Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Heads Up Deplorable Degenerates

Comments

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

You're actually getting good advice. Go to the best school (with the best alumni network in your field of interest) you can get into. My parents wouldn't have let me go to Oregon undergrad even if I had wanted to.

Eh, Oregon gets a tuffer wrap than they deserve. There are good things happening down there. Knight is building them a science campus and their science facilities are not bad as they are. Other shit's going and they've raised a ton of money for the endowment.

In terms of academic experience and what you can get out of it, Oregon would be the same as all but a handful of schools in the Pac 12. In terms of quality of student body, Stanford is by itself w/ nobody close. Berkeley isn't even close to them (or Pomona btw) and their numbers are deceiving for reasons I won't get into here. UW has made serious strides in terms of overall student body selectivity and has moved themselves into a higher position than they've historically been. Stanford, then some space, then Cal and UCLA and then less space, UW, and then everybody else is a fair cut at it. I'd probably send a kid to Oregon b4 a lot of schools out there, and overall the Pac has a good collection of institutions. And their campus is fairly nice and, I'm biased, but I like the NW.
    Agreed, I think you forgot USC though--they'd be in there above UW, below Cal, on par with UCLA.
    Yes, I did. SC's numbers, though, are always SUPER misleading, but for very different reasons than Cal. SC plays with their numbers and is a well-known rankings whore. I won't get into here because NOGAF, but one of the big secrets at SC is Spring admission. UW does this too, where they'll admit people with lower numbers. You just take 3 mos. off. But SC does it dramatically, so that their official numbers, based only on Fall admits, are light years higher than the actual cross-section. This costs them money, but they have it and they view it as investment in the schools "brand", which they've been trying to change forever from "university of spoiled children" who couldn't get into UCLA. SC is solid; don't get me wrong. But it's not nearly as hard to get into as it appears to be, and probably not that much harder than Washington. Washington is probably better across the board for grad school, though SC has some top programs here and there.

its like revenge of the nerds around here.

I went to asu because I wanted to get pussy. And got paid to do it.

If you to a school for undergrad that is slightly bigger than your high school you are a massive faggot.

And undergrad is stupid anyway. Go to a good grad school.

Rather go to USC or UT, both way better schools, where the girls are just as hot as at ASU and you don't have to wear a rubber because they're rich AF and somewhat classy.
    All hot girls are rich. At USC they are just jewish.

I got nothing against UT or SC. Both good choices.

Of course just mainly don't take out 100k of loans like a fucking asshole.

• Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

You're actually getting good advice. Go to the best school (with the best alumni network in your field of interest) you can get into. My parents wouldn't have let me go to Oregon undergrad even if I had wanted to.

Eh, Oregon gets a tuffer wrap than they deserve. There are good things happening down there. Knight is building them a science campus and their science facilities are not bad as they are. Other shit's going and they've raised a ton of money for the endowment.

In terms of academic experience and what you can get out of it, Oregon would be the same as all but a handful of schools in the Pac 12. In terms of quality of student body, Stanford is by itself w/ nobody close. Berkeley isn't even close to them (or Pomona btw) and their numbers are deceiving for reasons I won't get into here. UW has made serious strides in terms of overall student body selectivity and has moved themselves into a higher position than they've historically been. Stanford, then some space, then Cal and UCLA and then less space, UW, and then everybody else is a fair cut at it. I'd probably send a kid to Oregon b4 a lot of schools out there, and overall the Pac has a good collection of institutions. And their campus is fairly nice and, I'm biased, but I like the NW.
    Agreed, I think you forgot USC though--they'd be in there above UW, below Cal, on par with UCLA.
    Yes, I did. SC's numbers, though, are always SUPER misleading, but for very different reasons than Cal. SC plays with their numbers and is a well-known rankings whore. I won't get into here because NOGAF, but one of the big secrets at SC is Spring admission. UW does this too, where they'll admit people with lower numbers. You just take 3 mos. off. But SC does it dramatically, so that their official numbers, based only on Fall admits, are light years higher than the actual cross-section. This costs them money, but they have it and they view it as investment in the schools "brand", which they've been trying to change forever from "university of spoiled children" who couldn't get into UCLA. SC is solid; don't get me wrong. But it's not nearly as hard to get into as it appears to be, and probably not that much harder than Washington. Washington is probably better across the board for grad school, though SC has some top programs here and there.

If you to a school for undergrad that is slightly bigger than your high school you are a massive faggot.

Rather go to USC or UT, both way better schools, where the girls are just as hot as at ASU and you don't have to wear a rubber because they're rich AF and somewhat classy.

From someone who's dated a lot of USC girls, there is a huge drop-off from USC rich to "insert West Coast public school here" rich.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

Swaye said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

That's a pussy move.

fuck off skinny, you're going to Gonzaga
    LIPO. You went to Oregon.
    That's true, I did. for grad school. Undergrad I went somewhere else.

