Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I think it probably will happen

Comments

• Options
    uziuzi Member Posts: 1,298
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

We get a rematch with ASU. I like them over USC right now. That was a decent team we played and now that Graham is no longer fucking up the D they could get in. I wish we had their wide outs. I don't care about their running backs because we have ones we don't use already.

The only way ASU wins more games is if they get a bye week before each game.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,707
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Classic doog move to pump up a shitty opponent after the DWAGS lose to them.

The only team other than USC that has a real chance is Arizona (if Khalil Tate stays healthy.)

Arizona and USC are shitty

Classic Mooster move to pump up Arizona
    Come at me Race. USC is overrated but nowhere near on the same level of suckiness as ASU. Arizona has the QB that can win a game single-handedly so they have the puncher's chance.

Meanwhile ASU are double-digit dogs @Utah this week. They will be two-touchdown+ dogs next week. And they will be dogs @UCLA, @Colorado, and in the Territorial Cup. They will most likely finish 4-5 or worse.
    They will go ahead and play those games point spread notwithstanding

ASU beat the best team any of those teams will face
    Oh, well I forgot they are going to play the games I guess anything could happen. Kansas will probably win the Big 12. What a world of opportunity.

Christ ASU didn't beat UW- UW beat themselves.

After Harbaugh famously beat Carroll as gazillion point underdogs in 2007 he went on to lose 5 of his final 7 games (including to Ty Willy.)
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,474
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It's probably going to be Stanford raping ASU, making SDSU the PAC 12 champion.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dflea said:

Washington came into the game believing they just had to show up and it was in the bag. Just like SC did in the game at WSU.

ASU and WSU both suck, but they're both good enough to beat a team that just shows up - and UW barely showed up at all. The defense held their own because they really are as good as the billing but the offense isn't and the combination of Jeak playing like a scared little boy and Smith doing nothing to remove his rattled ass from the equation was too much for the defense to overcome.

I'm less than a 10th Race's age, and I've seen better teams than this one do the same kind of bullshit several times. That atrocity in 1990 had me losing my shit so bad that my wif thought she'd married a psychopath. She did, but I had been able to hide it up until that day. Even though we got a crystal football the next season, it didn't take much sting out of the UCLA loss for me.

This loss is nothing close to that one in my opinion. I didn't think this team really had a chance to beat a team like Bama, but that 90 team was lined up to win it all. Then there's the 82 Apple Cup - another outrageous shitshow. That's two abortions in 8 years with DJ at the helm. It happens. It makes me fucking crazy, but that's college football.

I didn't yell and throw shit after this game. I just watched it unfold in disgust and refused to talk about it for a couple days because I thought discussing it might make me stroke the fuck out or go all Swaye and get arrested for mayhem.

I don't know what point I was trying to make anyway, so fuck off.

You nailed it @dflea. First comment my half-paying-attention wife said was regarding how "bored" the team looked at the start of the game.

Didn't change even with Fat Tillman railing on Petersen for the final 30 mins.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,974
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    uzi said:

We get a rematch with ASU. I like them over USC right now. That was a decent team we played and now that Graham is no longer fucking up the D they could get in. I wish we had their wide outs. I don't care about their running backs because we have ones we don't use already.

ASU is a sleeping giant. Everyone says so.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    uzi said:

The magical bye week - always a good thing when you win and a bad thing when you lose
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,775
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

dflea said:

Washington came into the game believing they just had to show up and it was in the bag. Just like SC did in the game at WSU.

ASU and WSU both suck, but they're both good enough to beat a team that just shows up - and UW barely showed up at all. The defense held their own because they really are as good as the billing but the offense isn't and the combination of Jeak playing like a scared little boy and Smith doing nothing to remove his rattled ass from the equation was too much for the defense to overcome.

I'm less than a 10th Race's age, and I've seen better teams than this one do the same kind of bullshit several times. That atrocity in 1990 had me losing my shit so bad that my wif thought she'd married a psychopath. She did, but I had been able to hide it up until that day. Even though we got a crystal football the next season, it didn't take much sting out of the UCLA loss for me.

This loss is nothing close to that one in my opinion. I didn't think this team really had a chance to beat a team like Bama, but that 90 team was lined up to win it all. Then there's the 82 Apple Cup - another outrageous shitshow. That's two abortions in 8 years with DJ at the helm. It happens. It makes me fucking crazy, but that's college football.

I didn't yell and throw shit after this game. I just watched it unfold in disgust and refused to talk about it for a couple days because I thought discussing it might make me stroke the fuck out or go all Swaye and get arrested for mayhem.

This is a very good post. And accurate. My wife stopped coming to games with me after UCLA 90

But we still can win this league this year. I like our chances
    ISWYDT. Machiavellian.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,301
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2017

The only team other than USC that has a real chance is Arizona (if Khalil Tate stays healthy.)

Come at me Race. USC is overrated but nowhere near on the same level of suckiness as ASU. Arizona has the QB that can win a game single-handedly so they have the puncher's chance.

Meanwhile ASU are double-digit dogs @Utah this week. They will be two-touchdown+ dogs next week. And they will be dogs @UCLA, @Colorado, and in the Territorial Cup. They will most likely finish 4-5 or worse.

never mind
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Oh, well I forgot they are going to play the games I guess anything could happen. Kansas will probably win the Big 12. What a world of opportunity.

Christ ASU didn't beat UW- UW beat themselves.

After Harbaugh famously beat Carroll as gazillion point underdogs in 2007 he went on to lose 5 of his final 7 games (including to Ty Willy.)

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,234
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

dflea said:

This is a very good post. And accurate. My wife stopped coming to games with me after UCLA 90

But we still can win this league this year. I like our chances
    Agree. ATBSJBS ... the only reason they have a shot at the league this year is that the league sucks almost as bad as Brownshortsandsocks.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    9 to 0

Good start for my devils
  • Options
    mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

They got the wrong team favored
    As it turns out...