Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Targeting Call...

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Great hit, fuck everyone who says otherwise.

Taking a shit all over the grave of Curtis Williams is fun.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Great hit, fuck everyone who says otherwise.

Taking a shit all over the grave of Curtis Williams is fun.
    You didn’t like Victory and Ruins by the Seattle Times?
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,946

You all are referencing the first part of the rule which is a precondition for one of the following listed at the end. did he lower his head before atacking? His arms were out ready to wrap. In any case, fucking awesome hit.

You're trying too hard to lawyer this. Nobody cares what he's doing with this arms. His head (crown of his helmet) made contact with the player first. That's why the kid was almost folded in half. It's why they use that method ... it delivers the big hit. Great hit, and I'll concede it takes big ones to come in like that and lay the lumber ... but it's very fucking dangerous, particularly for the defender.
    head and shoulder hit concurrently IMO but I think he should have had his head further up which would have protected his neck. Still, I don't think it was illegal and if it was illegal it should NOT be. And pretty much the whole fucking stadium thought so too!
    Oh, well with that information I'll have to reconsider my position.

This isn't an IMO thing. The top of his helmet hit the kid in the chest plate. There's really no way to do that and have your shoulders hit at the same time unless you have no neck, and he does.

If that's not targeting, they ought to just forget about it and let the players risk it. Dangerous play for the kid and simply not worth it.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,545 Founders Club
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,873 Standard Supporter
    Bad call. If you slow it down and go frame by frame, it's clear his head was aimed at the ball and his shoulder made 90% of the contact with the RB's chest. His helmet hit the left side of the RB and his shoulder is what sent him backward. To anyone who watches the frame-by-frame replay, it's obviously not targeting.
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904

You all are referencing the first part of the rule which is a precondition for one of the following listed at the end. did he lower his head before atacking? His arms were out ready to wrap. In any case, fucking awesome hit.

You're trying too hard to lawyer this. Nobody cares what he's doing with this arms. His head (crown of his helmet) made contact with the player first. That's why the kid was almost folded in half. It's why they use that method ... it delivers the big hit. Great hit, and I'll concede it takes big ones to come in like that and lay the lumber ... but it's very fucking dangerous, particularly for the defender.
    head and shoulder hit concurrently IMO but I think he should have had his head further up which would have protected his neck. Still, I don't think it was illegal and if it was illegal it should NOT be. And pretty much the whole fucking stadium thought so too!
    Oh, well with that information I'll have to reconsider my position.

This isn't an IMO thing. The top of his helmet hit the kid in the chest plate. There's really no way to do that and have your shoulders hit at the same time unless you have no neck, and he does.

If that's not targeting, they ought to just forget about it and let the players risk it. Dangerous play for the kid and simply not worth it.
    fake news creepy, see the frames above. You are the one passing off your opinions as fact!
  • DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,488
    Turdbuffer has it right. Those frames are the proof. Great, legal hit. Case closed. Frame 2 from turdbuffer clearly shows where his head is. Arms outreached in frame 1. Clean awesome hit. Let's hope Luke Falk gets the same hit from Jojo. GO DAWGS.

Turdbuffer has it right. Those frames are the proof. Great, legal hit. Case closed. Frame 2 from turdbuffer clearly shows where his head is. Arms outreached in frame 1. Clean awesome hit. Let's hope Luke Falk gets the same hit from Jojo. GO DAWGS.

AND EVERYBODY IN THE STADIUM KNEW IT EXCEPT THE FUCKING REFS!!!!!!!!!
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,851
    If he was more than 180 lbs he would have not launched off his feet.

I say blame the SC coach
    edited November 2017
    dflea said:

Bad call. If you slow it down and go frame by frame, it's clear his head was aimed at the ball and his shoulder made 90% of the contact with the RB's chest. His helmet hit the left side of the RB and his shoulder is what sent him backward. To anyone who watches the frame-by-frame replay, it's obviously not targeting.

Looks like concrete proof of a shit call to me.

creep? boobs?
    @creepycoug come back and admit you were wrong
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

If he was more than 180 lbs he would have not launched off his feet.

