Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Apologies to BBK

PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
Before the season I would've laughed if somebody told me that our defense would be this good and Ben Burr-Kirven would be having more of an impact than Azeem Victor.

Not laughing anymore. Keep it up...please.

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    I hope BBK puts on another 10 pounds in him. Then he might a completely different player
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    edited November 2017

I'll eat some crow. They might be decent next year with Beavers and BBK in the middle

They will be better than decent. Beavers looks a lot bigger and is still fast. I don’t think it’s too tough playing ILB with guys like Vea and Gaines up front.

Those are the guys we will miss immensely next year. At least Jaylen Johnson and Levi will be two of the better DT’s in the conference.
    I would agree with “better than decent” if not for the likely departure of Vea and Gaines. We have no other wide bodies in the middle.
  • FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054

I'll eat some crow. They might be decent next year with Beavers and BBK in the middle

They will be better than decent. Beavers looks a lot bigger and is still fast. I don’t think it’s too tough playing ILB with guys like Vea and Gaines up front.

Those are the guys we will miss immensely next year. At least Jaylen Johnson and Levi will be two of the better DT’s in the conference.
    Am I the only one who thinks Greg Gaines has a decent chance of staying for his final season? He's an amazing player, but he's not the NFL prototype at the position like Vita Vea is. I'm not sure his draft stock will be super high because of his body type. I could definitely see him staying.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    Who doesn't love try hard white guys?
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,279 Founders Club

Passion said:

I would agree with “better than decent” if not for the likely departure of Vea and Gaines. We have no other wide bodies in the middle.
    The defensive identity has changed every single year with Kwiatkowski, yet the result has always been the same. I see absolutely no reason for a dropoff next year. So what if both Gaines and Vea leave? Johnson and Levi will replace them along with any number of interior DL that step up and assert themselves. This defense is going to consistently be the best in the conference until its not.
  • uziuzi Member Posts: 1,298

Am I the only one who thinks Greg Gaines has a decent chance of staying for his final season? He's an amazing player, but he's not the NFL prototype at the position like Vita Vea is. I'm not sure his draft stock will be super high because of his body type. I could definitely see him staying.
    I wish he would stay, but he graduates this year, and I'm hearing he didn't get into the grad program he wants (Biz) so he plans to go into the NFL (heard it from a friend of somebody associated with the team that I won't name...).
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622

Passion said:

The defensive identity has changed every single year with Kwiatkowski, yet the result has always been the same. I see absolutely no reason for a dropoff next year. So what if both Gaines and Vea leave? Johnson and Levi will replace them along with any number of interior DL that step up and assert themselves. This defense is going to consistently be the best in the conference until its not.
    I believe this is what people said when Steve Hoffmann replaced Emptermann.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    I'm hearing that we will be using the formula for the foreseeable future.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

But i'm hearing he gets dragged every play. Despite constantly having a higher # of tackles a game, i'm just going to assume that because it happened once he gets dragged every play. He is also white so i'm going to beat that dead horse too.

He does get dragged a lot. But he is much better than I even thought, and I liked him out of HS. He deserves props. His game won't be to be a thumper, thus why I get frustrated with him at times. But he is pretty good.
    The problem I’ve always had with this is that when BBK runs full sprint across the field and whiffs on a tackle, everyone mentions it.

Victor gets shook outta his shoes and nobody posts shit. Same when Bierria fucks up.

BBK has always been a good football player and there was not a huge drop of att all when Beavers and him got more playing time last season.
    Dude, beavers looks like a beast out there. He Looks apart
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

But i'm hearing he gets dragged every play. Despite constantly having a higher # of tackles a game, i'm just going to assume that because it happened once he gets dragged every play. He is also white so i'm going to beat that dead horse too.

He does get dragged a lot. But he is much better than I even thought, and I liked him out of HS. He deserves props. His game won't be to be a thumper, thus why I get frustrated with him at times. But he is pretty good.
    The problem I’ve always had with this is that when BBK runs full sprint across the field and whiffs on a tackle, everyone mentions it.

Victor gets shook outta his shoes and nobody posts shit. Same when Bierria fucks up.

BBK has always been a good football player and there was not a huge drop of att all when Beavers and him got more playing time last season.
    I love DJ beavers, I think he’s a baller. I actually agree with you, bierria has been worse than BBK. The reason BBK is playing is because he doesn’t gamble and allow gaps to form. Victor did that, and Bierria did it really bad in the Alabama game last year, he’s been better this year but there really is no difference from Bierria and BBK. Which speaks to how much BBK has improved.

I think BBK is best playing side to side, he had some really solid plays this week doing that. I just want to see him get more physical on those in the box plays, that is all.

I honestly think our two best ILB’s are Beavers and BBK, which is why I was hoping to see Victor moved outside in the spring full time and have Beavers/BBK/Bierria rotate.
    With you all the way. I love Beavers and the way Pete talks about him makes it certain that he’s a baller.

I really hope Azeem can have a two sack game outside. I noticed Azeem on a random play against Oregon and he looked pretty damn explosive. He’s a Husky Legend and you have to love the guy.

BBK has played so consistently well that he has earned his time.