Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

A simple twist of fate

13»

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

It's nice that a shitty season now qualifies as 11-2. This year was a failure but we are still out of 7-6 purgatory. Petersen can still build this thing even more. It will clearly need some changing though, I trust that this off season he will patch up some of the bullshit.

Jake's ceiling is Pac-12 champ, and he requires a very balanced team to achieve that. Last year's team had that, this year showed serious weakness in our depth at certain positions from injuries. It is up to Petersen to bring in the guys who can get players 3 deep to really get to that next level because injuries will always happen.

Pissed but also happy that I am this pissed over 2 losses. With Sark I just started laughing after the 3rd or 4th loss because you knew exactly what you were getting.

9-4 is still in play
    I’m saying IF UW goes 11-2 NOC because they didn’t win anything. That’s the whole point.
    Like Chip's players did Helfrich's first year.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

It's nice that a shitty season now qualifies as 11-2. This year was a failure but we are still out of 7-6 purgatory. Petersen can still build this thing even more. It will clearly need some changing though, I trust that this off season he will patch up some of the bullshit.

Jake's ceiling is Pac-12 champ, and he requires a very balanced team to achieve that. Last year's team had that, this year showed serious weakness in our depth at certain positions from injuries. It is up to Petersen to bring in the guys who can get players 3 deep to really get to that next level because injuries will always happen.

Pissed but also happy that I am this pissed over 2 losses. With Sark I just started laughing after the 3rd or 4th loss because you knew exactly what you were getting.

9-4 is still in play
    I’m saying IF UW goes 11-2 NOC because they didn’t win anything. That’s the whole point.
    Like Helfrich did his first year.
    And?
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,054
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

This season has been a let down. That said, it’s not broken.

Teams with more talent than us have 2 losses or more. Ohio State, Michigan, Florida State, Auburn, USC. A few more will finish with two or more losses. Oklahoma and Georgia come to mind.

Minor tweaks. Fire Smith. Better QB play. More talent is always needed. We had bad injuries this year. That will happen, but losing your top 2 CB’s, a NFL LT, and a wasted season from a returning All PAC 12 LB would hurt any team. This was a bad year, injury wise.

It’s not one thing. It’s not that we don’t have enough talent. We had enough talent to beat ASU and Stanford. We need more, but again, there are plenty of teams with more talent losing two or more games.

It’s not just Browning, although he sucks. Sirmon and Yankoff are exciting because they will be our first QB in years that isn’t physically limited.

It’s not just Smith. He needed to be fired 3 years ago, but still.

We have a coach that will consistently contend. Get to the playoffs and see what happens. We missed that this year, but it’s not like we are that far off.

• Options
    tvoietvoie Member Posts: 996
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Jake is terrible and that was an awful play in and of itself. We can’t ignore that on literally FIRST, SECOND and THIRD down of the very next series he completely shit himself.

In fact he threw an easy pick 6 right into the hands of a Ute, but he was too surprised to catch it.

Then Jake made one fucking decent throw. Then another one. Then a good one.

And his confidence grew a bit.

Jake Browning is a god awful pussy, but I’m hoping he gains some confidence from this and at least plays like his normal self (which is B+ at best, but whatever) against WSU instead of his “I literally do nothing right” show that he’s been putting on all year this year.

When Jake is “on” he’s average and that’s all we’ll need. When he’s off, he is a program killing enemy agent.

ATBSJBS

He’s Jay Cutler 2.0.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,757
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

AZDuck said:

9-4 is still in play
    Why are you so fucking negative all the time?
    Would you be happy if, of all the great soaring birds, you were a fucking duck?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    tvoie said:

Jake is terrible and that was an awful play in and of itself. We can’t ignore that on literally FIRST, SECOND and THIRD down of the very next series he completely shit himself.

In fact he threw an easy pick 6 right into the hands of a Ute, but he was too surprised to catch it.

Then Jake made one fucking decent throw. Then another one. Then a good one.

And his confidence grew a bit.

Jake Browning is a god awful pussy, but I’m hoping he gains some confidence from this and at least plays like his normal self (which is B+ at best, but whatever) against WSU instead of his “I literally do nothing right” show that he’s been putting on all year this year.

When Jake is “on” he’s average and that’s all we’ll need. When he’s off, he is a program killing enemy agent.

ATBSJBS

He’s Jay Cutler 2.0.
    Jay has amazing arm talent, wtf are you talking about
  • Options
    GilbystaintGilbystaint Member Posts: 1,061
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

Doogles said:

Teams with more talent than us have 2 losses or more. Ohio State, Michigan, Florida State, Auburn, USC. A few more will finish with two or more losses. Oklahoma and Georgia come to mind.

Minor tweaks. Fire Smith. Better QB play. More talent is always needed. We had bad injuries this year. That will happen, but losing your top 2 CB’s, a NFL LT, and a wasted season from a returning All PAC 12 LB would hurt any team. This was a bad year, injury wise.

It’s not one thing. It’s not that we don’t have enough talent. We had enough talent to beat ASU and Stanford. We need more, but again, there are plenty of teams with more talent losing two or more games.

It’s not just Browning, although he sucks. Sirmon and Yankoff are exciting because they will be our first QB in years that isn’t physically limited.

We have a coach that will consistently contend. Get to the playoffs and see what happens. We missed that this year, but it’s not like we are that far off.

There is a lot of truth to this. I think we as husky fans (HH in particular) are wanting it all so fast because of the 15 years of futility and humiliation.

We're like a crackhead who has been working the steps clean for 15 years, but then sponsors the new hot chick and ends up getting seduced back into the lifestyle.

That one hit reminded us how glorious it is and now we're scratching our necks sucking dick on the corner for more.

As a kid I cried when we lost.

As a young adult I became a raging alcoholic and burned bridges when we lost.

Then I was ok with watching the 4th quarter out of the corner of my eye while having fun with friends.

Last year brought me back to the full doog addict I always was, always will be.
    Nailed it. It took me years to get perspective and not give a fuck anymore, and I had achieved that by around 2011. Then last year happens and I am back to throwing shit when we step on our dicks in the desert this year. I am always just one good season away from sucking dicks for dime bags again.
    Recovery is hard. Just give me another 24 hrs
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye said:

Doogles said:

There is a lot of truth to this. I think we as husky fans (HH in particular) are wanting it all so fast because of the 15 years of futility and humiliation.

We're like a crackhead who has been working the steps clean for 15 years, but then sponsors the new hot chick and ends up getting seduced back into the lifestyle.

That one hit reminded us how glorious it is and now we're scratching our necks sucking dick on the corner for more.

Then I was ok with watching the 4th quarter out of the corner of my eye while having fun with friends.

Nailed it. It took me years to get perspective and not give a fuck anymore, and I had achieved that by around 2011. Then last year happens and I am back to throwing shit when we step on our dicks in the desert this year. I am always just one good season away from sucking dicks for dime bags again.
    I thought CLS domesticated that out of you.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Doogles said:

I thought CLS domesticated that out of you.
    The throwing stuff when we lose, or the sucking dicks?