Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

BallzDeep Goes off After Difficult Loss to Stanford

Hardcore_HuskyHardcore_Husky Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 302
Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
edited November 2017 in Hardcore Husky Board

imageBallzDeep Goes off After Difficult Loss to Stanford

Emotions are running high after an embarrassing loss to Stanford 

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Petersen's way is "trust the process" ... and that's what he's doing. Yeah, we wish it would be a little (or alot) more mercenary like the top programs do it.

Saban has no problem saying "hey, it doesn't look like you're the right fit around here ... have you looked at other programs to get more playing time?"

Part of the problem is that Petersen is invested in this process ... he's had to do it for years at Boise where development > recruiting.

So, we're going to wait until year 7 or 8 when the sustained success pays off in better recruits and overall elevation of the program. It's gonna take that long though.

But goddamn ... whiffing in recruiting is going to slow the process down significantly ...
  • Options
    Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,648
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    I’m doubtful Pete will make the changes necessary to raise the bar. His “trust the process” is a part of his core identity, which is a very good thing for most the players who will become better men and not play football after college. But it won’t consistently produce elite caliber results.

I’m concerned Pete will remain true to his process and reveal that he is really just a try hard white guy. Raise the bar means try harder for him. He needs an Alice Cooper No More Mr. Nice Guy paradigm shift. If he’s unable to adapt to this reality, his legacy at UW will only be a one hit wonder last season.

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,605
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Maybe he'll fail at uw and randomly become a decent NFL head coach.

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,884
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

It's always fun when the front page bashes the players.

They deserve it
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,884
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I’m doubtful Pete will make the changes necessary to raise the bar. His “trust the process” is a part of his core identity, which is a very good thing for most the players who will become better men and not play football after college. But it won’t consistently produce elite caliber results.

I’m concerned Pete will remain true to his process and reveal that he is really just a try hard white guy. Raise the bar means try harder for him. He needs an Alice Cooper No More Mr. Nice Guy paradigm shift. If he’s unable to adapt to this reality, his legacy at UW will only be a one hit wonder last season.

He's extremely competitive and smart enough to realize the Pac 12 isn't the Mountain West. It's not like there weren't some thugs who got in trouble at Boise CC. Washington won't ever be Miami, but I think he wants to win badly and will adjust accordingly.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    we* play better at home. beat Utah and Cuog this is still a 10-11 win team. Not ideal, not bad.

Lose to Utah and Cuog and maybe Pettis, Vita, Gaines sit out the “WhoCares Bowl sponsored by Washington Canibus Growers” for business reasons and suddenly, this is an 8 win team on a 3 game losing streak returning Brownsox at QB with no receivers or DL and all Sarks recruits gone.
  • Options
    Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,648
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

He's extremely competitive and smart enough to realize the Pac 12 isn't the Mountain West. It's not like there weren't some thugs who got in trouble at Boise CC. Washington won't ever be Miami, but I think he wants to win badly and will adjust accordingly.
    I prefer this assessment to be more accurate than mine. Presently I think he is more determined to win his way than to adjust. I hope I’m wrong.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited November 2017

Washington has had as many shit bags on its roster as Miami ever has. There was even a book written about it. It's also up there in historical violations.

So being too clean has never been UW's issue. They're as willing to slum as anyone.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    The oline was good last night.
    The reasons we lost wee bad playcalling ,3rd down defense, no pass rush browning and yes shit officiating 0payed a role as well
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Some of it is excusable. Losing your top 2 cb is devestating after losing what we had last year. A lot of good players just had poor days as well as it being a short week On the road.

With that said fuck browning fire smith and fire malloe
  • Options
    BallzDeep said:

Washington has had as many shit bags on its roster as Miami ever has. There was even a book written about it. It's also up there in historical violations.

So being too clean has never been UW's issue. They're as willing to slum as anyone.

What decade are you living in? Our roster is filled with a bunch of boy scouts. Literally zero head cases or thugs or rapists. I'm pretty sure under Mike Leach WSU has had the most player arrests than any other program in the nation.

Learn to use the quote function asshole.

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,216
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

BallzDeep said:

What decade are you living in? Our roster is filled with a bunch of boy scouts. Literally zero head cases or thugs or rapists. I'm pretty sure under Mike Leach WSU has had the most player arrests than any other program in the nation.

It's hard.
  • Options

BallzDeep said:

It's hard.

Fix it Derek!!
  • Options
    Founders Club

BallzDeep said:

It's hard.

Fix it Derek!!

No donation, no peace!!
  • Options

BallzDeep said:

It's hard.
    Fix it Derek!!

No donation, no peace!!

I'm saving my change. It's hard when you're only a pretend lawyer. Do you take pretend donations?
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    dhdawg said:

The oline was good GOOD last night.
    The reasons we lost wee bad playcalling ,3rd down defense, no pass rush browning and yes shit officiating 0payed a role as well

• Options
    Founders Club

BallzDeep said:

It's hard.
    Fix it Derek!!
    No donation, no peace!!

I'm saving my change. It's hard when you're only a pretend lawyer. Do you take pretend donations?

It's hard