Someplace a lot fucking better than Gonzaga
    I haven't even committed to a school yet?

Common application deadline's coming up, Sparky. branch out AZ from those catholic schools and find a school that will be both challenging and rewarding. Or go to UW, save some money on tuition and have a good football team to root for while you sit with three hundred other people in your freshman seminar.
    I applied early action for every school i applied to. I want to go to Santa Clara.
    Where all did you apply?
    He told us once before. Buncha Catholic schools. Gonzaga, Santa Clara, U San Diego, U Portland.

Pretty much the whole WCC.

It's like he wants to get diddled.
    Colorado State, Gonzaga, San Diego, Santa Clara, UW, Wazzu, Denver, and Florida
    Rating your choices:

1. UW

2. Florida

3. Colorado State

4. Denver
    4a. Sandy Eggo

6. Santa Clara

7. cuog

8. zagfags
    If we're going strictly w/ academis, it goes like this:

1. UW/Florida/Santa Clara
    2. Denver (arguably in the first tier)
    3. SD/Gonzaga
    4. CSU/WSU

Schools on the same rank = academically interchangeable, saving for some particular focus. For example, you'd go to UW for CS or engineering over any of those schools.

People will freak, but you'll get a higher quality undergrad education at Santa Clara than at the big schools. The bigs, like UW, get a lot of their rep. on shit that will have nothing to do with you or your undergraduate peers. Classes are Yuge first two years, at least. Axe me how I know. UW's real strength is in graduate school.

If you're looking at Santa Clara, you should consider other high-level small private colleges. Whitman is better, and harder to get into, than any school on your list. It's in the middle of fucking nowhere, the chicks aren't going to be hot and they're too fucking smart for their own good. But you'd get top drawer instruction and your classmates would make you smarter. There are less nerdy/goofy Whitmans out there, particularly back east, so you don't have to be limited.

Axe AZDuck. He went to Pomona. That's what you do if you can get in. If I had it to do over, I'd have gone to Whitman or its equivalent and saved UW for graduate school.
    Fuck Whitman I would never get in. Not going back east. I'm from the east coast and fucking hate it, can't smoke weed and talk shit in front of an officer fuck that!
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

Swaye said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

That's a pussy move.

Common application deadline's coming up, Sparky. branch out AZ from those catholic schools and find a school that will be both challenging and rewarding. Or go to UW, save some money on tuition and have a good football team to root for while you sit with three hundred other people in your freshman seminar.
    I applied early action for every school i applied to. I want to go to Santa Clara.
    Where all did you apply?
    He told us once before. Buncha Catholic schools. Gonzaga, Santa Clara, U San Diego, U Portland.

Rating your choices:

1. UW

2. Florida

3. Colorado State

4. Denver
    4a. Sandy Eggo

6. Santa Clara

7. cuog

8. zagfags

3. SD/Gonzaga
    4. CSU/WSU

Schools on the same rank = academically interchangeable, saving for some particular focus. For example, you'd go to UW for CS or engineering over any of those schools.

People will freak, but you'll get a higher quality undergrad education at Santa Clara than at the big schools. The bigs, like UW, get a lot of their rep. on shit that will have nothing to do with you or your undergraduate peers. Classes are Yuge first two years, at least. Axe me how I know. UW's real strength is in graduate school.

If you're looking at Santa Clara, you should consider other high-level small private colleges. Whitman is better, and harder to get into, than any school on your list. It's in the middle of fucking nowhere, the chicks aren't going to be hot and they're too fucking smart for their own good. But you'd get top drawer instruction and your classmates would make you smarter. There are less nerdy/goofy Whitmans out there, particularly back east, so you don't have to be limited.

Axe AZDuck. He went to Pomona. That's what you do if you can get in. If I had it to do over, I'd have gone to Whitman or its equivalent and saved UW for graduate school.
    Fuck Whitman I would never get in. Not going back east. I'm from the east coast and fucking hate it, can't smoke weed and talk shit in front of an officer fuck that!
    Well that settles that.
  • Options

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

Swaye said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

That's a pussy move.

Where all did you apply?

Rating your choices:

1. UW

2. Florida

3. Colorado State

4. Denver
    4a. Sandy Eggo

6. Santa Clara

7. cuog

8. zagfags

3. SD/Gonzaga
    4. CSU/WSU

You checked out UT? Really good public school, girls are unreal, good sports, incredible food, and Austin is (IMHO) the best city in the US.
  • Options
    ntxduck said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

Swaye said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

That's a pussy move.

Where all did you apply?

