Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Lose to Both UCLA & OSU...

2»

Comments

• Options
    Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,648
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

I think what gets me feeling the most hopeless at times is Woodward's stance, with his soft scheduling and "incremental improvement" public relations agenda. His goal is currently not to create a powerhouse football program. His goal is to create the PERCEPTION of progress being made.

The UW hands out media packets each week to media members that include a list of talking points and "by the numbers" information. Last night on TV when they started comparing UW's 12-47 record for the 5 years before Sark, as compared to the 30-28 under Sark's watch, that talking point came from UW. They're trying to manipulate the public perception of what's going on over there.

If so, then the stadium Woodward built can slide into Lake Washington.
  • Options
    I've maintained my stance all year that 8-4 means he will be extended, at 7-5 we'll be seeing death watch 2014, at 6-6 he's gone.

Not even Pool Boy could spin 6-6 with ending the season losing 3 in a row and losing 6 of the final 8. Even the Doogs would be pissed having lost to WSU at home.

At 6-6, Pool Boy would fire Sark so he could still remain safe. If he risks bringing Sark back then he could find himself looking for employment after 2014.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I've maintained my stance all year that 8-4 means he will be extended, at 7-5 we'll be seeing death watch 2014, at 6-6 he's gone.

Not even Pool Boy could spin 6-6 with ending the season losing 3 in a row and losing 6 of the final 8. Even the Doogs would be pissed having lost to WSU at home.

At 6-6, Pool Boy would fire Sark so he could still remain safe. If he risks bringing Sark back then he could find himself looking for employment after 2014.

I think 6-6 with an Apple Cup loss and even Woodward will have a very tough time not firing him. There will be too much heat if that happens. A 7-5 regular season means he can lose to UCLA and OSU, and he will be back. Doogs will use the logic that Sark lost all the games that Vegas had us as underdogs in and that he met expectations. The problem with that is, the expectations were way too fucking low to begin with because of Sark not doing a good enough job.

• Options

I think 6-6 with an Apple Cup loss and even Woodward will have a very tough time not firing him. There will be too much heat if that happens. A 7-5 regular season means he can lose to UCLA and OSU, and he will be back. Doogs will use the logic that Sark lost all the games that Vegas had us as underdogs in and that he met expectations. The problem with that is, the expectations were way too fucking low to begin with because of Sark not doing a good enough job.

MykFS has already started to say that. Other Doogs who at the start of the year said 10 wins or he is gone are now telling me "Well Vegas only had us winning 7 games, you can't complain if he wins 7. Plus we are returning a lot".
  • Options
    RavennaDawgRavennaDawg Member Posts: 846
    Name Dropper Photogenic 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    I think 7-6 he is back, and 6-7 he is gone.

6-6 regular season he may be gone. Loosing the AC and having both teams finish 6-6 might make the "At least we didn't hire Mike Leach ROFL!!!111!!!" crowd realize Sark's limitations. We hope.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,983
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

MykFS has already started to say that. Other Doogs who at the start of the year said 10 wins or he is gone are now telling me "Well Vegas only had us winning 7 games, you can't complain if he wins 7. Plus we are returning a lot".
    This is why these people need to be sterilized ASAP.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

Who is going to put pressure on him?

I'm not convinced, at any level, UW cares enough to act on Sark within the next two years ... unless attendance drops to levels where funding is impacted.
  • Options
    topdawgnc said:

I'm not convinced, at any level, UW cares enough to act on Sark within the next two years ... unless attendance drops to levels where funding is impacted.
    Going 6-6 after all this hype, with next years terrible home slate there would be pressure to make a move. A home loss to the Cougs would get even the Doogs acting like us. I don't see how he could survive 6-6 with a home loss to WSU.

Even Pool Boy would recognize that Sark needs to go. Now am I confident he can hire a good coach? No I'm not. However, odds are that coach will be better than Sark.
  • Options

topdawgnc said:

Going 6-6 after all this hype, with next years terrible home slate there would be pressure to make a move. A home loss to the Cougs would get even the Doogs acting like us. I don't see how he could survive 6-6 with a home loss to WSU.

