Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

PM to Climate Change deniers

2»

Comments

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,560 Founders Club
    Is there a thread in here that isn't AIDS? I'm starting to almost miss Death2ducks. But not Collegedoog
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,860
    You don't have to deny it to not give a flying fuck about it or think that driving a Prius makes you earth conscious
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Mosster47 said:

So we don't think billions upon billions of 99 degree creatures running around burning oil like crazy adding miles and miles of concrete and asphalt to everywhere they go is going to slighly make it warmer?

That doesn't make much sense.

The best part is when faggots acknowledge that volcanoes can change the temperature of the Earth but don't think excessive smog can.
    Huh. I always thought the Lefties were worried about CO2. Now its smog.

Maybe HondoFS should start calling on everyone to go bomb China and India now in the name of saving the world?

Da Fuq do you think smog is primarily composed of?
    My lord you are dense.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,660 Founders Club
    Thanks to L.A.’s geography and topography, smog is nearly synonymous with our city’s name. Given that Los Angeles is located on a low lying coastal plain, surrounded by high mountains and deserts beyond, air circulation becomes limited by default. When we add the volumes of auto exhaust from millions of cars (the estimated population of Los Angeles County is 10,103,000), favorable atmospheric conditions, as well as plenty of sunshine to the mix, we have excellent conditions for smog production. Denver, Mexico City, and Santiago, Chile also have significant smog problems because of similar conditions.

The image above was photographed on July 23, 2004 at 5:15 p.m. from the summit of Josephine Peak in the Angeles National Forest. Click for a larger version.

By interpreting a Stuve diagram, such as the illustration below, we are able to discern weather conditions for a given location, and understand how inversion layers aid in trapping smog here in the Los Angeles basin.

@TheChart ? True?

• CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,477 Swaye's Wigwam
    Fuck the Earth.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,224 Standard Supporter

Christ. There's any number of good reasons beyond the climate debate to keep mor of the dead dinosaurs in the ground. Carbon tax the shit - make it revenue neutral if you want - and build more big fucking titties.

The same greenie morons pushing global________________ (insert current claim) hate big titties. That alone is enough to wipe them all from the face of the earth. Who could hate big titties?
  • RedRocketRedRocket Member Posts: 1,527
    edited November 2017
    Sledog said:

Christ. There's any number of good reasons beyond the climate debate to keep mor of the dead dinosaurs in the ground. Carbon tax the shit - make it revenue neutral if you want - and build more big fucking titties.

The same greenie morons pushing global________________ (insert current claim) hate big titties. That alone is enough to wipe them all from the face of the earth. Who could hate big titties?
    Wrong. I'm a greeny moron and I was one of the most vocal titty advocates in the ass vs tits pole.
  • RedRocketRedRocket Member Posts: 1,527

RedRocket said:

Sledog said:

Wrong. I'm a greeny moron and I was one of the most vocal titty advocates in the ass vs tits pole.
    It's not just the tits it's the tampon disposal

We have to figure out the waste

It's a good alternative. No need to fuck people over on oil though until the alternatives are ready

The price of gas is huge to the working poor. Race was there
    Sounds like you're just talking about transportation. I'm not a fan of rapid transition to electric cars. Like you said the infrastructure isn't there to support it yet en mass. Also personal transport isn't that big of a contributor relative to power sector or commer/industrial transport in terms GHG emissions.

I'm a fan of some kind of price on carbon. This isn't really even a liberal idea. Not sure what the right price is but it should be more than 0 because it imposes a cost to society. Also think government should invest much more heavily in energy R & D and electricity infrastructure modernization. But whatever we have to blow up rag heads, pay for social security and build a wall.