Rating your choices:

1. UW

2. Florida

3. Colorado State

4. Denver
    4a. Sandy Eggo

6. Santa Clara

7. cuog

8. zagfags

3. SD/Gonzaga
    4. CSU/WSU

You checked out UT? Really good public school, girls are unreal, good sports, incredible food, and Austin is (IMHO) the best city in the US. Texas
    FTFY to make it reasonable. I've been. Great town. It you put it in California it would be fungibe af with a 100 others.
  • Options
    ntxduck said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

Swaye said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

That's a pussy move.

Where all did you apply?

Rating your choices:

1. UW

2. Florida

3. Colorado State

4. Denver
    4a. Sandy Eggo

6. Santa Clara

7. cuog

8. zagfags

3. SD/Gonzaga
    4. CSU/WSU

You checked out UT? Really good public school, girls are unreal, good sports, incredible food, and Austin is (IMHO) the best city in the US.
    Probably wouldn't get in. Grades suck for certain reasons. Test scores in the top 99%.
  • Options

ntxduck said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

Swaye said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

That's a pussy move.

Where all did you apply?

Rating your choices:

1. UW

2. Florida

3. Colorado State

4. Denver
    4a. Sandy Eggo

6. Santa Clara

7. cuog

8. zagfags

3. SD/Gonzaga
    4. CSU/WSU

You checked out UT? Really good public school, girls are unreal, good sports, incredible food, and Austin is (IMHO) the best city in the US. Texas
    FTFY to make it reasonable. I've been. Great town. It you put it in California it would be fungibe af with a 100 others.
    From Texas (so I'm biased), but did undergrad in California, so I see that. I'm just partial to good BBQ and chicks in sundresses.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

ntxduck said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

Swaye said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

That's a pussy move.

Where all did you apply?

Rating your choices:

1. UW

2. Florida

3. Colorado State

4. Denver
    4a. Sandy Eggo

6. Santa Clara

7. cuog

8. zagfags

3. SD/Gonzaga
    4. CSU/WSU

Probably wouldn't get in. Grades suck for certain reasons. Test scores in the top 99%.
    ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

From someone who's dated a lot of USC girls, there is a huge drop-off from USC rich to "insert West Coast public school here" rich.
    Agreed.

I'm mainly making a point that one only needs wear a rubber with ugly chicks.
    Or no chicks.

EWIWBI
  • Options

ntxduck said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

Swaye said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

That's a pussy move.

Where all did you apply?

Rating your choices:

1. UW

2. Florida

3. Colorado State

4. Denver
    4a. Sandy Eggo

6. Santa Clara

7. cuog

8. zagfags

3. SD/Gonzaga
    4. CSU/WSU

Yeah, you want to stay away from the top publics. They'll focus more on GPA and class rank.

SC would like your test score and might Spring admit you. Texas is basically reserved for the Texas residents in the top 10% of their class (regardless of course rigor) and everyone else needs to be a lot better. They have all the money they need.

UW on the other hand still likes OOS kids who are full-pay.
  • Options

ntxduck said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

Swaye said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

That's a pussy move.

Where all did you apply?

Rating your choices:

1. UW

2. Florida

3. Colorado State

4. Denver
    4a. Sandy Eggo

6. Santa Clara

7. cuog

8. zagfags

3. SD/Gonzaga
    4. CSU/WSU

Yeah, you want to stay away from the top publics. They'll focus more on GPA and class rank.

SC would like your test score and might Spring admit you. Texas is basically reserved for the Texas residents in the top 10% of their class (regardless of course rigor) and everyone else needs to be a lot better. They have all the money they need.

ehh i still don't think I would get into SC.

3.34 gpa 1520 sat
  • Options

ntxduck said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

Swaye said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

That's a pussy move.

Where all did you apply?

Rating your choices:

1. UW

2. Florida

3. Colorado State

4. Denver
    4a. Sandy Eggo

6. Santa Clara

7. cuog

8. zagfags

3. SD/Gonzaga
    4. CSU/WSU

3.34 gpa 1520 sat
    You need to talk to someone my friend.. That 99th percentile score will move the needle at more places than you think. SC could be a real possibility. If your HS counselor sucks, and odds are he/she does, then hire someone. Like, for realz. I expect you to get into each school on your list, especially if you're not asking for financial aid. I'd broaden the list and I wouldn't be a pussy about the east coast either.
  • Options

ntxduck said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

Swaye said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

That's a pussy move.

Where all did you apply?

Rating your choices:

1. UW

2. Florida

3. Colorado State

4. Denver
    4a. Sandy Eggo

6. Santa Clara

7. cuog

8. zagfags

3. SD/Gonzaga
    4. CSU/WSU

3.34 gpa 1520 sat
    You need to talk to someone my friend.. That 99th percentile score will move the needle at more places than you think. SC could be a real possibility. If your HS counselor sucks, and odds are he/she does, then hire someone. Like, for realz. I expect you to get into each school on your list, especially if you're not asking for financial aid. I'd broaden the list and I wouldn't be a pussy about the east coast either.
    I hate the East Coast with a burning passion.
    ThoseGuysAreFags.Gif
  • Options

ntxduck said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

Swaye said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

That's a pussy move.

