Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Apologies to BBK

2»

Comments

• AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,971
    I can’t figure out the drop off in AZ. He looks a little heavier than last year. Maybe his injury was worse than we thought?
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    AEB said:

I can’t figure out the drop off in AZ. He looks a little heavier than last year. Maybe his injury was worse than we thought?

Almost like rupturing an Achilles' tendon ....
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

But i'm hearing he gets dragged every play. Despite constantly having a higher # of tackles a game, i'm just going to assume that because it happened once he gets dragged every play. He is also white so i'm going to beat that dead horse too.

He does get dragged a lot. But he is much better than I even thought, and I liked him out of HS. He deserves props. His game won't be to be a thumper, thus why I get frustrated with him at times. But he is pretty good.
    The problem I’ve always had with this is that when BBK runs full sprint across the field and whiffs on a tackle, everyone mentions it.

Victor gets shook outta his shoes and nobody posts shit. Same when Bierria fucks up.

BBK has always been a good football player and there was not a huge drop of att all when Beavers and him got more playing time last season.
    I love DJ beavers, I think he’s a baller. I actually agree with you, bierria has been worse than BBK. The reason BBK is playing is because he doesn’t gamble and allow gaps to form. Victor did that, and Bierria did it really bad in the Alabama game last year, he’s been better this year but there really is no difference from Bierria and BBK. Which speaks to how much BBK has improved.

I think BBK is best playing side to side, he had some really solid plays this week doing that. I just want to see him get more physical on those in the box plays, that is all.

I honestly think our two best ILB’s are Beavers and BBK, which is why I was hoping to see Victor moved outside in the spring full time and have Beavers/BBK/Bierria rotate.
    With you all the way. I love Beavers and the way Pete talks about him makes it certain that he’s a baller.

I really hope Azeem can have a two sack game outside. I noticed Azeem on a random play against Oregon and he looked pretty damn explosive. He’s a Husky Legend and you have to love the guy.

BBK has played so consistently well that he has earned his time.
    I will always love Azeem because I think he was one of the guys that truly changed the program. I love him unconditionally for that.
    Budda was the truest program changer imo. He wasn’t coming to UW until Pete convinced him.

Azeem, Bierria, and King are next. All recruited by Sark. All bought in (to some degree) and became players under Pete.

You could say the same about Ross, but real Husky fans care about defense.
    I wish our defense played all 60 min. They r so good
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    Budda to me was the day 1 indicator the program was already changing. A local phenom who had 0 interest in UW before and the moment Petersen came over he instantly flipped. He will always be Petersen’s best recruit.

• BrickSquadBrickSquad Member Posts: 1,658
    edited November 2017
    BBK is a lunch pail type of guy. He's the guy who I'd let date my daughter. Is it really a surprise he's this impactful of a player?
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852

But i'm hearing he gets dragged every play. Despite constantly having a higher # of tackles a game, i'm just going to assume that because it happened once he gets dragged every play. He is also white so i'm going to beat that dead horse too.

He does get dragged a lot. But he is much better than I even thought, and I liked him out of HS. He deserves props. His game won't be to be a thumper, thus why I get frustrated with him at times. But he is pretty good.
    The problem I’ve always had with this is that when BBK runs full sprint across the field and whiffs on a tackle, everyone mentions it.

Victor gets shook outta his shoes and nobody posts shit. Same when Bierria fucks up.

BBK has always been a good football player and there was not a huge drop of att all when Beavers and him got more playing time last season.
    I love DJ beavers, I think he’s a baller. I actually agree with you, bierria has been worse than BBK. The reason BBK is playing is because he doesn’t gamble and allow gaps to form. Victor did that, and Bierria did it really bad in the Alabama game last year, he’s been better this year but there really is no difference from Bierria and BBK. Which speaks to how much BBK has improved.

I think BBK is best playing side to side, he had some really solid plays this week doing that. I just want to see him get more physical on those in the box plays, that is all.

I honestly think our two best ILB’s are Beavers and BBK, which is why I was hoping to see Victor moved outside in the spring full time and have Beavers/BBK/Bierria rotate.
    With you all the way. I love Beavers and the way Pete talks about him makes it certain that he’s a baller.

I really hope Azeem can have a two sack game outside. I noticed Azeem on a random play against Oregon and he looked pretty damn explosive. He’s a Husky Legend and you have to love the guy.

BBK has played so consistently well that he has earned his time.
    I will always love Azeem because I think he was one of the guys that truly changed the program. I love him unconditionally for that.
    So does uoduckgirl