Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Assuming Pete is smart enough to get a new OC & QB coach at season's end, who do we want?

2»

Comments

• bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,110
    whuggy said:

Doogles said:

He is Oregons Gilby. Fuck it.

Wasn't Gilby a hell of a coordinator?
    Yes. And who knows what Slingblade actually did as Kelly's OC.

Hamden is the guy I probably want the most.

Lubick was a shit OC at Oregon and has thus far not done anything remarkable as a WR coach outside of recruiting.
  • whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088

whuggy said:

Doogles said:

Yes. And who knows what Slingblade actually did as Kelly's OC.

Hamden is the guy I probably want the most.

Lubick was a shit OC at Oregon and has thus far not done anything remarkable as a WR coach outside of recruiting.
    I'm pretty sure Petersen knows Helfrich's involvement
    with the Oregon offense. Doesn't take much to put in
    a call to Chip.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163

Matt Lubbick

Well after the bang up job he’s done with this year’s receivers, why the hell not!
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,792
    whuggy said:

NEsnake12 said:

whuggy said:

NEsnake12 said:

Slingblade is a real possibility given his friendship with Pete

That's who I want. Taking off your purple tinted glasses
    Oregon has had a top notch offense forever. Helfrich
    has been ingrained in it. Perfect offense for Yankoff
    and our running backs
    The problem is that Pete won't (and rightfully shouldn't) pick a OC/QB coach now based off of any assumptions as to who wins the QB competition between those 2. Needs to be someone who is flexible enough to build an offense around the better one's strengths (Sirmon's arm vs. Yankoff's mobility).

But he definitely can't hire someone with a rigid offensive philosophy who'd try and fit a square peg into a round hole (see Miles, Cyler and Smith, Jonathan)
    Doesn't make much sense then why you'd recruit two
    quarterbacks with vastly different styles. I'm at least hoping
    Sirmon has some running ability. If he can at least move as well
    as Justin Herbert then Helfrich I think would be a hell of a hire.
    Just don't let Sirmon or Yankoff run goal line keepers.
    You recruit both because both are extremely talented, and competition will bring out the best in them and hopefully prevent a complete whiff on just taking 1 that busts
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    edited November 2017
    I would hire Mark if I were you. He's a competent OC, a really decent guy and if he'll be tanned, rested and ready to replace Pete when Pete leaves.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    BallzDeep said:

I would hire Mark if I were you. He's a competent OC, a really decent guy and if he'll be tanned, rested and ready to replace Pete when Pete leaves.

Haha Pete ain't leavin' till he retires. Just wait till Florida hires Taggart and your entire recruiting class collapses.
    That would leave the door open for Chip to return. Careful what you wish for.
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650
    I’m less interested in who replaces Smith than when he’s canned. If Furd beats Cal, then Pete should fire him Saturday night and take over OC duties while a replacement is recruited. TSIO if can’t play for conference championship and Smith’s firing needs to be punitive.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    whuggy said:

NEsnake12 said:

whuggy said:

NEsnake12 said:

Slingblade is a real possibility given his friendship with Pete

That's who I want. Taking off your purple tinted glasses
    Oregon has had a top notch offense forever. Helfrich
    has been ingrained in it. Perfect offense for Yankoff
    and our running backs
    The problem is that Pete won't (and rightfully shouldn't) pick a OC/QB coach now based off of any assumptions as to who wins the QB competition between those 2. Needs to be someone who is flexible enough to build an offense around the better one's strengths (Sirmon's arm vs. Yankoff's mobility).

But he definitely can't hire someone with a rigid offensive philosophy who'd try and fit a square peg into a round hole (see Miles, Cyler and Smith, Jonathan)
    Doesn't make much sense then why you'd recruit two
    quarterbacks with vastly different styles. I'm at least hoping
    Sirmon has some running ability. If he can at least move as well
    as Justin Herbert
    then Helfrich I think would be a hell of a hire.
    Just don't let Sirmon or Yankoff run goal line keepers.
    He can't
    whuggy said:

Doogles said:

He was a hell of an OL coach. Not sure he was actually anything special as a coordinator. And yes I know he was the OC in 91.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,110

Awesome suggestion. Thanks, duck friend. Do you really think he...

Hey. Wait a minute

dnc said:

whuggy said:

Doogles said:

He was a hell of an OL coach. Not sure he was actually anything special as a coordinator. And yes I know he was the OC in 91.
    I think he was Rick's OC as well. He's had 2 great years as an OC and he's also a huge fan of the dink & dunk offense AKA the Palouse Puke. I'll pass.
    Didn’t RN call his own plays?
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    dnc said:

dnc said:

whuggy said:

Doogles said:

I think he was Rick's OC as well. He's had 2 great years as an OC and he's also a huge fan of the dink & dunk offense AKA the Palouse Puke. I'll pass.
    Didn’t RN call his own plays?
    I don’t think so. Karl Dorrell was actually the OC in 99. He left after that season and Gilby moved up from OL coach.