Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

UW is a "fraud" according to

124»

Comments

• TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,887 Standard Supporter
    jecornel said:

UW deserves it. They have now choked in 4 big games. Even James had his losses to UCLA that bedeviled the Dawgs in the 80's and 90's, but unlike James, Peterson hasn't yet won "the big game" and gotten over the hump of getting his players to execute at a high level against the toughest teams. Last year, it was SC and Alabama, this year it's a fired up ASU and a workman-like, fairly solid Stanford team with a better game plan.

The Dawgs are good, not great. To be great, you have to win the big, important games and they haven't done that yet.

So 2017 ASU and Stanford count as big games, but 2016 Stanford, Utah, WSU, and Colorado do not? That's some fucking retarded spin.

There's no question that the 2017 iteration of UW has done absolutely nothing impressive other than blow the doors off of some middle rung Pac-12 programs (and even if we were 10-0 right now it would still be true). But this sudden rewrite of history that tries to pretend that we didn't beat anyone worth a damn in 2016 as well, is total nonsense.
    Stanford, WSU and Colorado, 2016, were blowouts. No, they weren't "big games" that really challenged UW. Utah was close, but shouldn't have been, but I'll give that one to you as a road game against a decent squad. But clearly the hardest challenges last year were USC (L), which shut down our offense, and at Arizona.

The script this year has us thrashing the parade of the powerful: Cal, UCLA, Oregon State and Colorado, while losing to ASU and Stanford. Show me a big win against a genuinely tough, talented team anywhere in that 4-2 stretch. You can't because it ain't there, but that's not really the point, which is UW's failure to execute at a high level against other high-level teams, or teams that are playing at a high level on any given night. Those "James Type" wins just aren't there.
    You are aware both Miller and Murphy were out right? How would last year's defense been better in this game?
    Wrong quote, Jimmy. But mainly better CB and LB play, as I already explained upthread. Our LBs have great speed this year and are involved in many stops, but the tackling isn't as good, they don't hit as hard, and they're easier to block this year.

Truthfully, even if UW made the Pac12 Championship game, SC was going to romp all over the UW's exhausted D, cause the UW offense wouldn't do shit against their D.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381

We were hoping that jake would take that next step in his development, but he didn't hence we suck. His fundamentals are so shitty, I want to kill babushka.

And I want to jump into that avatar of yours.
    glad someone is paying attention. I have probably one of the most glorious avatars.
    someone hear (not saying who) has a butthole for theyre avatar
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,486 Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

So much of this thread is horseshit. This is still an excellent Defense you fucking retards. Bama gave up 24 points to Mississippi State last week. Do they suck now? Idiots.

This D has murdered people all fucking year. They can have a bad match up or a bad game or injuries or whatever once in a fucking while. This seasons failure is squarely on the O, and if you can't see that drink a gallon of kerosene and deep throat a road flare.

In the long run, yes. But I can't get over that the defense could not stop 3rd downs against Stanford.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,966
    dannarc said:

Haven't seen a Coog whine like this since Mike Price fogged his coke bottle glasses up pacing the sideline

You need to stick around for a while. Get a feel for the place.

This kewg can whine like a mother fucker.

You'll get this place dialed in after a while. Just PM Irishdawg. He'll help you.
    Mosster47 said:

UW deserves it. They have now choked in 4 big games. Even James had his losses to UCLA that bedeviled the Dawgs in the 80's and 90's, but unlike James, Peterson hasn't yet won "the big game" and gotten over the hump of getting his players to execute at a high level against the toughest teams. Last year, it was SC and Alabama, this year it's a fired up ASU and a workman-like, fairly solid Stanford team with a better game plan.

The Dawgs are good, not great. To be great, you have to win the big, important games and they haven't done that yet.

I guess pac 12 titles dont mean anything anymore?
    No. When you started calling Oregon failures for winning the conference and not winning their post season games you fell under that umbrella too.

Plus, two conference titles in 26 years is like Illinois good.
    He pretty much put your ballz in a vice on this one.

jecornel said:

So 2017 ASU and Stanford count as big games, but 2016 Stanford, Utah, WSU, and Colorado do not? That's some fucking retarded spin.

