Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Targeting Call...

13»

Comments

• Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Intent has to be part of the rule... it was created so you could flag defenders who INTEND to fucking blast a defenseless player to hell with a launch into their head and neck area.

But this "targeting" was no such, there was nothing that could be construed as an attempt to harm, other than the usual hit you put on an opponent to wear him down as is the strategy in football.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Intent has to be part of the rule... it was created so you could flag defenders who INTEND to fucking blast a defenseless player to hell with a launch into their head and neck area.

But this "targeting" was no such, there was nothing that could be construed as an attempt to harm, other than the usual hit you put on an opponent to wear him down as is the strategy in football.

Fuck you're thick.

Nobody's ever going to write a football rule that requires an inquisition about 'intent to harm' after that fact to make a call. They look at what a player did, and if it fit some description of some rule, they call it.

"Jo Jo. Honestly, now, were you trying to bring harm to the opposing player? Because we're trying to evaluate whether to flag you for targeting and throw your ass out of the game."

And for the 20th time, the rule is there to protect BOTH players. Not just the player taking the hit. You may not agree; nobody cares. The rule is the rule.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

dflea said:

Bad call. If you slow it down and go frame by frame, it's clear his head was aimed at the ball and his shoulder made 90% of the contact with the RB's chest. His helmet hit the left side of the RB and his shoulder is what sent him backward. To anyone who watches the frame-by-frame replay, it's obviously not targeting.

Looks like concrete proof of a shit call to me.

creep? boobs?
    @creepycoug come back and admit you were wrong
    First off, calling me back here is a little ghey. Jesus ... you give periodic fucking reports on CWU football... you've got bigger problems, and catching creepy in a fuck up, which really isn't that hard to do, ain't going fix 'me.

Secondly, we've spent too much time on this as it is. It's done now, and Salem and I are more focused on how badly we're going to skull fuck you guysm this weekend. I have cinco razones.

Finally, I can't tell shit from those frames because I don't know what part of the play they happen. By the time he's completing the hit of course he's going To making contact with other parts of his body. It's not a static thing.

I looked at the video and explanation here and thought it to be somewhat convincing:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/college-football/2017/11/18/16673496/washington-utah-targeting-jojo-mcintosh-rule-ncaa

Like I said. If that hit, however much you want to split hairs, isn't what they had in mind then they should just forget about it and let em do whatever they want. Sure they're going a 100 miles an hour; I get it. But the idea is to get your head to the side so you're not being fed through a tube the rest if your life.
    Christ. Grandpa Sankey can see the ball pop out on the hit, but you can't. The runner is moving right to left and the defender angles slightly to the right as he goes in, quite visibly putting his head in front of the direction the runner is moving to stop his forward momentum and finish the tackle.

It's called football. Not that faggy airy thing they play in Pullman. Be nice to see JoJo lay a similar hit on Morrow this weekend.
    Sure, but where was he carrying the ball when McIntosh hit him? Up front. Maybe he was going for the ball; I don't know and you don't know. I don't think intent is part of the rule. That his head hit part of the ball or all of the ball doesn't mean there's no targeting. All your angle bullshit is stretching badly. He burries the top of his fucking helmet in the guy's chest/midsection. It's either targeting or they should scrap the rule.

You're too invested in something that's over. Stupid even for you. Do you want me to say you and that dumb fuck friend of yours from Ellensburg are right?

Too bad; fuck off.
    How many ADA accommodations do you require? More than the average Cuog?
    Targeting.
  • Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    and don't ad m

Fuck you're thick.

Nobody's ever going to write a football rule that requires an inquisition about 'intent to harm' after that fact to make a call. They look at what a player did, and if it fit some description of some rule, they call it.

"Jo Jo. Honestly, now, were you trying to bring harm to the opposing player? Because we're trying to evaluate whether to flag you for targeting and throw your ass out of the game."

And for the 20th time, the rule is there to protect BOTH players. Not just the player taking the hit. You may not agree; nobody cares. The rule is the rule.
    There should be an "inquisition" as you straw man (hoping to make the comparison with the Spanish Inquisition, which I have covered elsewhere here make it sound overly grand) since that flag was opposed to what football really is all about.

And intent is implicit in "targeting." You can tell if somebody intends to target or not, like in celebration penalties. A ref can tell if there is unnecessary celebration... ultimately it is a common sense "I know it when I see it" and everybody in Husky Stadium knew that was no targeting.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,811
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

and don't ad m

Fuck you're thick.

There should be an "inquisition" as you straw man (hoping to make the comparison with the Spanish Inquisition, which I have covered elsewhere here make it sound overly grand) since that flag was opposed to what football really is all about.

And intent is implicit in "targeting." You can tell if somebody intends to target or not, like in celebration penalties. A ref can tell if there is unnecessary celebration... ultimately it is a common sense "I know it when I see it" and everybody in Husky Stadium knew that was no targeting.
    You're the biggest Wildcoot on the bored.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Jojo still tried to Curtis Williams himself by looking at the ground. If he looks at what he is hitting, there is no foul.

He doesn't get credit for slightly missing his target.