Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Proof Smiff was distracted before the ASU disaster

whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,708 Swaye's Wigwam
Smith admitted that he wondered if a return to Corvallis might be in the offing following Andersen's resignation.

"I was very surprised with Gary. I've met Gary a couple of times. I think very highly of him," Smith said. "But when that took place, it did cross my mind, 'Maybe this is the time to do this and go after it."
Source: http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21622108/oregon-state-beavers-introduce-jonathan-smith-introduced-head-coach

Nothing surprising but proof he was thinking about going to OSU instead of game planning against ASU.

Comments

• LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,300
    in his presser video he said something about putting together a plan/pitch to OSU for the job right away. which with the timeline would mean leading up to the ASU game.

fucker

but petersen had to know about it, and should have anticipated the distraction. curious how much the team knew and if that put us in a rut.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852

Not distracted, just a dipshit. This is an actual PM I sent to @Swaye August of last year. Yes, I LEARNED HOW TO SEND A PM. HAHAHA!

"I don't know... Jonathan Smith is a fuckface. I think he's going to fuck up at least 2 games for the Huskies by not running the damn ball enough times.

Pete should have gotten rid of him. I lost a lot of faith in him for keeping Smith around.

Anyway, it's just a game played by a bunch of kids. I have bigger fish to fry."

I'll believe it when I see it.
    Untitled
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729

Not distracted, just a dipshit. This is an actual PM I sent to @Swaye August of last year. Yes, I LEARNED HOW TO SEND A PM. HAHAHA!

"I don't know... Jonathan Smith is a fuckface. I think he's going to fuck up at least 2 games for the Huskies by not running the damn ball enough times.

Pete should have gotten rid of him. I lost a lot of faith in him for keeping Smith around.

Untitled
    34 rushing attempts my ass. 1/2 of those are Jake running around shitting himself
  • phineasphineas Member Posts: 4,732
    Is it really that hard to admit asu/Graham just had UWs number? Especially in the desert.

Im 99% sure theyre going to continue to have UWs number. Just like Seattle vs The Rams. A game I'd rather avoid at all costs even when they're absolute shit.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,664 Standard Supporter
    Showing Stats from a 2015 game proves it. I would have used the stats from the 1999 ASU game. When Smiff was OSU's QB
  • SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,961 Founders Club

Untitled
    547 yards to the tune of 17 points. That's embarassing.