye week as an advantage for having a kick ass season. The entire point of CFB is every game matters. Losing to ASU is the difference between a playoff and nothing.

That remains intact and fuck yes gives the two best teams an advantage. There aren't 8 teams worthy of playing for a natty.

Or just expand it to the entire top 25 fuck it.