Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Irony

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,044
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AZDuck said:

Jesus, some people here are fucktarded.

When there is an intelligence failure wherein a group of SF gets ambushed in a country which was not assessed as being a high-threat area for armed attack, and one of the members of that team disappears for two fucking days, that is a matter of public record and cause for investigation.

There will be one.

It will be classified.

But there will also be public hearings. Frankly, I don't think this thing goes to Trump. That's not the point. Someone fucked up, and people got killed. We need to find out why and improve our TTPs in that area so it doesn't happen again.

Why did he have weapons weaker than the terrorist's weapons? Why were they able to surround them and kill him?"

Also good questions. It is customary to assess the threat level and enemy capabilities when conducting operations. Clearly the assessment was wrong.

As far as Trump is concerned, it sounds like he was an asshole on the phone. According to at least two people in the car at the time, he referred to SGT La David Johnson as "your guy." That's kind of poor form for a casualty condolence call.

The Army's casualty assistance officer training gives these basic pointers:

The previous slide says "write down or rehearse your phone call in order to better prepare yourself." Trump has lots of minions that can help him with this.

It's actually not hard.

While he won the erection fair and square, the fat bone spurred fuck should have been advised by his hadlers from making phone calls to grieving military families. People that talk shit to dudes that have done time in the Hanoi Hilton probably aren't the best fit for this sort of thing.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

Be a good little monkey!
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

Executive Mansion,
    Washington, Nov. 21, 1864.

Dear Madam,--

I have been shown in the files of the War Department a statement of the Adjutant General of Massachusetts that you are the mother of five sons who have died gloriously on the field of battle.

I feel how weak and fruitless must be any word of mine which should attempt to beguile you from the grief of a loss so overwhelming. But I cannot refrain from tendering you the consolation that may be found in the thanks of the Republic they died to save.

I pray that our Heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement, and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost, and the solemn pride that must be yours to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of freedom.

Yours, very sincerely and respectfully,

A. Lincoln

They knew what they were getting in to. Still hurts.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,946
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

God I miss racial stereotype cartoons. Speedy Gonzalez, Foghorn Leghorn, Pepe LePew.

AZDuck said:

When there is an intelligence failure wherein a group of SF gets ambushed in a country which was not assessed as being a high-threat area for armed attack, and one of the members of that team disappears for two fucking days, that is a matter of public record and cause for investigation.

There will be one.

It will be classified.

But there will also be public hearings. Frankly, I don't think this thing goes to Trump. That's not the point. Someone fucked up, and people got killed. We need to find out why and improve our TTPs in that area so it doesn't happen again.

Why did he have weapons weaker than the terrorist's weapons? Why were they able to surround them and kill him?"

Also good questions. It is customary to assess the threat level and enemy capabilities when conducting operations. Clearly the assessment was wrong.

As far as Trump is concerned, it sounds like he was an asshole on the phone. According to at least two people in the car at the time, he referred to SGT La David Johnson as "your guy." That's kind of poor form for a casualty condolence call.

The previous slide says "write down or rehearse your phone call in order to better prepare yourself." Trump has lots of minions that can help him with this.

It's actually not hard.

While he won the erection fair and square, the fat bone spurred fuck should have been advised by his hadlers from making phone calls to grieving military families. People that talk shit to dudes that have done time in the Hanoi Hilton probably aren't the best fit for this sort of thing.
    I'm gonna run smack on Jane Fonda whenever i damned well want to.

Wood still titty fuck even though she's old as dirt though.
    Wood not. She gave it up to many NVA dudes.

Once you go Viet Cong, you never go back.

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    salemcoog said:

Trump was an asshole on the phone but whoever was in charge of this mission needs to be strung up at Tribunal.

The original mission was pretty light duty and then all of the sudden... "Hey while you're there, why don't you take out an entrenched warlord" as if they are requesting a 30 bomb and a pack of smokes. And then after that, Hey why don't you guys stop by and talk to this cleric guy..... He's real friendly and stuff and would love to see you guys.

Sent in with light duty everything, no air support until 3 hours later and led into an obvious trap. This is political but not Executive Branch political. Just jarhead shit political. And the fucktards in charge need to hang.

Odd how your tune is so much different than Benghazi. But but but stand down order. But but but video. But but but emails.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    French air support, too. Who could have seen that going sideways? The fucking frogs weren't even given authority to shoot.

Terrorists are really afraid of overflying aircraft I guess.

What a fucking shit show.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    2001400ex said:

salemcoog said:

Trump was an asshole on the phone but whoever was in charge of this mission needs to be strung up at Tribunal.

The original mission was pretty light duty and then all of the sudden... "Hey while you're there, why don't you take out an entrenched warlord" as if they are requesting a 30 bomb and a pack of smokes. And then after that, Hey why don't you guys stop by and talk to this cleric guy..... He's real friendly and stuff and would love to see you guys.

Sent in with light duty everything, no air support until 3 hours later and led into an obvious trap. This is political but not Executive Branch political. Just jarhead shit political. And the fucktards in charge need to hang.

Odd how your tune is so much different than Benghazi. But but but stand down order. But but but video. But but but emails.
    Hondo likes to point out the similarities between apples and giraffes
  • Options

God I miss racial stereotype cartoons. Speedy Gonzalez, Foghorn Leghorn, Pepe LePew.

AZDuck said:

There will be one.

It will be classified.

It's actually not hard.

I'm gonna run smack on Jane Fonda whenever i damned well want to.

Wood still titty fuck even though she's old as dirt though.
    Wood not. She gave it up to many NVA dudes.

• Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    2001400ex said:

salemcoog said:

WTF are you rambling about HondoRFS? There is nothing comparable between this and Benghazi.

It is appropriate you are taking talking points directly from some crazy lady dressed up as Speedy Gonzales...kinda reinforces the need for a R in your name...
  • Options
    I'm kinda in agreeance with the Houston fellow, to a point.

I don't think this looks like Benghazi. There's a scandal here, but I seriously doubt it goes to the White House. (/agreeance)

The lady with the cowboy hats appears to be genuinely pissed off. I guess the Soldier who got disappeared for 48 hours and offed was one of her Little Frederica Urban Achievers. So she actually knew the family and may have known the Soldier when he was a kid. If she wants to blurt "Benghazi" that's her right but I don't see it.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    2001400ex said:

salemcoog said:

Do you huff the grease in the fry vat often?
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,026
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    They conducted 29 previous patrols without contact. Maybe they got complacent. Benghazi? No.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    AZDuck said:

I'm kinda in agreeance with the Houston fellow, to a point.

I don't think this looks like Benghazi. There's a scandal here, but I seriously doubt it goes to the White House. (/agreeance)

The lady with the cowboy hats appears to be genuinely pissed off. I guess the Soldier who got disappeared for 48 hours and offed was one of her Little Frederica Urban Achievers. So she actually knew the family and may have known the Soldier when he was a kid. If she wants to blurt "Benghazi" that's her right but I don't see it.

I was not saying this is like Benghazi. I was referring to how how Salem said this wasn't executive branch political. Where he screamed about Obama and Hillary with Benghazi. When that wasn't executive branch political either.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,606
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    This thing reminded me that I have the hots for Vietnamese girls.