Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Want Sark fired?

2»

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

I don't want Sark fired for anything other than his performance

I agree, although I can't say I would complain if Sark's off the field behavior got him fired. However he gets fired is fine with me.

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652
    Tequilla said:

I have no reason to base this on anything, but I have a feeling that Mark Richt may have run his course at Georgia ...

Yes! Best recently fired coach! What could go wrong?

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,107 Founders Club
    Mark Richt is Frank Beamer with better talent and a slightly better record. Good enough not to get fired...almost beat Bama!!!! but not good enough to win it all. Occasional SEC title with a bad loss or two to keep him out of the national title game. Can't beat Florida much. But gets 10 wins a lot in 13 or 14 game seasons.
  • CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    Can someone please provide the backstory on this?
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    CaptainPJ said:

What's said in chat, stays in chat.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,065 Standard Supporter
    I have not watched him that close. He is 70–31 in the SEC though. That is good.

The Bad is he couldn't beat Meyer at Florida. Never had the break through for the Natty. Although the SEC Championship game was basically that last year. I don't know his record vs saban/spurreir/miles and am too lazy to look it up.

They are really injured right now. They are even playing a white kid at tailback in the SEC.

He's a Joe Steele kind of tailback
  • CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    topdawgnc said:

CaptainPJ said:

What's said in chat, stays in chat.
    Don't be a dick - spill that shit!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    edited November 2013
    I want Sark fired for performance too.

I also know that in Seattle loser coaches always overstay their welcome. This is the best shot.
    edited November 2013
    That's what got us into this mess. Not firing Rick in December for going7-6 if that's what they wanted then firing him in June for off field bullshit.

Maybe it'd be a circle of life thing though and bring us back
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

That's what got us into this mess. Not firing Rick in December for going7-6 if that's what they wanted then firing him in June for off field bullshit.

Maybe it'd be a circle of life thing though and bring us back

Remember when Gilby was 5-6 heading into the Apple Cup (the good old days) ...

A story broke about him taking free trips on a private plane (very Luthur Van Dam style) ...

It went away after he beat Wazzu ...
  • unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    Just send Pool Boy the 8x10 glossies in a plain brown envelope with the message, "Fire Sark or these go to the Seattle Times".

Blackmail?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tNEvCdVtk0
  • death2ducksdeath2ducks Member Posts: 991
    edited November 2013
    LOL. Actually it isn't blackmail. Blackmail (extortion) is the "demand for money or property, under threat." Demanding that Sark get fired is NOT A DEMAND FOR MONEY OR PROPERTY! Feel free to send the pix. You don't even need to be anonymous.
    ROFLMAO! Missing one element of a crime can be fun and profitable...

http://youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=RZAkOfxlW6g
  • DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180

First, I didn't know about the "indiscretions". Thanks for the info. However, moral turpitude is a legal term. Obviously some in here have downloaded the contract. Is it a defined term in the contract? Hopefully it is or it could get messy. Unless he's convicted of a crime which includes moral turpitude such as soliciting a prostitute, I would be very hesitant to rely on even an eye witness to an extra-marital affair constituting moral turpitude in 2013. Do you really want to take "moral turpitude" in front of a judge who's fucking his law clerk during lunch?

Sark only has two years left on his contract. It isn't worth it to try and pull a Barbara Hedges playing lawyer. We all know how that turned out. The threat of this going public should be enough to scare Pool Boy into buying out his contract and sending him on his way. Just send Pool Boy the 8x10 glossies in a plain brown envelope with the message, "Fire Sark or these go to the Seattle Times".

If nothing else, Pool Boy had better have already had his feelers out. He should already have a decent idea of who he can hire and who he can't. ND taught us all that firing your coach and assuming that the world would come running doesn't work anymore. Both Mora and Pinkel were both here on Sunday and were in the same room with Pool Boy. It was the perfect time to feel them out. Let's hope he's smart enough to have done it. I'm pretty sure he is.

UCLA is notorious for underpaying football coaches. Mora only makes $2 million per year, $500,000 less than Sark, and 2nd lowest in the Pac-12 ahead of only Riley at Oregon State. It's even less when you figure that he's living in the highest cost of living town in the Pac-12. Pickel makes $2.75 million and is likely to get bumped at the end of this year. One last big payday? It better be REALLY big.

Frankly, I think Sark being kept or fired was decided Sunday. If Pool Boy found out that he can get Mora or Pinkel, Sark is gone no matter what. If he found out there's no chance of either Mora or Pinkel, absent 6-6, we may be stuck; unless of course he already has somebody else waiting in the wings.

Pool Boy is a Bayou politician. Don't be confused by the sweater. He knows how back room dealings work. He also feels no loyalty to Sark. Politicians, (especially Bayou Politicians), and loyalty should never be used in the same sentence. Pool Boy will improve his hand any time he can.

I tend to think Pool Boy sucks sark's dick but I do hope you're right. I really don't want Pinkel, though. Minor upgrade at best. I could see it, though, with his mentor passing away and him wanting to finish here. But I'd rather take 1-2 more years of Sark than 5 of Pinkel.