Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Vol fans convinced Petersen is heading to Tennessee

Comments

• Options
    VolnationrepVolnationrep Member Posts: 2
    5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Comment
    dnc said:

I'm going to first go out on a limb and say you're either in your early 20s or just poorly educated based off your choice of grammar and your lack of knowledge in general.
    Tennessee went 13-0 and beat FSU for the first BCS title in 98, the year after Manning with a QB named Tee Martin. Tennessee is also the 2nd most profitable program in the country only behind Texas due in large part to it being a national brand unlike Washington in which is a regional brand. Tennessee, Knoxville in general is one of the fastest growing regions in the country. Tennessee is a wonderful place to live and I hate to tell you but Chris Petersen does have ties here.
    Like it our not, Currie was in Seattle last Tuesday and he was not at UTs game vs Vandy last night. Currie was in Seattle again yesterday and is set to return sometime this morning. Chris Petersen will be announced as the new coach at UT this afternoon.
    But I wish you all the best, do yourself a favor and work on cleaning up your language and personal attacks it makes you look so small.

Hi @OZONE!
    Ok, what does that mean?
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,999
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

dnc said:

I'm going to first go out on a limb and say you're either in your early 20s or just poorly educated based off your choice of grammar and your lack of knowledge in general.
    Tennessee went 13-0 and beat FSU for the first BCS title in 98, the year after Manning with a QB named Tee Martin. Tennessee is also the 2nd most profitable program in the country only behind Texas due in large part to it being a national brand unlike Washington in which is a regional brand. Tennessee, Knoxville in general is one of the fastest growing regions in the country. Tennessee is a wonderful place to live and I hate to tell you but Chris Petersen does have ties here.
    Like it our not, Currie was in Seattle last Tuesday and he was not at UTs game vs Vandy last night. Currie was in Seattle again yesterday and is set to return sometime this morning. Chris Petersen will be announced as the new coach at UT this afternoon.
    But I wish you all the best, do yourself a favor and work on cleaning up your language and personal attacks it makes you look so small.

Hi @OZONE!
    Ok, what does that mean?
    He's an obnoxious Duck fan that hangs out here.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

dnc said:

Hi @OZONE!
    Ok, what does that mean?
    He's an obnoxious Duck fan that hangs out here.
    More like obnoxious cuck...
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,265
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Gladstone said:

ERvolsfan

Tennessee went 13-0 and beat FSU for the first BCS title in 98, the year after Manning with a QB named Tee Martin.

imageimage

Don't forget my favorite Martin!

Too bad he made a career catching those nasty green ditch pickles.....
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,265
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    imageimage

My favorite Martin. Too bad he chased those nasty green Ditch Pickles
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Woke up with a wicked Apple Cup victory hangover which would explain why I was playing fast and loose with the facts last night and bashing Tennessee however most of my points still stand. I will say that I love Nashville however last time I checked that is not where Tennessee is located.

1) Tennessee has 76.3% acceptance rate. It is not a respected academic institution. I would be hesitant to call out the education level of someone else if I were an alumni of UT but hey knock yourself out. That's just as delusional as thinking you are still a national brand but whatever.

2) You did win a National Championship after Peyton Manning, that's my mistake. My apologies for forgetting a Natty from almost two decades ago. That doesn't change the fact that you haven't been a relevant member of college football for at least a decade.

3) Vol fans may have missed my point (which was not very eloquent) about money. Yes your athletic program makes more money than ours. However UW's endowment is almost twice that of UT's, UW has mega rich boosters that love Chris Petersen and a fan base that adores him, if we didn't lose him to Texas or USC we are certainly are not going to lose him
    to Tennessee. We can match any offer you make. Also the point about Tennessee being objectively a much poorer state still stands. Median house hold income is 42nd in the country versus 9th for Washington.

4) Tennessee is not a national program. At least not anymore. No one west of the Rockies even thinks about UT. Alabama, Georgia, Auburn, LSU, Florida sure. Tennessee nationally is about as well respected currently as the University of South Carolina.

5) Knoxville is one of the fastest growing regions in the country! You don't say! People in Seattle wouldn't know anything about being the fastest growing city in the country and one of the most desirable places to live in the United States (if you can afford it).

6) I hate to tell you that Chris P has pretty significant ties to Seattle outside you know of just living here and coaching Washington. His father was born here and grew up a Husky fan.

7) Currie was in Seattle last night. However you know who else was in Seattle and a much more plausible hire than Chris P? Mike Leach. His post game presser didn't do much at least in my eyes to dissuade that he could be going to UT. He spent a lot of it complaining about how WSU will never be able to recruit to UW's talent level. Well guess where he could recruit at a competitive level? Tennessee. Texas Tech and Wazzu are never going to attract top end talent on a consistent basis, I am sure he is intrigued by Tennessee for that reason alone.

Enjoy being second fiddle in your own state to the powerhouse of Vanderbilt and enjoy whoever you get as a head coach. But it sure as hell won't be Chris Petersen.

BOOM!
  • Options
    Huskies6424Huskies6424 Member Posts: 5
    First Comment Name Dropper

Hey @Huskies6424 say something you Vol bitch

• Options
    Huskies6424Huskies6424 Member Posts: 5
    First Comment Name Dropper
    I have always heard that stats hurt west coasters feelings