Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

A husky philosophy question?

Comments

• TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    I bashed Paul Arnold. Until he had that awesome spin move against Arizona.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,662 Founders Club

I still hate Massey and Hurst...and. the Huskies were actually good then.

Massey I get, but why Hurst?

I never liked Hurst. His stats were okay, but he followed Shehee, Dillon, Kaufman, Bryant, Lewis, Weathersby etc. and never lived up. I probably only saw 12-15 games between '98 and 2001,but he didn't have a lot of big runs when I watched and did have a shitload of three yd runs.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

I still hate Massey and Hurst...and. the Huskies were actually good then.

Massey I get, but why Hurst?

I never liked Hurst. His stats were okay, but he followed Shehee, Dillon, Kaufman, Bryant, Lewis, Weathersby etc. and never lived up. I probably only saw 12-15 games between '98 and 2001,but he didn't have a lot of big runs when I watched and did have a shitload of three yd runs.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MI3YojC75Y0

Hurst was merely decent, but he stepped in and did a great job in 2000 after starting the year buried on the depth chart. He was one of the unsung heroes on that team. Derek has a great account of this in his book on the 2000 Huskies.

In 2001, we could not run the ball for shit. Rich Alexis was doing terrible, but when Hurst got in we ran much better.

• HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    Tripper. Johnson.

The fact that Tripper Johnson wasn't mentioned shows how much more this bored needs to be crisped up
  • Who was the first player you ever ripped on? For me it was Damon Huard. I never forgave him for the "pick". Although I wasn't much of a fan of Vince Weathersby either and wanted James to sit him for Lewis.

Another one that hasn't been mentioned yet that needs to be is John Whales. That mother fucker cost UW the Rose Bowl in 1995. I know Lambo is a shit coach but jesus christ kid do your fucking job.
  • Dick_BDick_B Member Posts: 1,301
    Brock "back foot" Huard.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652

Who was the first player you ever ripped on? For me it was Damon Huard. I never forgave him for the "pick". Although I wasn't much of a fan of Vince Weathersby either and wanted James to sit him for Lewis.

Another one that hasn't been mentioned yet that needs to be is John Whales. That mother fucker cost UW the Rose Bowl in 1995. I know Lambo is a shit coach but jesus christ kid do your fucking job.

Billy Joe Camaro

• dnc said:

Who was the first player you ever ripped on? For me it was Damon Huard. I never forgave him for the "pick". Although I wasn't much of a fan of Vince Weathersby either and wanted James to sit him for Lewis.

Billy Joe Camaro

I can't hate the only QB to lead UW to a national championship. I just can't.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    edited October 2013
    Quinton Richardson
  • unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    In 2001, we could not run the ball for shit. Rich Alexis was doing terrible, but when Hurst got in we ran much better.

You can't expect a team to perform after the events of 9/11. The Miami game was rescheduled for that reason, it took a lot of wind out of our sails.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,293 Founders Club

You can't expect a team to perform after the events of 9/11. The Miami game was rescheduled for that reason, it took a lot of wind out of our sails.

Wind out of their sails? That was by far the worst performance by a Husky team I've ever witnessed in person. I wanted Heuheisel fired on the field. That was officially the end of Husky football as many of us had come to know it.
  • In 2001, we could not run the ball for shit. Rich Alexis was doing terrible, but when Hurst got in we ran much better.

Wind out of their sails? That was by far the worst performance by a Husky team I've ever witnessed in person. I wanted Heuheisel fired on the field. That was officially the end of Husky football as many of us had come to know it.
    He was obviously being Sarkastic.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    edited October 2013

Take this to the Maldonado board

If only there were one. At least it's finally being openly discussed as a serious problem in more than just message boards, one that could very well keep the ducks out of the big game this year, again. They were talking about it in the broadcast "This week in the PAC." I don't understand how Helfrich can be so smart yet be so obtuse when it comes to this problem. He even said he'd put him in again without a second thought in the same situation. At this rate I doubt 3 years in a row will be enough to convince them if they haven't seen the writing on the wall yet. I would rather have a random fan try to kick the critical ones. It's that bad. SMFH

Count your blessings UW. This guy was originally one of your commits from what I understand.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,293 Founders Club

He was obviously being Sarkastic.
    Suspected as much with the 9/11 reference, but that game still pisses me off to no end.
  • uw2010uw2010 Member Posts: 940

If you're going to bash Christine Gregoire, I am OUT

I lived two doors down from Gregoire my freshman year. Actually was a pretty nice guy. He was a walk on, blame the coaches for having such shit recruiting classes that he even saw any gametime.
  • uw2010uw2010 Member Posts: 940
    uw2010 said:

If you're going to bash Christine Gregoire, I am OUT

I lived two doors down from Gregoire my freshman year. Actually was a pretty nice guy. He was a walk on, blame the coaches for having such shit recruiting classes that he even saw any gametime.
    FUCK, meant Christine, copied down the wrong part of the quote.
  • WhiskeyDawgWhiskeyDawg Member Posts: 406
    I'd bash my mother is she threw like Lockner.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Scott Greenlaw, mainly because my dad would rip him and couldn't believe he was getting playing time at corner.

• Who was the first player you ever ripped on? For me it was Damon Huard. I never forgave him for the "pick". Although I wasn't much of a fan of Vince Weathersby either and wanted James to sit him for Lewis.

Scott Greenlaw, mainly because my dad would rip him and couldn't believe he was getting playing time at corner.

I wasn't a fan of his either. The idiots loved him because he was a WHITE walk on who was a local kid. However I didn't give a fuck about that as he was constantly being burned.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,130 Founders Club

It's already been said, in college, it all goes back to coaching.