Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

A husky philosophy question?

oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
edited October 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
You guys are hardcore trolls with an anything goes attitude but I've noticed you seem to draw the line at calling out individual players for poor play and heap the rage entirely on your coaches, especially Sark. I can respect this. But say you have an individual player whose performance record is so detrimental to your team that it just can't be ignored anymore. The guy's record shows that he's been given so many chances to improve his game but establishes such a dismal track record that it is apparent he just won't get it done and really just needs to go. Somewhere. Anywhere. Just off the fucking field. Do you still refrain from calling out the individual player, or do you maintain that the blame is 100% on the coaches for continuing to put faith in this player?

Comments

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Disagree. You must be knew here.

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,849 Founders Club
    There are many hardcore trolls among us, but I am not one of them.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,332
    Take this to the Maldonado board
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,130 Founders Club
    The guy's record shows that he's been given so many chances to improve his game but establishes such a dismal track record that it is apparent he just won't get it done and really just needs to go.

It all goes back to coaching.

That said, there's something I just don't like about Micah Hatchie AKA the Bodyguard.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    We would have moved Lockner to safety in 2009 to make room for Price at QB.

We've hated other individuals over the years too (Ossai, Garcia, and ASJ quickly come to mind).

Does that answer your question?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,849 Founders Club

We've hated other individuals over the years too (Ossai, Garcia, ASJ, Ted Bundy and Christine Gregoire quickly come to mind).

fixed that for you
  • BiggusDickusBiggusDickus Member Posts: 553
    If you're going to bash Christine Gregoire, I am OUT

We've hated other individuals over the years too (Ossai, Garcia, ASJ, Ted Bundy and Christine Gregoire quickly come to mind).

fixed that for you
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    the kids who play here are a result of being recruited here and/or being "developed" here... in other words it's 200% on the coaches.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,065 Standard Supporter
    Chrictitoton was maybe the worst starter I have ever seen. Even his one sack he got was an accident.

If you're going to bash Christine Gregoire, I am OUT

fixed that for you
    BRB, JO
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,968 Swaye's Wigwam
    I don't have anything against calling out individuals. Actually it would be more accurate to say I don't mind pointing out flaws or shortcomings of individuals. It doesn't have to be a blanket condemnation of the player.

I never have got on board with the hardcore dislike and mockery of certain players. I understand where it comes from though. Locker was propped up as a savior by most of the doogs, the DM.c admin, and the husky honks and they never let go of it even after he was exposed for what he was (a big, fast meathead with a scatter arm and scatter brain). Jordan White-Frisbee was a talented guy who turned into a bloated big mouth who couldn't back up his talk. ASJ is a guy I still like that has become a target because he seems to have come out soft and out of shape this year when this should have been his springboard season to the NFL. Pretty inexcusable.

I have mocked Johnny Durocher and Carl Bonnell pretty mercilessly. These were two underwhelming talents at QB who DM.c and the honks kept pushing to replace Stanback. Kim made comments like "Stanback is a great athlete, Bonnell and Durocher are better QBs". This continued unabated even after both of those guys got their shot and showed they couldn't hold Stanback's jock.

Most recently I've poked some fun at John Ross and Shaq "predator" Thompson. They're both great talents who haven't (or hadn't...Shaq is pretty damn close actually) earned all the praise that has been heaped on them. Ross himself was supposed to be worth two wins this year according to one doog. Of course we're all waiting for him to make a play against someone other than Idaho St.
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    The only player I ever criticized was Casey Paus. I still don't understand how Gilby named him the starter when half the time his passes didn't go beyond the line of scrimmage. He threw sideways and it was easy for the DL to simply bat the passes down! Gibly claimed something like he needed him to "run the offense."
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    I can't stand the "don't bash the kids, they are trying." If they can't take it, they should play football somewhere where they won't happen.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    chuck said:

I don't have anything against calling out individuals. Actually it would be more accurate to say I don't mind pointing out flaws or shortcomings of individuals. It doesn't have to be a blanket condemnation of the player.

I never have got on board with the hardcore dislike and mockery of certain players. I understand where it comes from though. Locker was propped up as a savior by most of the doogs, the DM.c admin, and the husky honks and they never let go of it even after he was exposed for what he was (a big, fast meathead with a scatter arm and scatter brain). Jordan White-Frisbee was a talented guy who turned into a bloated big mouth who couldn't back up his talk. ASJ is a guy I still like that has become a target because he seems to have come out soft and out of shape this year when this should have been his springboard season to the NFL. Pretty inexcusable.

I have mocked Johnny Durocher and Carl Bonnell pretty mercilessly. These were two underwhelming talents at QB who DM.c and the honks kept pushing to replace Stanback. Kim made comments like "Stanback is a great athlete, Bonnell and Durocher are better QBs". This continued unabated even after both of those guys got their shot and showed they couldn't hold Stanback's jock.

Most recently I've poked some fun at John Ross and Shaq "predator" Thompson. They're both great talents who haven't (or hadn't...Shaq is pretty damn close actually) earned all the praise that has been heaped on them. Ross himself was supposed to be worth two wins this year according to one doog. Of course we're all waiting for him to make a play against someone other than Idaho St.

chuck are you that retarded? Really? Ross and Shaq?
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,968 Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

chuck are you that retarded? Really? Ross and Shaq?
    It's not about the players in this case numbnuts. It's about the dumb fucks lapping up whatever hype the DM.c guys heap on young players and running with it whether they've seen it themselves or not.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652
    This thread is worthless without NupeDawg.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652

We've hated other individuals over the years too (Ossai, Garcia, and ASJ quickly come to mind).

I would not have done that.

But yeah, there's plenty of criticism of players here. The difference is that player criticism here is inherently criticism of recruiting, development and/or coaching decisions to play said player. Other places player criticism is to distract from or outright silence coaching criticism.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,662 Founders Club
    edited October 2013
    I still hate Massey and Hurst...and. the Huskies were actually good then.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    dnc said:

I would not have done that.

But yeah, there's plenty of criticism of players here. The difference is that player criticism here is inherently criticism of recruiting, development and/or coaching decisions to play said player. Other places player criticism is to distract from or outright silence coaching criticism.
    Oops, I meant 2010. I wouldn't have burned Price's redshirt in 2009.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

I still hate Massey and Hurst...and. the Huskies were actually good then.

Massey I get, but why Hurst?