There's no question that the 2017 iteration of UW has done absolutely nothing impressive other than blow the doors off of some middle rung Pac-12 programs (and even if we were 10-0 right now it would still be true). But this sudden rewrite of history that tries to pretend that we didn't beat anyone worth a damn in 2016 as well, is total nonsense.
    Stanford, WSU and Colorado, 2016, were blowouts. No, they weren't "big games" that really challenged UW. Utah was close, but shouldn't have been, but I'll give that one to you as a road game against a decent squad. But clearly the hardest challenges last year were USC (L), which shut down our offense, and at Arizona.

The script this year has us thrashing the parade of the powerful: Cal, UCLA, Oregon State and Colorado, while losing to ASU and Stanford. Show me a big win against a genuinely tough, talented team anywhere in that 4-2 stretch. You can't because it ain't there, but that's not really the point, which is UW's failure to execute at a high level against other high-level teams, or teams that are playing at a high level on any given night. Those "James Type" wins just aren't there.
    You are aware both Miller and Murphy were out right? How would last year's defense been better in this game?
    But mainly better CB and LB play, as I already explained upthread. Our LBs have great speed this year and are involved in many stops, but the tackling isn't as good, they don't hit as hard, and they're easier to block this year.

Sounds made up.
    edited November 2017
    Swaye said:

So much of this thread is horseshit. This is still an excellent Defense you fucking retards. Bama gave up 24 points to Mississippi State last week. Do they suck now? Idiots.

This D has murdered people all fucking year. They can have a bad match up or a bad game or injuries or whatever once in a fucking while. This seasons failure is squarely on the O, and if you can't see that drink a gallon of kerosene and deep throat a road flare.

Are you still drinking? It's Tuesday man. Time to recover for next weekend. I still chinnned you because, well, I love you man.

Have I mentioned that my kewgs held 1/2 a Love to 69? How do you that number Swaye?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,515 Founders Club
    Swaye said:

This
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Swaye said:

Thread over.

Everyone else can STFU now.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133

UW is far from a fraud. When both starting corners weren't hurt this defense was as good as anyone in the country....maybe the best. The main problem is under center. Put McSorley in there and this team is undefeated and #3 in the cuntry. Oh, and the PacChamp vs USC is epic. UW wins by 10.

With Browning, well, you're looking at it...a holiday bowl team.

Bryant ain't terrible but at 5'7" he gets picked by the tall receivers. Cost us some pts against Stanford for sure.
    Bryant is my favorite corner. What he lacks in height he makes up for in rrun support, bubble screens...anything behind the LOS
    wut?
    M

UW is far from a fraud. When both starting corners weren't hurt this defense was as good as anyone in the country....maybe the best. The main problem is under center. Put McSorley in there and this team is undefeated and #3 in the cuntry. Oh, and the PacChamp vs USC is epic. UW wins by 10.

With Browning, well, you're looking at it...a holiday bowl team.

Bryant ain't terrible but at 5'7" he gets picked by the tall receivers. Cost us some pts against Stanford for sure.
    Bryant is my favorite corner. What he lacks in height he makes up for in rrun support, bubble screens...anything behind the LOS
    wut?
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,510 Swaye's Wigwam
    Fire Everyone.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    haie said:

Fire Everyone.

@haie meltdown version 2.0
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,510 Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Fire Everyone.

@haie meltdown version 2.0
    #LaneAnalysis
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,853
    Now is not the time to worry about your D.

That comes later.

(Next year)
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,887 Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

In the long run, yes. But I can't get over that the defense could not stop 3rd downs against Stanford.
    I get it, but no defense is perfect. This was a bad match up where they had tall receivers and all our best DB's are hurt. Plus Bryce Love. This over the top "oh my God this defense has problems" is fuckign stoopid. If they suck two more weeks in a row, then yeah, there is a problem. The defense has been on for every game but one. The offense has sucked half the games this year.
    For the record, I've never said this year's D sucks. I said I didn't agree with those who thought it was better than last year's D, based on the stats.