Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Heads Up Deplorable Degenerates

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,746
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

ntxduck said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

Swaye said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

That's a pussy move.

fuck off skinny, you're going to Gonzaga
    LIPO. You went to Oregon.
    That's true, I did. for grad school. Undergrad I went somewhere else.

Someplace a lot fucking better than Gonzaga
    I haven't even committed to a school yet?

Common application deadline's coming up, Sparky. branch out AZ from those catholic schools and find a school that will be both challenging and rewarding. Or go to UW, save some money on tuition and have a good football team to root for while you sit with three hundred other people in your freshman seminar.
    I applied early action for every school i applied to. I want to go to Santa Clara.
    Where all did you apply?
    He told us once before. Buncha Catholic schools. Gonzaga, Santa Clara, U San Diego, U Portland.

Pretty much the whole WCC.

It's like he wants to get diddled.
    Colorado State, Gonzaga, San Diego, Santa Clara, UW, Wazzu, Denver, and Florida
    Rating your choices:

1. UW

2. Florida

3. Colorado State

4. Denver
    4a. Sandy Eggo

6. Santa Clara

7. cuog

8. zagfags
    If we're going strictly w/ academis, it goes like this:

1. UW/Florida/Santa Clara
    2. Denver (arguably in the first tier)
    3. SD/Gonzaga
    4. CSU/WSU

Schools on the same rank = academically interchangeable, saving for some particular focus. For example, you'd go to UW for CS or engineering over any of those schools.

People will freak, but you'll get a higher quality undergrad education at Santa Clara than at the big schools. The bigs, like UW, get a lot of their rep. on shit that will have nothing to do with you or your undergraduate peers. Classes are Yuge first two years, at least. Axe me how I know. UW's real strength is in graduate school.

If you're looking at Santa Clara, you should consider other high-level small private colleges. Whitman is better, and harder to get into, than any school on your list. It's in the middle of fucking nowhere, the chicks aren't going to be hot and they're too fucking smart for their own good. But you'd get top drawer instruction and your classmates would make you smarter. There are less nerdy/goofy Whitmans out there, particularly back east, so you don't have to be limited.

Axe AZDuck. He went to Pomona. That's what you do if you can get in. If I had it to do over, I'd have gone to Whitman or its equivalent and saved UW for graduate school.
    Fuck Whitman I would never get in. Not going back east. I'm from the east coast and fucking hate it, can't smoke weed and talk shit in front of an officer fuck that!
    You checked out UT? Really good public school, girls are unreal, good sports, incredible food, and Austin is (IMHO) the best city in the US.
    Probably wouldn't get in. Grades suck for certain reasons. Test scores in the top 99%.
    Yeah, you want to stay away from the top publics. They'll focus more on GPA and class rank.

SC would like your test score and might Spring admit you. Texas is basically reserved for the Texas residents in the top 10% of their class (regardless of course rigor) and everyone else needs to be a lot better. They have all the money they need.

UW on the other hand still likes OOS kids who are full-pay.
    ehh i still don't think I would get into SC.

3.34 gpa 1520 sat
    You need to talk to someone my friend.. That 99th percentile score will move the needle at more places than you think. SC could be a real possibility. If your HS counselor sucks, and odds are he/she does, then hire someone. Like, for realz. I expect you to get into each school on your list, especially if you're not asking for financial aid. I'd broaden the list and I wouldn't be a pussy about the east coast either.
    If we are being honest I don't want to go to LA either. I might check out something like UM or something though.
    Michigan? Unless you live there, the problem, again, is that they'll focus on HS GPA and class rank. They don't care how you get it; they just want that in their stats because it's the only way they can compete with the top private schools in the ranking. THey'll never have the test score numbers because they have to admit too many people on "other" factors. I'm telling you; you need to talk to a pro. I hired one for each of my kids. You might not be able to get into Michigan or Texas, but you might get into a better school. Rice, for example, will pay attention to that test score. You may not get in, but someone will read your app. Texas, which is not as selective as Rice, will move your app to a different pile for OOS + not in the top 10% of his/her class and in that pile you'll need more help.

