Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Chip to ucla ? well, fuck . . .

Comments

• Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

But seriously

We're fucked. All of us

Agree.
    Who the fuck are you?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

This hire is so interesting to me ...

I'm a bit shocked that UCLA would hire a guy that had a show cause to his name ... they usually put their cheating efforts into basketball ...

Going from Phil Knight's backed coffers with Nike to the pond scum that Adidas has been as of late is also very, very interesting.

No question that he'll recruit well and whatnot ... but at least offensively by and large I don't think we recruit the same player for the most part.

Who he hires as his assistants will be very interesting. If Helfrich is/was our backup plan as OC we likely need to make that move quickly. Could also see Chip going after Jimmy Lake to be his DC.

I never even considered how interesting it’s going to be to see an adidas logo on his jacket instead of a Nike logo.

FUCK
    It isn't about the logo fucktard ... it's about who's funneling his shady recruiting
  • Options
    edited November 2017

Tequilla said:

I'm a bit shocked that UCLA would hire a guy that had a show cause to his name ... they usually put their cheating efforts into basketball ...

Going from Phil Knight's backed coffers with Nike to the pond scum that Adidas has been as of late is also very, very interesting.

No question that he'll recruit well and whatnot ... but at least offensively by and large I don't think we recruit the same player for the most part.

Who he hires as his assistants will be very interesting. If Helfrich is/was our backup plan as OC we likely need to make that move quickly. Could also see Chip going after Jimmy Lake to be his DC.

Sometimes I wonder if you're legitimately, actually, retarded. Like, every single thing you wrote in this poast is just krisvashon fs. Even the recruiting point you make is fs ... (1) UCLA always recruits well, so Kelly is no differentiator there, and (2) in fact he has a huge reputation for hating recruiting and in fact is not very good at it. The assistants at Oregon were the big recruiters. He has an aversion to it because he's a weird awkward fuck.

The issue with Kelly is that the guy can coach. Period. The rest is irrelevant stupidity.

I'm in a shitty mood today.
    Well aware of all the points you made you fucktard ...

Head coaches are generally closers in recruiting ... when talking about a HC and recruiting it's the emphasis that 1) he has for building a staff of recruiters and 2) how willing he is for his recruiters to use coffee cups and the like

As for being a tremendous coach, the NFL showed that he's not quite the genius that everybody thought he was. I'm not convinced that he's an elite coach going forward in college. He ran an offensive system that was revolutionary ... now many use some version of that offense and it's no longer unique.

How good of a coach he is will be determined to how he adjusts back to college and if he can find a way to differentiate his teams going forward ... particularly with any new offensive innovation.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I never even considered how interesting it’s going to be to see an adidas logo on his jacket instead of a Nike logo.

FUCK
    It isn't about the logo fucktard ... it's about who's funneling his shady recruiting
    Doog.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

FUCK
    Doog.
    FUCK OFF

That has nothing to do with being a Doog ...

The fucker had a show cause penalty ...

Do you realize how dirty (and blatant about it) you have to be in the recruiting game to earn one of those from the asleep at the wheel NCAA?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    chip strikes me as the type that might have 1 or 2 sexual assault brewing against him at UCLA caz UCLA dosent do porking lots like oregon
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

FUCK
    DOOG POST OF THE WEEK!
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,324
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Under Armour says hi
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2017
    No question chip can coach college football.

What will be chinteresting to see is how he manages at a school that is less dedicated to football. At oregon everyone from the AD (Moos) to the administration to Uncle phil and even the oregon highway patrol were singularly focused on making oregon a strong football program.

ucla?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Passion said:

No question chip can coach college football.

What will be chinteresting to see is how he manages at a school that is less dedicated to football. At Oregon everyone from the AD (Moos) to the administration to Uncle phil and even the oregon highway patrol were singularly focused on making oregon a strong football program.

ucla?

I think now that Ucla has $280 million reasons with the Under Armour contract, they are serious about football.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,486
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla is super gaye TOTD
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    College football is different now. Defenses have adjusted. Am I the only one that thinks he’s going to be mediocre?
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

College football is different now. Defenses have adjusted. Am I the only one that thinks he’s going to be mediocre?

No. I expect more Spurrier than Saban. Solid, not CFP level
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I think Chip Kelly will kick ass at Ucla. He's meant for college football. The guy is a first class asshole who doesn't give a shit what anyone thinks of him. My kind of coach. He's a fucking football savant, and he'll own LA immediately. May take a couple years, but he'll probably own the Pac-12 again, too.

It will be interesting to see what happens. Or it won't.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    LOL at butt hurt quooks pretending Chip is a one-trick pony and not one of the brightest minds in the business who just spent a year scouting every NCAA team while at his ESPN gig.