Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Quentin Moore, 4* 2021 JUCO TE, Kenmore (Inglemoor) (Last Chance U), WA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Considering our misses recruiting TE's the last two years, getting Moore is a must for our TE depth

He’s really good too. His HS film was great. Kid is a very good athlete and should be a complete TE. Redman, Otton (if he returns), and him would give us elite TE talent. Seems like we have a really good shot at him too. This is the type of change from Pete to Lake that we needed.
    Petersen took two transfer QBs, one from JC. He took a transfer DT, a transfer punter, a transfer CB, and probably a couple others I'm forgetting. He also offered many players late only after they got their academics together. If they qualified and seemed dedicated enough to school to stick, he'd offer. I think Lake offering one JC tight end and calling it something different than what Petersen did is reaching for a narrative at this point. If this starts happening many times per year, I'll start to agree.

This guy didn't get an offer when he was an academic risk, got his shit together, then got an offer. That sounds exactly like Petersen's MO.
    That is not many transfers over six years. And especially low JC numbers. I doubt Nik Little and Tony Rodriguez were even at JC due to grades they probably didn’t have D1 offers. Those were weird offers to fill spots.

Who was the transfer DT? I can only think of Bronson but he walked on.

Going after a JC guy month two on the job is an indication of a different approach.
    The DT is Bronson. Didn't realize he's a walk-on. Still, I think--at this point at least--this is more of a perfect storm that just happened to take place early in Lake's tenure: In-state kid, stud athlete, non-qualifier, gets his shit together in JC, gets offer. If you're suggesting Petersen wouldn't have also offered with the state that the tight end room is in (which is the argument being made when using this particular case to define a difference in recruiting strategy), bridges to sell you, yadda yadda.

Lake may end up being very different than Petersen when it comes to recruiting transfers. There is little reason to believe this particular case is evidence of that. Petersen would have greenlit this offer as well.
    There were quite a few transfer or jc kids that we recruited out of high school under CP and didn’t bother with the second time around. Even at positions of need.
    Transfer yes. JC? The only one I can think of was Ali Gaye, who obviously was a victim of bad timing because by the time he got out of JC had stacked the DL depth. Obviously I'm sure there are others but I literally can't think of one who fits your criteria of a. we recruited them b. they were still a position of need when finishing JC.

I'm sure they exist but "quite a few" seems like a big statement. Do you have any examples to back that up?
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Considering our misses recruiting TE's the last two years, getting Moore is a must for our TE depth

He’s really good too. His HS film was great. Kid is a very good athlete and should be a complete TE. Redman, Otton (if he returns), and him would give us elite TE talent. Seems like we have a really good shot at him too. This is the type of change from Pete to Lake that we needed.
    Petersen took two transfer QBs, one from JC. He took a transfer DT, a transfer punter, a transfer CB, and probably a couple others I'm forgetting. He also offered many players late only after they got their academics together. If they qualified and seemed dedicated enough to school to stick, he'd offer. I think Lake offering one JC tight end and calling it something different than what Petersen did is reaching for a narrative at this point. If this starts happening many times per year, I'll start to agree.

This guy didn't get an offer when he was an academic risk, got his shit together, then got an offer. That sounds exactly like Petersen's MO.
    That is not many transfers over six years. And especially low JC numbers. I doubt Nik Little and Tony Rodriguez were even at JC due to grades they probably didn’t have D1 offers. Those were weird offers to fill spots.

Who was the transfer DT? I can only think of Bronson but he walked on.

Going after a JC guy month two on the job is an indication of a different approach.
    The DT is Bronson. Didn't realize he's a walk-on. Still, I think--at this point at least--this is more of a perfect storm that just happened to take place early in Lake's tenure: In-state kid, stud athlete, non-qualifier, gets his shit together in JC, gets offer. If you're suggesting Petersen wouldn't have also offered with the state that the tight end room is in (which is the argument being made when using this particular case to define a difference in recruiting strategy), bridges to sell you, yadda yadda.

Lake may end up being very different than Petersen when it comes to recruiting transfers. There is little reason to believe this particular case is evidence of that. Petersen would have greenlit this offer as well.
    There were quite a few transfer or jc kids that we recruited out of high school under CP and didn’t bother with the second time around. Even at positions of need.
    Transfer yes. JC? The only one I can think of was Ali Gaye, who obviously was a victim of bad timing because by the time he got out of JC had stacked the DL depth. Obviously I'm sure there are others but I literally can't think of one who fits your criteria of a. we recruited them b. they were still a position of need when finishing JC.

I'm sure they exist but "quite a few" seems like a big statement. Do you have any examples to back that up?
    And c.) aren't counting on PE credits for transferring. Or whatever the thing is that makes transferring to UW harder.
  • rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    We could of used that Young guy from Auburn
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

He was a solid player. Nothing incredible. A lot better than Doog legend Keantae Bankhead who wasn’t running away from anyone, even in high school. He had like 30 yards in the state title game. He would have always been a bust.
  • KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

He was a solid player. Nothing incredible. A lot better than Doog legend Keantae Bankhead who wasn’t running away from anyone, even in high school. He had like 30 yards in the state title game. He would have always been a bust.
    Lol, this is a make a wish take. I was teammates with Keaunte in HS. Best athlete I ever played with or against. He was a much bigger Nate Robinson. Bankhead would have been an all conference LB or safety.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2020

Lol, this is a make a wish take. I was teammates with Keaunte in HS. Best athlete I ever played with or against. He was a much bigger Nate Robinson. Bankhead would have been an all conference LB or safety.
    Make a wish? I already got that by playing against Matt Tui and Jonathan Stewart at Central Camp.

In all seriousness, I wanted nothing to do with Stewart. He took a dive up the middle for a long TD on his first play. He broke outside on the second play. I dive at his ankles and purposely missed because I was so scared of getting ran over. I wasn’t a pussy either, but that dude was something else.

I only watched Bankhead in the State Title game vs Pasco. I wasn’t very impressed with Bankhead. He got burned by Leon Jackson for a TD. He was decent at RB but nothing special. Looking online tho, he had a much better game than I had remembered. I think he would have ended up a mediocre LB in college. Just my opinion.
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    No.

Houston Baptist.
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,041
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,942
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited April 2020
    Who wouldn’t want to play in the UCONN-UCF game??
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,059
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    This guy was “in the bag” a couple weeks ago. Top 37???
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,379
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Top-15. Eat a dick, dude.
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

CB to UW from Huffman

We have a bunch of TE offers out. Might be applying the pressure on some of them to woof before the spots are gone.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,956
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    This guy with redman would be nice.