THere are people who really know all this shit, and none of them is on this bored. Don't just throw darts. Use that score. They're not easy to come by.
    No creep the Canes.
    Oh. Still, use that score. With a good essay explaining the GPA, and the score, I think you can do better. Are you needing a lot of financial aid?
    A decent amount.
    Where do you live? Good news is, with that score, even if you go set a building on fire, you won't have to be CUOG!!!!! (Sorry bro' Salem)
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

ntxduck said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

Swaye said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

That's a pussy move.

fuck off skinny, you're going to Gonzaga
    LIPO. You went to Oregon.
    That's true, I did. for grad school. Undergrad I went somewhere else.

Someplace a lot fucking better than Gonzaga
    I haven't even committed to a school yet?

Common application deadline's coming up, Sparky. branch out AZ from those catholic schools and find a school that will be both challenging and rewarding. Or go to UW, save some money on tuition and have a good football team to root for while you sit with three hundred other people in your freshman seminar.
    I applied early action for every school i applied to. I want to go to Santa Clara.
    Where all did you apply?
    He told us once before. Buncha Catholic schools. Gonzaga, Santa Clara, U San Diego, U Portland.

Pretty much the whole WCC.

It's like he wants to get diddled.
    Colorado State, Gonzaga, San Diego, Santa Clara, UW, Wazzu, Denver, and Florida
    Rating your choices:

1. UW

2. Florida

3. Colorado State

4. Denver
    4a. Sandy Eggo

6. Santa Clara

7. cuog

8. zagfags
    If we're going strictly w/ academis, it goes like this:

1. UW/Florida/Santa Clara
    2. Denver (arguably in the first tier)
    3. SD/Gonzaga
    4. CSU/WSU

Schools on the same rank = academically interchangeable, saving for some particular focus. For example, you'd go to UW for CS or engineering over any of those schools.

People will freak, but you'll get a higher quality undergrad education at Santa Clara than at the big schools. The bigs, like UW, get a lot of their rep. on shit that will have nothing to do with you or your undergraduate peers. Classes are Yuge first two years, at least. Axe me how I know. UW's real strength is in graduate school.

If you're looking at Santa Clara, you should consider other high-level small private colleges. Whitman is better, and harder to get into, than any school on your list. It's in the middle of fucking nowhere, the chicks aren't going to be hot and they're too fucking smart for their own good. But you'd get top drawer instruction and your classmates would make you smarter. There are less nerdy/goofy Whitmans out there, particularly back east, so you don't have to be limited.

Axe AZDuck. He went to Pomona. That's what you do if you can get in. If I had it to do over, I'd have gone to Whitman or its equivalent and saved UW for graduate school.
    Fuck Whitman I would never get in. Not going back east. I'm from the east coast and fucking hate it, can't smoke weed and talk shit in front of an officer fuck that!
    You checked out UT? Really good public school, girls are unreal, good sports, incredible food, and Austin is (IMHO) the best city in the US.
    Probably wouldn't get in. Grades suck for certain reasons. Test scores in the top 99%.
    Yeah, you want to stay away from the top publics. They'll focus more on GPA and class rank.

SC would like your test score and might Spring admit you. Texas is basically reserved for the Texas residents in the top 10% of their class (regardless of course rigor) and everyone else needs to be a lot better. They have all the money they need.

UW on the other hand still likes OOS kids who are full-pay.
    ehh i still don't think I would get into SC.

3.34 gpa 1520 sat
    You need to talk to someone my friend.. That 99th percentile score will move the needle at more places than you think. SC could be a real possibility. If your HS counselor sucks, and odds are he/she does, then hire someone. Like, for realz. I expect you to get into each school on your list, especially if you're not asking for financial aid. I'd broaden the list and I wouldn't be a pussy about the east coast either.
    If we are being honest I don't want to go to LA either. I might check out something like UM or something though.
    Michigan? Unless you live there, the problem, again, is that they'll focus on HS GPA and class rank. They don't care how you get it; they just want that in their stats because it's the only way they can compete with the top private schools in the ranking. THey'll never have the test score numbers because they have to admit too many people on "other" factors. I'm telling you; you need to talk to a pro. I hired one for each of my kids. You might not be able to get into Michigan or Texas, but you might get into a better school. Rice, for example, will pay attention to that test score. You may not get in, but someone will read your app. Texas, which is not as selective as Rice, will move your app to a different pile for OOS + not in the top 10% of his/her class and in that pile you'll need more help.