I say blame the SC coach

That's power cleans, bitches

dflea said:

creep? boobs?
    First off, calling me back here is a little ghey. Jesus ... you give periodic fucking reports on CWU football... you've got bigger problems, and catching creepy in a fuck up, which really isn't that hard to do, ain't going fix 'me.

Secondly, we've spent too much time on this as it is. It's done now, and Salem and I are more focused on how badly we're going to skull fuck you guysm this weekend. I have cinco razones.

Finally, I can't tell shit from those frames because I don't know what part of the play they happen. By the time he's completing the hit of course he's going To making contact with other parts of his body. It's not a static thing.

I looked at the video and explanation here and thought it to be somewhat convincing:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/college-football/2017/11/18/16673496/washington-utah-targeting-jojo-mcintosh-rule-ncaa

Like I said. If that hit, however much you want to split hairs, isn't what they had in mind then they should just forget about it and let em do whatever they want. Sure they're going a 100 miles an hour; I get it. But the idea is to get your head to the side so you're not being fed through a tube the rest if your life.

dflea said:

creep? boobs?
    First off, calling me back here is a little ghey. Jesus ... you give periodic fucking reports on CWU football... you've got bigger problems, and catching creepy in a fuck up, which really isn't that hard to do, ain't going fix 'me.

Secondly, we've spent too much time on this as it is. It's done now, and Salem and I are more focused on how badly we're going to skull fuck you guysm this weekend. I have cinco razones.

Finally, I can't tell shit from those frames because I don't know what part of the play they happen. By the time he's completing the hit of course he's going To making contact with other parts of his body. It's not a static thing.

I looked at the video and explanation here and thought it to be somewhat convincing:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/college-football/2017/11/18/16673496/washington-utah-targeting-jojo-mcintosh-rule-ncaa

Like I said. If that hit, however much you want to split hairs, isn't what they had in mind then they should just forget about it and let em do whatever they want. Sure they're going a 100 miles an hour; I get it. But the idea is to get your head to the side so you're not being fed through a tube the rest if your life.
    Christ. Grandpa Sankey can see the ball pop out on the hit, but you can't. The runner is moving right to left and the defender angles slightly to the right as he goes in, quite visibly putting his head in front of the direction the runner is moving to stop his forward momentum and finish the tackle.

It's called football. Not that faggy airy thing they play in Pullman. Be nice to see JoJo lay a similar hit on Morrow this weekend.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228

dflea said:

creep? boobs?

So nothing's changed with you?

dflea said:

creep? boobs?

Christ. Grandpa Sankey can see the ball pop out on the hit, but you can't. The runner is moving right to left and the defender angles slightly to the right as he goes in, quite visibly putting his head in front of the direction the runner is moving to stop his forward momentum and finish the tackle.

It's called football. Not that faggy airy thing they play in Pullman. Be nice to see JoJo lay a similar hit on Morrow this weekend.
    Sure, but where was he carrying the ball when McIntosh hit him? Up front. Maybe he was going for the ball; I don't know and you don't know. I don't think intent is part of the rule. That his head hit part of the ball or all of the ball doesn't mean there's no targeting. All your angle bullshit is stretching badly. He burries the top of his fucking helmet in the guy's chest/midsection. It's either targeting or they should scrap the rule.

You're too invested in something that's over. Stupid even for you. Do you want me to say you and that dumb fuck friend of yours from Ellensburg are right?

Too bad; fuck off.
    dflea said:

dflea said:

creep? boobs?

So nothing's changed with you?
    No. Nothing ever changes with me.

dflea said:

creep? boobs?

Sure, but where was he carrying the ball when McIntosh hit him? Up front. Maybe he was going for the ball; I don't know and you don't know. I don't think intent is part of the rule. That his head hit part of the ball or all of the ball doesn't mean there's no targeting. All your angle bullshit is stretching badly. He burries the top of his fucking helmet in the guy's chest/midsection. It's either targeting or they should scrap the rule.

You're too invested in something that's over. Stupid even for you. Do you want me to say you and that dumb fuck friend of yours from Ellensburg are right?

Too bad; fuck off.
    How many ADA accommodations do you require? More than the average Cuog?