Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Does anyone have a clue what the starting 5 is gonna be for Basketball

2»

Comments

• MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    UW bball is soft, sloppy and underachieves.

Holding serve with the football program it appears.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652
    MisterEm said:

We're going on like the 10th straight year of the hoops team being better than the football team. Holding serve my ass. Sark has a long way to go to catch Romar's underachievements.

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    dnc said:

MisterEm said:

We're going on like the 10th straight year of the hoops team being better than the football team. Holding serve my ass. Sark has a long way to go to catch Romar's underachievements.

Pretty much this, Romar has underachieved no doubt with some of the talent he has had over the years but nowhere near as close as Sark. Romar actually has a few Pac-10/12 division and tournament titles (comment however you want on how down Pac hoops were, football was the same for the most part).

Sark actually had a program to work with with some great tradition. UW basketball has always pretty much been a joke.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,662 Founders Club
    MisterEm said:

Crew, softball, volleyball, soccer, and intramural sports are all that matter now.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,727
    I hate this board in November
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited October 2013
    I get frustrated watching Romar ball, but he has accomplished a lot at UW. Other than Miller at Arizona there is no program that is substantially better than us, although I do fear we are slipping. Before last year, he had won four conference titles in a row either in the regular season or the conference tournament.

He is a very, very flawed coach, but he does have some good results. I would liken him to a football coach that is consistently a bowl team with some 10+ win season sprinkled in, that never won a big bowl game. History shows, that is pretty good for UW basketball.

I get frustrated watching Romar ball, but he has accomplished a lot at UW. Other than Miller at Arizona there is no program that is substantially better than us, although I do fear we are slipping. Before last year, he had won four conference titles in a row either in the regular season or the conference tournament.

He is a very, very flawed coach, but he does have some good results. I would liken him to a football coach that is consistently a bowl team with some 10+ win season sprinkled in, that never won a big bowl game. History shows, that is pretty good for UW basketball.

I have no idea how Romar's team this year can be anywhere near as bad as last years. Gaddy and Suggs were awful. They always seemed to shiny against teams we should boatrace but anyone competent they sucked. His 2008-09 recruiting classes bit him in the ass. Besides IT and Wilcox you had

Gaddy (Has to be the worst #2 PG in the nation recruit ever)

Breshers (Had to quit early but he 1 season he played sucked)

Trent (Awful, a shame the rumor is we pulled Derrick Williams schollie offer (who we were the leader for after he commited)

Garcia (would have helped but didn't qualify)

Suggs (shouldn't have even been a 3 star recruit let alone 4)

Turner (Was actually decent his Soph year during the Pac-12 tourney and big dance but transferred)

This recent recruiting class is actually pretty decent and although we missed on Cheatham I think this one could be solid too, glad Romar finally learned that he isn't going to get guys with interest from Kentucky, Duke, NC, and even Arizona now. Although it is shitty that we are now getting 2nd to schools like San Diego State.

Romar only has so much to work with though, pool boy cares way less about basketball than football so that is saying something.
  • I get frustrated watching Romar ball, but he has accomplished a lot at UW. Other than Miller at Arizona there is no program that is substantially better than us, although I do fear we are slipping. Before last year, he had won four conference titles in a row either in the regular season or the conference tournament.

Why I said he's like a Mike Rile or a Jeff Tedford. Although he's starting to slip like Tedford did and it appears his best years are behind him.

Also like Tedford, if you fire him you might see things could actually get even worse.

Why I said he's like a Mike Rile or a Jeff Tedford. Although he's starting to slip like Tedford did and it appears his best years are behind him.

Also like Tedford, if you fire him you might see things could actually get even worse.
    Romar's biggest mistake was thinking Gaddy would eventually turn it around. I think this year will tell us a lot about where Romar is because I think Gaddy, Suggs, and Aziz were just too big of liablities at times. Aziz did some good thigns on defense, he still was always in foul trouble and looked lost out there (no need to bring up his fucking dreckfest for offense).

Plust last year Romar was all about this new "high post" offense that sucked, they are trying to find a middle ground this year so we will see.

I think CJ Wilcox will be a POY favorite in the Pac-12 if the rumors are true he is healthy for the first time since last November. Perris Blackwell will be the X Factor, he has been likened to Brockman (not great athleticism but a big body who is a workhorse in the paint). He is much more fit for a high post offense than Aziz.

NWG and Darin Johnson I think could develop into Romar's best backcourt duo in awhile.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    I don't know, or care. Basketball is for little fags.

Could you care less?
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    edited October 2013

Could you care less?
    Probably a little.

• MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    awfully warm for March