THere are people who really know all this shit, and none of them is on this bored. Don't just throw darts. Use that score. They're not easy to come by.
    No creep the Canes.
    Oh. Still, use that score. With a good essay explaining the GPA, and the score, I think you can do better. Are you needing a lot of financial aid?
    A decent amount.
    Where do you live? Good news is, with that score, even if you go set a building on fire, you won't have to be CUOG!!!!! (Sorry bro' Salem)
    Seattle area
  • Options
    Ehh I took a few AP's.
  • Options

Ehh I took a few AP's.

Well, my parting advice on this is, the application fee may seem like a lot, but relative to what you're doing it's not.

Take a flyer on Whitman. It's a really good school.
  • Options

Ehh I took a few AP's.
    Well, my parting advice on this is, the application fee may seem like a lot, but relative to what you're doing it's not.

Bum fuck Walla Walla though.
  • Options

Ehh I took a few AP's.

Eh, yeah. A lot of the really good LACs are in bum fuck places. Middelbury isn't exactly metropolitan. Ever been to Hanover?

Whitman will set you up well for graduate school. Those kids do well and they have a very strong alumni network in Seattle.
  • Options

Ehh I took a few AP's.

Eh, yeah. A lot of the really good LACs are in bum fuck places. Middelbury isn't exactly metropolitan. Ever been to Hanover?

Whitman will set you up well for graduate school. Those kids do well and they have a very strong alumni network in Seattle.

Fuck it. I'll give it a shot.
  • Options

Ehh I took a few AP's.

Fuck it. I'll give it a shot.

Yeah, why the fuck not.
  • Options
    Derek!!!!! The quote thingy is broken again!@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,952
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Ehh I took a few AP's.

Get a 5 on every AP test you ever took and then pop off smart guy.
  • Options

Ehh I took a few AP's.
    I will faggot. Try getting a 100% in AP Stats for an entire year and then pop off.

• Options

Ehh I took a few AP's.
    I will faggot. Try getting a 100% in AP Stats for an entire year and then pop off.

Try graduating from Weatherwax High School and successfully tie your shoes every day and then pop off.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,952
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Ehh I took a few AP's.

AP Stats is for fags. Back in my day, I would pound little (high SAT score) turds like you into oblivion on the AP US History, Euro, and Government exams (5's across the bored). Put me in a non-social studies AP course, however, and no bueno. Did get me a full quarter ahead at UW which came in nice senior year.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2017

AP Stats is for fags. Back in my day, I would pound little (high SAT score) turds like you into oblivion on the AP US History, Euro, and Government exams (5's across the bored). Put me in a non-social studies AP course, however, and no bueno. Did get me a full quarter ahead at UW which came in nice senior year.

I am 6'5" 260 lbs. Former Army Ranger and college basketball player. You really don't want any in real life. You are little more than a cowardly pussy.
  • Options

I am 6'5" 260 lbs. Former Army Ranger and college basketball player. You really don't want any in real life. You are little more than a cowardly pussy.
    It's gotten to the point where I can't keep track of these anymore.
  • Options

I am 6'6" 210 lb. Former college row boater and fly fishing guide. I'm kind of a pussy but enough of the laws of physics are on my side that I'm sure I could whip 81% of you guys on any given day.
    I'll UW rowboat over 260 lbs. because, let's face it, 260 moves slow af.
  • Options

I am 6'6" 210 lb. Former college row boater and fly fishing guide. I'm kind of a pussy but enough of the laws of physics are on my side that I'm sure I could whip 81% of you guys on any given day.
    Haha nerd!1!!!
  • Options

Ehh I took a few AP's.

I'm lazy as fuck, not surprised you probably would.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    edited December 2017
    I was able to sham sham shammy sham my way into Pomona with top 20% GPA and top 1% SAT.

The thing is, a good essay goes a long, long way. I guess kids now are filming videos and doing all kinds of shit. Only do that sort of thing if you have a good schtick. Fly out to Virginia and pretend that @Marsupial_Guernica was your work maybe.

The cooger is giving good advice. I would also say that remember that college is only 4 years. Seems like a long time now, but 4 years will be the blink of an eye by the end of your twenties. Moral of that story is - you can go East to get a good degree, and come back West for grad school or job, because we're all insecure out West. I went to Pomona and not Dartmouth or Amherst because I didn't want to live in the snowy tundra of New England. At times I wonder if I gave something up what with the greater name recognition and snob-ties of those schools. Of course, I'd be an even more insufferable prick if I had.

Probably be even gayer, too.