Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hate Monopolies? Then You Should be Pissed About the Abolition of Net Neutrality

124»

Comments

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,573
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

People will have to start masturbating the old fashioned way... having sex.

No one here for sure
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited November 2017
    Yeah... I’m for Comcast and AT&T to be included in eminent domain.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,233
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    dflea said:

phineas said:

This is all a mute point when the meteor hits

What in the fuck is taking that thing so long?
    Meteor neutrality regulation.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

salemcoog said:

doogie said:

You should load up on options in the companies bound to capitalize on the free money grab.

This has been a foregone conclusion for a while, most of them jumped last November. Do you always advise to buy high?
    But AZ in his typical struggle mode this weak dug it up again.
    I see you aren't paying attention to current events.
    I am. On the surface it seems a no brainer to keep the EO in place. But if ya dig a little deeper, this has constricted both the expansion of high speed Internet to many areas and possibly delayed better tech to come online as well. We also have the Federal Trade Commission to address throttling and the opening and closure of the gates for preferred partners. If the FTC will do their job, opening up the field may not be The boogeyman many believe.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

doogie said:

You should load up on options in the companies bound to capitalize on the free money grab.

This has been a foregone conclusion for a while, most of them jumped last November. Do you always advise to buy high?
    I am. On the surface it seems a no brainer to keep the EO in place. But if ya dig a little deeper, this has constricted both the expansion of high speed Internet to many areas and possibly delayed better tech to come online as well. We also have the Federal Trade Commission to address throttling and the opening and closure of the gates for preferred partners. If the FTC will do their job, opening up the field may not be The boogeyman many believe.
    Can I get a KOMO 4?
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,532
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I don't understand the issue very well - but to me this will work like cell service which you pay for better faster and unlimited usage. I sure as hell don't want the gov regulating something that really has worked well so far. Again I don't pay attention to all the details and do not think it will impact use low. or I could be totally wrong.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    LebamDawg said:

I don't understand the issue very well - but to me this will work like cell service which you pay for better faster and unlimited usage. I sure as hell don't want the gov regulating something that really has worked well so far. Again I don't pay attention to all the details and do not think it will impact use low. or I could be totally wrong.

The US government invented the Internet.

But still.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

LebamDawg said:

But still.
    They love it, and set it free.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

LebamDawg said:

But still.
    Al Gore says fuck off.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,532
    Swaye's Wigwam

LebamDawg said:

But still.
    technically the internet was in development and the gov threw $$$$$ into -
    http://www.history.com/news/ask-history/who-invented-the-internet
  • Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    This thread is a piece ajit
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    LebamDawg said:

LebamDawg said:

But still.
    technically the internet was in development and the gov threw $$$$$ into -
    http://www.history.com/news/ask-history/who-invented-the-internet
    Read your link. The Department of Defense is part of the US gov't.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,233
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

doogie said:

Bingo
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,751
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

AZDuck said:

hardy har har

Sorry if I'm skeptical of a British comedian and a wannabe Detroit real estate mogul on public policy.

There are a lot of diverse opinions on it out there, including this one. Wu's comment should scare everyone.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/436807/net-neutrality-government-control
    But broadband is shared by many users, and providers can’t offer the full multitude of services to all customers at acceptable quality and prices at all times

My fear is this utter bullshit of an argument will work.

Fiber. Everywhere.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

doogie said:

1. It wasn't an EO.

2. Title II has been in place since 2015. Nothing has been constricted because ISPs can't rape their customers, certainly not in the past two years.

Whoever you get your information from is retarded.
    Don't blame his source.