Even Pool Boy would recognize that Sark needs to go. Now am I confident he can hire a good coach? No I'm not. However, odds are that coach will be better than Sark.
    You are being very myopic.

There is absolutely zero evidence to indicate Sark or Woody are under pressure to hit a specific number.

Actually is quite the contrary.

UW is 15-24 against the NW since 2000. 8 of those wins are against the Cougs.

10 straight blowouts to Oregon.

This right here should be enough to get an above average coach fired ... ax John Cooper.

Throw in the three game skid marks ... and the annual blowouts ...

Fact ... After getting their system in place good coaches don't get blown out ... period.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,438
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    How can we fire Sark after Don James died?
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Because it was Sark's shit team that put him in the grave. Allegedly.
  • Options
    jrjarrell4jrjarrell4 Member Posts: 71
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    The fight is over. ASU won.
  • Options
    DeLarryDeLarry Member Posts: 230
    Testing 1 First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    An AC loss to finish 6-6 at least forces Woodward to say, out loud, that he is keeping Sark, and why. Get that fucker on the record. An AC loss and a bowl loss means a losing record, potentially, and a losing record overall.

It will be harder to defend than we're acknowledging in here, under those circumstances.

If he goes 7-6, yes. He's back and nobody says a word. If he goes 6-7? I don't think it's as simple. If I'm an AD, I don't want to have to go on record with a sub .500 coach going into year 6 as the guy who's going to help pay for the stadium. No fucking way.
  • Options
    DeLarry said:

An AC loss to finish 6-6 at least forces Woodward to say, out loud, that he is keeping Sark, and why. Get that fucker on the record. An AC loss and a bowl loss means a losing record, potentially, and a losing record overall.

It will be harder to defend than we're acknowledging in here, under those circumstances.

If he goes 7-6, yes. He's back and nobody says a word. If he goes 6-7? I don't think it's as simple. If I'm an AD, I don't want to have to go on record with a sub .500 coach going into year 6 as the guy who's going to help pay for the stadium. No fucking way.

That's my whole point. At 7-5 he should be fired but he won't be. Pool Boy wouldn't even have to have a presser telling everyone Sark is back.

At 6-6 I think there would be serious pressure on Pool Boy and at that point he'd cave. He'd fire Sark.

Next years home schedule is terrible. With Price, Sankey, 75% of your secondary, ASJ and who knows about Kasen all gone coming off a 6-6 season? Good luck selling tickets at that point.
  • Options
    jrjarrell4jrjarrell4 Member Posts: 71
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    this is the same organization that brought back Ty for 2008.

We are stuck.
  • Options
    Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,648

Because it was Sark's shit team that put him in the grave. Allegedly.
    If Gregg Bell is right, ''The Dawgfather'' Would Have Been Proud Of This" regarding win over Cal: http://www.gohuskies.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30200&ATCLID=209292814, then James will rise from the dead this Tuesday, the third day.
  • Options

DeLarry said:

That's my whole point. At 7-5 he should be fired but he won't be. Pool Boy wouldn't even have to have a presser telling everyone Sark is back.

At 6-6 I think there would be serious pressure on Pool Boy and at that point he'd cave. He'd fire Sark.

Next years home schedule is terrible. With Price, Sankey, 75% of your secondary, ASJ and who knows about Kasen all gone coming off a 6-6 season? Good luck selling tickets at that point.
    Who ...

Who are these mysterious uber donors who won't stand for 6-6 ... after they stood for Willingham in 2008.

Crockett himself said season tickets are driving north ...

We want to believe there are big time donors out there ... I lost faith over the last 13 years.

Washington is a top 20 program in wealth ... until that changes the coaching seat does not.
  • Options
    DeLarryDeLarry Member Posts: 230
    Testing 1 First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    You're right. And I need a new fucking alma mater. I didn't know I was signing up to go to a '7-5 is okay forever' kind of place. Fuck me. It's like being a fucking Cubs fan without the ivy.
  • Options
    DeLarry said:

You're right. And I need a new fucking alma mater. I didn't know I was signing up to go to a '7-5 is okay forever' kind of place. Fuck me. It's like being a fucking Cubs fan without the ivy.

Bingo