Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Will Latu, 2021 3* LB, Spanaway (Bethel), WA (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,712
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

To add, his brother had a really weird interview with the Oregon version of Eklund. He said hes "riding with Oregon right now" but will take official visits and Oregon will probably be one of them.

He may be less committed than that Avanta guy who is releasing his top 7

They don't have commits till they sign. It ain't over for Steele till he enrolls either. Rumors about a potential flip back to USC are starting to heat up. So much drama coming Oregon's way and I got my popcorn ready. So glad UW doesn't recruit drama queens like that.
    Based on your predicted flips last year this guarantees Steele signs with the Ducks
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited June 2019

To add, his brother had a really weird interview with the Oregon version of Eklund. He said hes "riding with Oregon right now" but will take official visits and Oregon will probably be one of them.

They don't have commits till they sign. It ain't over for Steele till he enrolls either. Rumors about a potential flip back to USC are starting to heat up. So much drama coming Oregon's way and I got my popcorn ready. So glad UW doesn't recruit drama queens like that.
    Based on your predicted flips last year this guarantees Steele signs with the Ducks
    They had seven decommits last class and Jonah T tried to flip and sign with USC but his mom wouldn't sign his SC NLI and forced him to sign with Oregon. I'd say I was pretty spot on. Don't be surprised if Mase Funa and/or Jonah T take the portal to SC either.
  • Options
    edited June 2019

They had seven decommits last class and Jonah T tried to flip and sign with USC but his mom wouldn't sign his SC NLI and forced him to sign with Oregon. I'd say I was pretty spot on. Don't be surprised if Mase Funa and/or Jonah T take the portal to SC either.
    You said Jonah T, Funa, and Thibs would all sign elsewhere.

You were adamant about Thibs and also insisted he would be dropped to a 4* in the final ranking.

Oops.
    They paid for Kayvon. I didn't know they were paying for players now. With that information before hand, I would have thought Oregon was more of a possibility for him. He deserved to be dropped in the rankings based on his on and off again effort. Biggins himself said he would likely be getting dropped but Oregon fans would have had a meltdown and some would have unsubscribed. There's definitely some business decisions that go into whether or not 247 drops a kid in the rankings.

As I said, Jonah T wanted to sign with SC and was not allowed to. I was right about him wanting to flip later in the process. There's no predicting a selfish mother out of nowhere completely taking control of her son's recruitment. She was probably getting a bag from Oregon too for Jonah's signature. Otherwise, it just makes no sense why a mother would not want her son closer to home if that's what he wants to do.

Mase was not a top priority for SC after his injury. His knee injury was bad. It's questionable if he'll ever be the athlete he was pre-injury again. That's another difficult one to predict. Had he not gotten injured, there's no doubt he would not have committed and signed with Oregon. They were his best option post-injury.

My point always was, Oregon is going to have a lot of decommits and they did and will continue to do so. Now you want to argue semantics because I didn't correctly predict which specific guys would decommit? Get outta here.
  • Options
    edited June 2019

Jonah Tuaanuauanuau has been visiting USC a lot lately as well. Elijah Blades has interest in USC and LSU. Bridges, Eaford, and Wilhoite are from across the country. Stay tune. ;)

1/5

Mase Funa and Jonah T on decommit watch. Both visiting USC. What's going on?

0/2

ALL USC.

(Taununununu)
    0/1

That's all straight up fact. UW and SC didn't want him and stopped recruiting him a long time ago. Did you miss the epic trashing of this kid on the Duck board by Biggins? He said he doesn't play hard, take entire halves off in games, and Kayvon's uncle said to him "I don't know what it's going to take to get this kid to play hard".

Guys who don't play hard aren't great players. He'll get his ass kicked in college and be another 5-star Pac-12 bust like Jaelan Phillips and Wole Betiku.

It was already confirmed but this only adds to it. Not an OKG. Kid wants to get loud and talk shit before the game and then take plays off during the game. It's hilarious doogs on doogman are arguing about whether or not UW wanted this kid. No way he lasts at Oregon without either getting kicked off the team or transferring :D

I only repeated what Biggins said about him. He's seen him play in person multiple times and said he doesn't play hard and his stats were misleading, if not fabricated. He will not be a 5-star for long because 247 is going to drop him down their rankings for their last ranking update. His grades don't have shit to do with who he is as a football player. Football is not his passion.

(Thibs)

LOL 0/1
    Those were not predictions. I was noting who COULD flip from Oregon's commit list. Not who would. I get credit for Jonah tho because he wanted to decommit. He was indeed ALL USC in the end and with the transfer portal making it so easy for kids to change their mind, it ain't over. They still had SEVEN fucking decommits in one class and it should have been EIGHT. That's more than UW has had in five years. I don't understand what your fucking point is? You're cherry picking semantics. I don't have a fucking crystal ball. I said they would have a shit load of decommits and they did.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    NEsnake12 said:

Hopefully close to an offer with this improvement
    Does he get graded 4 times a year per class?
  • Options
    HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651

NEsnake12 said:

This shit gives Petermen some serious wood. Expect an offer soon
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054

NEsnake12 said:

Yes. It's called the quarter system.

Also, kudos to him for giving so few fucks in 2nd quarter that he managed to fail Advisory class. That's essentially homeroom.
    Yes I understand what the quarter system is, but even so that usually includes the summer quarter. I'm confused on the numbers, Intro to Marketing had an F first quarter and C+ second quarter but the Percentage is exactly the same between the two.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,939
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

NEsnake12 said:

Also, kudos to him for giving so few fucks in 2nd quarter that he managed to fail Advisory class. That's essentially homeroom.
    Yes I understand what the quarter system is, but even so that usually includes the summer quarter. I'm confused on the numbers, Intro to Marketing had an F first quarter and C+ second quarter but the Percentage is exactly the same between the two.
    Paging @datadawg

Maff is hard
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Looks like my kids report card...
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,294
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

NEsnake12 said:

I think they do semesters, and the first half is the unofficial mid-semester grade. Though the numbers still don't really make sense
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    I love this kid! Just keep working at it and improving and your dreams will come true! Go Dawgs!
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,911
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

NEsnake12 said:

I think they do semesters, and the first half is the unofficial mid-semester grade. Though the numbers still don't really make sense
    That's probably what they do. Most schools do that - first and 3rd quarters are "midterm grades". All the numbers make sense except that 1st quarter marketing one. Theres something glitched there.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,259
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

NEsnake12 said:

Tbf what asshole councilor fails a football player for advisory?