Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

KirkD IFS- Doog Post Of the Day

2»

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

So by the time I'm 75, they might have a good team. I will be a blue hair then and might punch a duck in the face and run off quacking like a duck.

• TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389

And look how they got there - showing patience in Brooks and then Belloti paid off. Not saying this is the only forward, but there are lessons that can be learned. Oregon didn't get to be elite overnight.

You can't even make this shit up anymore...

Brooks certainly didn't climb any mountains as a football coach after he took the ducks to the Rose Bowl and left Eugene for greener pastures elsewhere. One wonders now what would have happened to Brooks and by extension Bellotti had Don James not resigned before the 1993 season and stuck around as UW coach for another ten years before retiring only after a new AD was hired to replace the utterly worthless Hedges. Were Brooks and Bellotti simply lucky that Husky Football cratered when it did...... or what?

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,107 Founders Club
    Don James doesn't throw A FUCKING OUT PASS ON FIRST AND FUCKING GOAL!!!!111!!!!!
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Let's see, Nip ran for 5.5 yards per carry while Damon completed 55% of his passes?

I think I know which way I go when I have 4 plays from inside the 10 to win the game.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389

Don James doesn't throw A FUCKING OUT PASS ON FIRST AND FUCKING GOAL!!!!111!!!!!

Just as importantly, DJ would have run Nip a couple times on sweeps inside the red zone to at least keep the duck CB's honest if not run it all the way through the back of the endzone....... which Nip showed us a few times he could do. I was there watching that final drive in amazement that for 14 plays run, not one was a running play. After The Pick, I think we all understood that it wasn't the Dwagfather on the sideline managing that disaster for us. Halfbright's Palousian OC calling the plays likely never had a RB who could run sweeps like Kauffman and I'm certain had him in the backfield to protect Huard as a pass-protection blocker which Nip was excellent at as well. Also, we tend to forget that after the Huskies went ahead with a late score, Halfbright's leaky prevent defense allowed the ducks to go 98 or 97 yards for a TD in I think three plays, thus setting up the final Huard Wants To throw long drive which ended with The Legendary Pick. That game ending scenario would never have happened with the Dawgfather on the sideline and his defense on the field.

• For being a "great" defensive coach Lambright when he was a head coach his defenses had a bad habit of giving up the tying/winning score in the 4th quarter.

Even though he won the game I still remember UW blowing a 24-0 lead in the 4th quarter against WSU in 1996 to hang on in overtime.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,065 Standard Supporter
    it never really was his defense. James himself admitted that is where he spent most of his time.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited November 2013

For being a "great" defensive coach Lambright when he was a head coach his defenses had a bad habit of giving up the tying/winning score in the 4th quarter.

Even though he won the game I still remember UW blowing a 24-0 lead in the 4th quarter against WSU in 1996 to hang on in overtime.

I remember that. I was a little kid freezing my little nuts off at that one.

• For being a "great" defensive coach Lambright when he was a head coach his defenses had a bad habit of giving up the tying/winning score in the 4th quarter.

I remember that. I was a little kid freezing my little nuts off at that one.

Those Lambo defenses in 1996-1997 remind me of Wilcox defenses in 2012-2013.

70% of the games the defense has played well but then they always have 2-3 flat stinkers a year.