Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

TSiO Episode #42: We Lost to Stanford; Why Nothing has Changed With Us

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

I love Dennis. #Daddy’slittleboy

• backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839

I love Dennis. #Daddy’slittleboy

Hehe.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    AEB said:

Explosive plays are the result of talent not scheme.

If you believe that then you are an idiot ... both is the unicorn ... scheme can help hide talent
  • ImHuskyYouFatImHuskyYouFat Member Posts: 45
    I like the cheen-sau outro better than the bamabamabama
  • AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,971
    Tequilla said:

AEB said:

If you believe that then you are an idiot ... both is the unicorn ... scheme can help hide talent
    Scheme takes you only so far.

When you play real teams, and we’ve seen this over and over, our scheme doesn’t hide our holes. Our lack of talent is exploited. The fact that our inability to generate explosive plays (in the passing game especially) due to the lack of explosive talent is repeatedly exposed.

I’m happily an idiot if this is some how wrong. I don’t aspire to be OK St.
    AEB said:

Tequilla said:

AEB said:

Scheme takes you only so far.

When you play real teams, and we’ve seen this over and over, our scheme doesn’t hide our holes. Our lack of talent is exploited. The fact that our inability to generate explosive plays (in the passing game especially) due to the lack of explosive talent is repeatedly exposed.

I’m happily an idiot if this is some how wrong. I don’t aspire to be OK St.
    Scheme by itself doesn’t trump talent ... never claimed as much

But our talent isn’t dog shit and quality scheme + plan + identity can go a long way (at least in the P12) ...

If you go back to the Semi’s last year against Alabama ... we did a lot of good things with scheme early in the game that earned us a TD and we were driving again until Ross fumbled. Then the scheme was gone and we were generally clueless.

Nobody is questioning needing to up the talent level nationally ... but we definitely need to increase our scheme as well because Smith is not getting the most out of what we have to work with ... and that’s scheme in a nutshell
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,502 Standard Supporter
    Hey, free pub!
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,236
    I had a stats prof that would absolutely go bonkers with the same way people try to misrepresent information.

His example was being told some stupid stat like "when the Vancouver Canucks are leading going into the third period theynwin 62.5% of the time!"

As Dennis would say "motherfucker! Of course they would win the majority of the time because if you're leading into the 3rd. That means you're either a better team or you're doing something right!"

• Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    I love the pod but Jesus this Stanford loss has fucked you guys up. Miami is better and much cooler and blacker than us but saying only two or three kids on our team would start for Miami is absurd. Yank the turnover chain out of your ass.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    edited November 2017

I love the pod but Jesus this Stanford loss has fucked you guys up. Miami is better and much cooler and blacker than us but saying only two or three kids on our team would start for Miami is absurd. Yank the turnover chain out of your ass.

Of the currently healthy, name names outside of Vea, Gaines, and maybe Taylor Rapp and Gaskin, who would start for Miami.

Massive hyperbole just doesn’t sound like something that Pepsi and DDY would ever do
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    edited November 2017

Who you got as the fourth?

Who you got as the fourth?
    Ryan Bowman