Where all did you apply?

Rating your choices:

1. UW

2. Florida

3. Colorado State

4. Denver
    4a. Sandy Eggo

6. Santa Clara

7. cuog

8. zagfags

3. SD/Gonzaga
    4. CSU/WSU

3.34 gpa 1520 sat
    If we are being honest I don't want to go to LA either. I might check out something like UM or something though.
  • Options

ntxduck said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

Swaye said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

That's a pussy move.

Where all did you apply?

Rating your choices:

1. UW

2. Florida

3. Colorado State

4. Denver
    4a. Sandy Eggo

6. Santa Clara

7. cuog

8. zagfags

3. SD/Gonzaga
    4. CSU/WSU

3.34 gpa 1520 sat
    If we are being honest I don't want to go to LA either. I might check out something like UM or something though.
    Michigan? Unless you live there, the problem, again, is that they'll focus on HS GPA and class rank. They don't care how you get it; they just want that in their stats because it's the only way they can compete with the top private schools in the ranking. THey'll never have the test score numbers because they have to admit too many people on "other" factors. I'm telling you; you need to talk to a pro. I hired one for each of my kids. You might not be able to get into Michigan or Texas, but you might get into a better school. Rice, for example, will pay attention to that test score. You may not get in, but someone will read your app. Texas, which is not as selective as Rice, will move your app to a different pile for OOS + not in the top 10% of his/her class and in that pile you'll need more help.

THere are people who really know all this shit, and none of them is on this bored. Don't just throw darts. Use that score. They're not easy to come by.
  • Options

ntxduck said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

Swaye said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

That's a pussy move.

Where all did you apply?

Rating your choices:

1. UW

2. Florida

3. Colorado State

4. Denver
    4a. Sandy Eggo

6. Santa Clara

7. cuog

8. zagfags

3. SD/Gonzaga
    4. CSU/WSU

3.34 gpa 1520 sat
    Michigan? Unless you live there, the problem, again, is that they'll focus on HS GPA and class rank. They don't care how you get it; they just want that in their stats because it's the only way they can compete with the top private schools in the ranking. THey'll never have the test score numbers because they have to admit too many people on "other" factors. I'm telling you; you need to talk to a pro. I hired one for each of my kids. You might not be able to get into Michigan or Texas, but you might get into a better school. Rice, for example, will pay attention to that test score. You may not get in, but someone will read your app. Texas, which is not as selective as Rice, will move your app to a different pile for OOS + not in the top 10% of his/her class and in that pile you'll need more help.

THere are people who really know all this shit, and none of them is on this bored. Don't just throw darts. Use that score. They're not easy to come by.
    No creep the Canes.
  • Options

ntxduck said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

Swaye said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

That's a pussy move.

Where all did you apply?

Rating your choices:

1. UW

2. Florida

3. Colorado State

4. Denver
    4a. Sandy Eggo

6. Santa Clara

7. cuog

8. zagfags

3. SD/Gonzaga
    4. CSU/WSU

3.34 gpa 1520 sat

Yeah my family can't afford one of those. I need financial aid.
  • Options

ntxduck said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

Swaye said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

That's a pussy move.

Where all did you apply?

Rating your choices:

1. UW

2. Florida

3. Colorado State

4. Denver
    4a. Sandy Eggo

6. Santa Clara

7. cuog

8. zagfags

3. SD/Gonzaga
    4. CSU/WSU

3.34 gpa 1520 sat

No creep the Canes.
    Oh. Still, use that score. With a good essay explaining the GPA, and the score, I think you can do better. Are you needing a lot of financial aid?
  • Options

ntxduck said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

Swaye said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

That's a pussy move.

Where all did you apply?

Rating your choices:

1. UW

2. Florida

3. Colorado State

4. Denver
    4a. Sandy Eggo

6. Santa Clara

7. cuog

8. zagfags

3. SD/Gonzaga
    4. CSU/WSU

3.34 gpa 1520 sat

No creep the Canes.
    Oh. Still, use that score. With a good essay explaining the GPA, and the score, I think you can do better. Are you needing a lot of financial aid?
    Posted this before seeing your other post. Is your HS counselor worth a shit?
  • Options

ntxduck said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

Swaye said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

That's a pussy move.

Where all did you apply?

Rating your choices:

1. UW

2. Florida

3. Colorado State

4. Denver
    4a. Sandy Eggo

6. Santa Clara

7. cuog

8. zagfags

3. SD/Gonzaga
    4. CSU/WSU

3.34 gpa 1520 sat

No creep the Canes.
    A decent amount.