Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

TSiO Episode #42: We Lost to Stanford; Why Nothing has Changed With Us

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Tequilla said:

I love the pod but Jesus this Stanford loss has fucked you guys up. Miami is better and much cooler and blacker than us but saying only two or three kids on our team would start for Miami is absurd. Yank the turnover chain out of your ass.

Guys that I feel confident that would start for Miami (in no particular order):

1) Dante Pettis
    2) Trey Adams
    3) Coleman Shelton
    4) Myles Gaskin
    5) Vita Vea
    6) Greg Gaines
    7) Jordan Miller
    8) Taylor Rapp
    There are a few others who would at least play. McGary, Bierria, Dissly, Ahmed (he would probably be used better too), Jaylen Johnson.

Miami isn’t that good. They squeaked out wins all year and are peaking now.

That’s the TBS obsession coming through after a loss.

All that being said, Jake Browning sucks.
    Agree ... I was trying to be a little bit conservative in my callouts given that I haven't watched a ton of Miami this year ... although definitely fair to say that they are hitting their stride right now.

Agree that McGary would likely play ... may be sliding inside though for Miami.

All the other guys you mentioned would likely be in the rotation. Hunter Bryant for sure would be in that category as well. I'd also say that you could definitely make an argument for Byron Murphy playing.

If Mark Walton was healthy, I think he'd play over Gaskin. But Gaskin likely would be ahead of Homer.

Anybody that thinks that we're that far away from being nationally relevant is going off of pure emotion and not thinking it through.

That being said, Jake Browning sucks and we can't compete at that level without a high end QB that has some big balls.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I love the pod but Jesus this Stanford loss has fucked you guys up. Miami is better and much cooler and blacker than us but saying only two or three kids on our team would start for Miami is absurd. Yank the turnover chain out of your ass.

Guys that I feel confident that would start for Miami (in no particular order):

1) Dante Pettis
    2) Trey Adams
    3) Coleman Shelton
    4) Myles Gaskin
    5) Vita Vea
    6) Greg Gaines
    7) Jordan Miller
    8) Taylor Rapp
    There are a few others who would at least play. McGary, Bierria, Dissly, Ahmed (he would probably be used better too), Jaylen Johnson.

Miami isn’t that good. They squeaked out wins all year and are peaking now.

That’s the TBS obsession coming through after a loss.

All that being said, Jake Browning sucks.
    Agree ... I was trying to be a little bit conservative in my callouts given that I haven't watched a ton of Miami this year ... although definitely fair to say that they are hitting their stride right now.

Agree that McGary would likely play ... may be sliding inside though for Miami.

All the other guys you mentioned would likely be in the rotation. Hunter Bryant for sure would be in that category as well. I'd also say that you could definitely make an argument for Byron Murphy playing.

If Mark Walton was healthy, I think he'd play over Gaskin. But Gaskin likely would be ahead of Homer.

Anybody that thinks that we're that far away from being nationally relevant is going off of pure emotion and not thinking it through.

That being said, Jake Browning sucks and we can't compete at that level without a high end QB that has some big balls.
    Wow, I completely agree with you. More talent is always welcome and needed. That said, we are right there near the top with a grown man at QB. We have had bad luck with injuries too, although more talent helps mitigate those issues.
    True ... we don't always agree. That being said, we probably agree more than we don't when you take the messenger aspect out of the equation.
  • DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    WTF? I guess we can't expect to have haikus in this economy.
  • BaldwinIVBaldwinIV Member Posts: 797
    DeepSeaZ said:

WTF? I guess we can't expect to have haikus in this economy.

yeah the haikus are what put it over the top

not looking good
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    Vea, Rapp and Gaines would start. Others would play. But that’s 3/11. On offense it’s likely less.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,502 Standard Supporter
    I listened to that entire thing and I get bored jerking off.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852
    89ute said:

Thanks for the shout out.

Fuck you for the immediate "you don't belong in the Pac-12" bullshit.

You fuckers just lapped up one of our Poly jag queefs.

89ute said:

Thanks for the shout out.

Fuck you for the immediate "you don't belong in the Pac-12" bullshit.

You fuckers just lapped up one of our Poly jag queefs.

You don't

Utah was a mistake

So were the Arizona schools

Yet year after year.....
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,502 Standard Supporter

A couple things:

1) As traumatic as it was to relive the NASCAR truck race the Stanford game, this was another chinsightful and very funny pod. Thank you.

2) My all time favorite WiFi network name: “FBI Surveillance Van”

3) For whatever reason I’ve never had any luck with Grindr

heart a good strikethrough
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,480 Founders Club

Yet year after year.....
    ASU 2 titles in 40 years

Arizona 0 titles in 40 years

Year after year

Yet year after year.....