Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Chip to ucla ? well, fuck . . .

13»

Comments

• Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

College football is different now. Defenses have adjusted. Am I the only one that thinks he’s going to be mediocre?

Its not just about Chip's offensive system which may be slightly less effective than when he was at 0regon due to teams being more familiar with how to slow it down some.

It's about Chip's entire portfolio. From how he runs practices to how he does strength and conditioning, etc.

Chip may not win ten every year but he could easily do nine.

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Well aware of all the points you made you fucktard ...

I doubt you're well aware of anything Corky

Head coaches are generally closers in recruiting ... when talking about a HC and recruiting it's the emphasis that 1) he has for building a staff of recruiters and 2) how willing he is for his recruiters to use coffee cups and the like

All those words and you didn't manage a cogent resonse to my response to your dumb point

As for being a tremendous coach, the NFL showed that he's not quite the genius that everybody thought he was. I'm not convinced that he's an elite coach going forward in college. He ran an offensive system that was revolutionary ... now many use some version of that offense and it's no longer unique.

Nick Saban and Steve Spurrier say hello.

HCs who innovate have a higher likelihood of being able to adapt. And it was more than an offensive system and blocking scheme. It was running the whole show. Otherwise he's just an OC. But you know that right?

How good of a coach he is will be determined to how he adjusts back to college and if he can find a way to differentiate his teams going forward ... particularly with any new offensive innovation.

In other news, if I decide to go swimming today I'll get wet.

The thing that makes you particularly hard to take is that you post with such an arrogance as if you actually were some objective non-doog who has great insight, when in fact you're a fucking idiot who never makes any sense and then PMs people in a shit fit when you get called out on it. Jus thump off the bridge already doogie howser.

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    EwaDawg said:

College football is different now. Defenses have adjusted. Am I the only one that thinks he’s going to be mediocre?

Its not just about Chip's offensive system which may be slightly less effective than when he was at 0regon due to teams being more familiar with how to slow it down some.

It's about Chip's entire portfolio. From how he runs practices to how he does strength and conditioning, etc.

Chip may not win ten every year but he could easily do nine.

Exactly. Otherwise we're just talking an offensive coordinator. You don't win as much as he did at Oregon by being a one trick show.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I don’t think he will have the same success as he did at Oregon. He will have years where he is in contention for PAC-12 titles and CFP berths.

All that being said Jake Browning sucks.
  • Options
    RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    I just hope he beats fucking USC every year. That will make me very happy.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,486
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I don’t think he will have the same success as he did at Oregon. He will have years where he is in contention for PAC-12 titles and CFP berths.

All that being said Jake Browning sucks.
    With Helton at SC I think he’s going to rape the loaded South now.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,836
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Chimp is pretty smart for a football coach. Most are high school gym teachers who got promoted. He will do well. It's good for the Pac 12. Schools will need to up their game, though most won't.
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Tequila having an absolute holocaust on here.