Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

KirkD IFS- Doog Post Of the Day

And look how they got there - showing patience in Brooks and then Belloti paid off. Not saying this is the only forward, but there are lessons that can be learned. Oregon didn't get to be elite overnight.

You can't even make this shit up anymore...

Comments

• DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    We might get to a rose bowl in sark's 14th year. which would actually only be his 11th year. Continuity is key. Sark will never get to a rose bowl in his 14th year if he's fired first.
  • I love how they said Oregon didn't become what they were overnight when they were WSU irrelevant then one pick happens changed their program.

Then Bellotti was falling into mediocrity so they pushed him away, bring in Kelly and overnight they became a national powerhouse.

Love how Doogs keep pushing coaching continuity.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,662 Founders Club
    These tards should not be allowed to breed.
  • How did the Boston RedSox win the World Series last night? They had a first year manager and they only gave the previous manager one year?!! Their previous World Series winning manager won the title in year one.
  • RE: Oregon I love how these fucking idiots ignore the GIANT Elephant in the room which is Phil Knight came along in 1995.

If Knight doesn't come along good chance they might have been just a flash in the pan. Oregon is going to play in the national title game with a first year head coach, they played in a national title game with a second year head coach.

Using Oregon as a coaching stability argument is so fucking retarded.
  • How did the Boston RedSox win the World Series last night? They had a first year manager and they only gave the previous manager one year?!! Their previous World Series winning manager won the title in year one.

although baseball is a little different than college football, this is a pretty good poont.

although baseball is a little different than college football, this is a pretty good poont.
    Completely different but I noticed most of the world series winning managers won almost immediately. Same with NFL and Super Bowls and for sure in college football since 2000.

This notion that there needs to be a "process" is only said by loser programs. Like the Mariners say that a lot and so does Sark for example.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,798
    Yeah, just think how awesome UO would be today if only they'd have kept Brooks around.
  • In Doog world every national championship team since 2000 would have never happened as those schools sacked a worthless coach to hire a good coach who won one immediately(minus Mack Brown).
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    I hate our fans so much that I'm rooting for UCLA to plunger us. I never thought I'd say that...even for a 6-3 team but this fan base is so outrageously clueless and worthless.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652

In Doog world every national championship team since 2000 would have never happened as those schools sacked a worthless coach to hire a good coach who won one immediately(minus Mack Brown).

Larry Coker says hi.

But yeah, otherwise your poont holds. Winning programs fire coaches until they find a great one. Looser programs favor coaching cuntinuity.
  • dnc said:

In Doog world every national championship team since 2000 would have never happened as those schools sacked a worthless coach to hire a good coach who won one immediately(minus Mack Brown).

Larry Coker says hi.

But yeah, otherwise your poont holds. Winning programs fire coaches until they find a great one. Looser programs favor coaching cuntinuity.
    You always there to point out the times that I'm wrong but what about all the times that I'm right?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652

dnc said:

Larry Coker says hi.

You always there to point out the times that I'm wrong but what about all the times that I'm right?
    I know you're being sarktastic but poonting out the times when you're wrong is more fun.

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    What's comically ridiculous by this post is that he doesn't even realize that he's actually asking the right question to prove that you SHOULD fire Sark after this year if he falls into the 8-4 or worse category.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

And look how they got there - showing patience in Brooks and then Belloti paid off. Not saying this is the only forward, but there are lessons that can be learned. Oregon didn't get to be elite overnight.

You can't even make this shit up anymore...

Why did UW fire Lambright, Gilbertson, and Willingham then?
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    So by the time I'm 75, they might have a good team. I will be a blue hair then and might punch a duck in the face and run off laughing.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,332
    Quooks are actually a little butt hurt that Kentucky honored Brooks before their game with Alabama, and Oregon hasn't done that for him in a while. Maybe I'm just an asshole, but I think naming a field after a 17 year head coach with a losing record seems pretty generous to me.