Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Fuck you Tom Hansen...and you too Larry

No way a 10-2 pac12 team should be playing on dec 27th vs a 10th place big12 team... thats where UW will be playing if they win Saturday.

Tom Hansen set the pac10 back into the ice ages in the 80's -early 90's, and Larry Scott has kept them there since.

Puppy railed on Tom till he was blue in the face over his ignorant, narrow-minded bowl agreements for the pac 10 way back then, and hasnt stopped since. Listen to what this buttfuckered original Stalin said back then. "The pac10 has no interest in playing on Jan 1st in east coast bowl games...our fans wont travel that far.. and we have a strong relationship with the Sun, Holiday bowls and our fans truly enjoy those trips" etc... he said that , no shit!!

The fucking Holiday bowl was the pac10 runner up bowl for years...vs a big12 #4 or 5 somewhere around dec 27-29 (excuse the exaggeration)... You fucking kidding me? Now Larry Scott fucked the Pac12 and its exposure by sending its runner up to San Antonio for a domed basketball arena game vs an unmotivated #3 big12 team. Way to go Larry.

Listen Larry, EVERYONE FUCKING HATES the pac 12 bowl tie-ins. Break away from the Thomas Hansen model and fight for fair conference exposure. People will travel to the east coast for a sunny game on GRASS, vs an SEC team, an ACC team. Exposure does matter for recruiting. Fans are sick of 30° games on astro turf in el paso, Domed games on the faggy San Antone boardwalk, a cactus vs a #9 big12 team. There are 5 conferences...im sick of playing the big12...the occasional big10 opponent.

Im sure most of the new-fish millennials here who dominate this joint dont get it or dont care, as you've never traveled to a UW game, but im sick of it as much today as i was 25 years ago. Fuck man we played Florida in the late 80's. Last time we played an SEC team in a bowl game sans the playoff. Bowl games are a joke anyway, but how about a little variety.

Comments

• PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,707 Founders Club
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    I didn't realize pumpy was a landscaper
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    I like the the pac-12 tie-ins

Pumpy wrong again
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,545 Founders Club

No way a 10-2 pac12 team should be playing on dec 27th vs a 10th place big12 team... thats where UW will be playing if they win Saturday.

Tom Hansen set the pac10 back into the ice ages in the 80's -early 90's, and Larry Scott has kept them there since.

Puppy railed on Tom till he was blue in the face over his ignorant, narrow-minded bowl agreements for the pac 10 way back then, and hasnt stopped since. Listen to what this buttfuckered original Stalin said back then. "The pac10 has no interest in playing on Jan 1st in east coast bowl games...our fans wont travel that far.. and we have a strong relationship with the Sun, Holiday bowls and our fans truly enjoy those trips" etc... he said that , no shit!!

The fucking Holiday bowl was the pac10 runner up bowl for years...vs a big12 #4 or 5 somewhere around dec 27-29 (excuse the exaggeration)... You fucking kidding me? Now Larry Scott fucked the Pac12 and its exposure by sending its runner up to San Antonio for a domed basketball arena game vs an unmotivated #3 big12 team. Way to go Larry.

Listen Larry, EVERYONE FUCKING HATES the pac 12 bowl tie-ins. Break away from the Thomas Hansen model and fight for fair conference exposure. People will travel to the east coast for a sunny game on GRASS, vs an SEC team, an ACC team. Exposure does matter for recruiting. Fans are sick of 30° games on astro turf in el paso, Domed games on the faggy San Antone boardwalk, a cactus vs a #9 big12 team. There are 5 conferences...im sick of playing the big12...the occasional big10 opponent.

Im sure most of the new-fish millennials here who dominate this joint dont get it or dont care, as you've never traveled to a UW game, but im sick of it as much today as i was 25 years ago. Fuck man we played Florida in the late 80's. Last time we played an SEC team in a bowl game sans the playoff. Bowl games are a joke anyway, but how about a little variety.

Welcome back.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,575
    Pac 12 fans don't sell out their own stadiums...and they definitely don't travel to bowl games. We have the bowl arrangements we deserve, based on how many tickets our schools sell and how many people show up.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    ntxduck said:

Pac 12 fans don't sell out their own stadiums...and they definitely don't travel to bowl games. We have the bowl arrangements we deserve, based on how many tickets our schools sell and how many people show up.

Pac12 fans show up to stadiums of teams that win. Oregon and UW for instance travel wherever their teams go when winning.

The Hansen effect has changed that as fans hate el paso and San Antonio. Kinda my point dipshit.
    doogie said:

I like the the pac-12 tie-ins

Pumpy wrong again

Of course you do.. you"ve never traveled...another point i made. You starting to understand my post?
    edited November 2017
    ntxduck said:

• ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,575

ntxduck said:

Pac12 fans show up to stadiums of teams that win. Oregon and UW for instance travel wherever their teams go when winning.

The Hansen effect has changed that as fans hate el paso and San Antonio. Kinda my point dipshit.
    Oregon and UW fans do not travel well for bowls, even when winning. I've been to enough bowl games for both schools where the opposing teams have 4x as many fans. And those are usually west coast bowls, too.

What tie-ins are there that we currently don't have? One of the Florida NYD bowls? The reason the Big 10 has those even though they suck is because they know 40,000 Iowa fans will travel to Tampa for the Outback Bowl every year Iowa is in it. Oregon and UW would each bring 10-15k when in that game. And if it was Stanford/UCLA/Zona??? Yikes. Maybe 5k, tops.
  • TheDawgFan1227TheDawgFan1227 Member Posts: 335
  • Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,974
    I'm just glad we made a bowl game. Those 15 extra practices will really make next year's team a lot better.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    Puppy moving goalposts again
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,916 Founders Club
    Here's the PAC12 bowl line up for this year. Everything after the Holiday bowl sucks.

The PAC12 isn't going to get a regular bowl tie-in for something in Florida. If Larry Hansen had a set of balls, he'd work to move the Alamo or Holiday (or both) to New Year's Day. There's something prestigious about playing on January 1st and that perception is still alive for now.

http://collegefootballnews.com/2017/01/college-football-bowl-ties-affiliations-conference-2017-2018

The Rose Bowl is a College Football Playoff semifinal – there’s no rule that the Pac-12 gets a team in this season.

1. Valero Alamo Bowl vs. Big 12
    2. National University Holiday Bowl vs. Big Ten
    3. Foster Farms Bowl vs. Big Ten
    4. Hyundai Sun Bowl vs. ACC
    5. Las Vegas Bowl vs. Mountain West
    6. Motel 6 Cactus Bowl vs. Big 12