Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

A simple twist of fate

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,701
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
I was watching the game Saturday on DVR delay after being traumatized the week before being forced to sit through the whole televised shit show of our going down in flames. The commercial breaks were longer than the time the DAWGS could hold onto the ball.

So at any rate The Drive flames out at 4 minutes with a chopper crash short of the line on 4th down. I'm drunk, high and pissed so I say to myself fuck this lets see who won as in UTAH fucking beat us at home. As I check my phone the winning FG is posted.

Now I am intrigued. We gave up the ball at 4 minutes and somehow score 10 points to win? We hadn't stopped UTAH much all night but we did? I enjoyed the rest of the broadcast so much I watched it twice.

This funk that settled in at ASU and has remained through a 2-2 stretch that should have been 1-3. Two things give me hope.

1. Despite how retarded Browning looked and the little fact that he failed on 4th down again, his chopper ride was so much more than the curled up fetus look he tried at Stanford on 4th down, that I think it actually fired up his team a bit. Like, hey he's still a retard but no longer a pussy! Then he leads the drives to 10 points. Baby steps.

2. Winning is always better than losing. I don't recall a game under Petersen that had this kind of a twist ending. Where we won a game we so clearly deserved to lose. The kids seemed really happy at the end. This can only help the confidence going forward.

All that being said, Jake Browning sucks but we're stuck with him. He seems to enjoy the Apple Cup. Let's roll.

10 wins is devalued but when the graphic on the screen says Clemson has 7 straight ten win seasons nobody stops to say which ones were 10-4 and which ONE was the national title. Recruits and their parents look at that shit.

And lets not forget that no matter how EASY it is to win 10 games these days UW managed NOT to until last year. Its a process and if you don't like it take it up with Pete or Nick.

I think that might have been a bigger win that we think now. I think our DAWGS better get used to teams giving every thing they have to beat us? It's all part of growing.

Big dogs like Bama have played 44 games the last three years heading into this season. With a target. It is mentally and physically draining. You have to have a way to cope or you're just another one hit wonder.

Fuck off

Comments

• Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye said:

It's like a retarded DownsSox that can fly.

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

I was watching the game Saturday on DVR delay after being traumatized the week before being forced to sit through the whole televised shit show of our going down in flames. The commercial breaks were longer than the time the DAWGS could hold onto the ball.

So at any rate The Drive flames out at 4 minutes with a chopper crash short of the line on 4th down. I'm drunk, high and pissed so I say to myself fuck this lets see who won as in UTAH fucking beat us at home. As I check my phone the winning FG is posted.

Now I am intrigued. We gave up the ball at 4 minutes and somehow score 10 points to win? We hadn't stopped UTAH much all night but we did? I enjoyed the rest of the broadcast so much I watched it twice.

This funk that settled in at ASU and has remained through a 2-2 stretch that should have been 1-3. Two things give me hope.

1. Despite how retarded Browning looked and the little fact that he failed on 4th down again, his chopper ride was so much more than the curled up fetus look he tried at Stanford on 4th down, that I think it actually fired up his team a bit. Like, hey he's still a retard but no longer a pussy! Then he leads the drives to 10 points. Baby steps.

2. Winning is always better than losing. I don't recall a game under Petersen that had this kind of a twist ending. Where we won a game we so clearly deserved to lose. The kids seemed really happy at the end. This can only help the confidence going forward.

All that being said, Jake Browning sucks but we're stuck with him. He seems to enjoy the Apple Cup. Let's roll.

10 wins is devalued but when the graphic on the screen says Clemson has 7 straight ten win seasons nobody stops to say which ones were 10-4 and which ONE was the national title. Recruits and their parents look at that shit.

And lets not forget that no matter how EASY it is to win 10 games these days UW managed NOT to until last year. Its a process and if you don't like it take it up with Pete or Nick.

I think that might have been a bigger win that we think now. I think our DAWGS better get used to teams giving every thing they have to beat us? It's all part of growing.

Big dogs like Bama have played 44 games the last three years heading into this season. With a target. It is mentally and physically draining. You have to have a way to cope or you're just another one hit wonder.

Fuck off

Disagree
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,979
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Fuck off

It's this kind of thinking that gets us pussies like Browning
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,031
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2017
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

It's like a retarded giraffe that can fly.

That seriously looks just like him trying to run.
    Right? I looked at a plethora of giraffe Gifs before I could find the one that fits.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited November 2017

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

It's like a retarded giraffe that can fly.

That seriously looks just like him trying to run.
    Right? I looked at a plethora of giraffe Gifs before I could find the one that fits.
    You fucking nailed it. Starts strong bu awkwardly, then looks confused, body begins moving faster than brain can process and everything goes to hell. Just stops (gets sacked) to avoid further damage.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Browning’s Sage Rosenfels helicopter move was hopeless and ill-advised, but god damn it was also badass and gutsy and he deserves a lot of credit for it. It’s as if he internalized all of the hatred that’s been thrown his way these last few weeks, said “fuck it”, and decided he was willing to die on a live broadcast for everyone to see. And then to come back and actually orchestrate two scoring drives after that was truly clutch. I don’t care if it was against a shit team like Utah that probably only means the difference between the Holiday Bowl and the Alamo Bowl, Jake deserves mad respect for that.

That being said, Jake Browning still sucks.

Hey how about a trigger warning?

I lost a lot of money on Sage turning it over 3x in the last five minutes including that helicopter fumble.