Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Biggest point of concern based on game last night...

Yeah, I know, TSIFO.

Our secondary gave up too many long passes in general, and in particular, too many 3rd and longs. Mannion and Halliday are going to throw the ball all over the field. We're going to have problems with that. Not too worried about the passing threats for UCLA, Colorado. We'll figure out how to lose the UCLA game a different way.

Comments

• topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    Washington goes 1-3 rest of the season.

OS and WSU will carve this defense up like a turkey on Thanksgiving.

UCLA will just plunger rape the line.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,107 Founders Club
    Wilcox's over rated defense has a shot against the three freshmen. Plus Hundley can be rattled and throws picks. You watch, UW beats UCLA causing the doogs to celebrate like its 1991
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,861 Founders Club

Wilcox's over rated defense has a shot against the three freshmen. Plus Hundley can be rattled and throws picks. You watch, UW beats UCLA causing the doogs to celebrate like its 1991

That game's on the road and UCLA is physical. Sark won't be able to use smoke and mirrors to escape that one.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133

Yeah, I know, TSIFO.

Our secondary gave up too many long passes in general, and in particular, too many 3rd and longs. Mannion and Halliday are going to throw the ball all over the field. We're going to have problems with that. Not too worried about the passing threats for UCLA, Colorado. We'll figure out how to lose the UCLA game a different way.

How many points did Cal score buttsniffer?
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959

That game's on the road and UCLA is physical. Sark won't be able to use smoke and mirrors to escape that one.
    Yeah, Barr is going to be breathing down Prices neck all game. And I like UCLAs front 7 to slow down Sankey. UW has no shot unless Sankey runs wild and I can't see that happening.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

You're the worst kind of Bruin fan.
  • Wilcox's over rated defense has a shot against the three freshmen. Plus Hundley can be rattled and throws picks. You watch, UW beats UCLA causing the doogs to celebrate like its 1991

I think you are safe Race. I don't see Sark beating a quality coach/QB combo on the road.

UCLA is just too physical and will kick UW's ass. With no Kasen, the Huskies passing offense took a huge hit even though Sark never used him properly.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    The biggest point of concern from last night's game was the Sarktarded roster management.

The backups should have been in after the first drive of the third quarter.
  • The biggest point of concern from last night's game was the Sarktarded roster management.

The backups should have been in after the first drive of the third quarter.

Yep. That is why James, Oregon and all teams are good every year. When they are blowing people out they don't give a fuck about stats. Instead they are developing their young players for years to come.

I would have liked to have seen Miles play about a quarter and a half. Seen Washington play a quarter and a half. Seen Stringfellow and Daniels out there.
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650
    My biggest concern is Sark is the fucking HC, and not likely to change even if finsih 3-6 in conference.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    UW's best run blocker out for the season with a broken foot. Now ASJ becomes UW's best pass blocker, and UCLA makes price a little bitch
  • WedgwoodDawgWedgwoodDawg Member Posts: 184

My biggest concern is Sark is the fucking HC, and not likely to change even if finsih 3-6 in conference.

I think they do finish 3-6 in conference, and Sark is retained.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,968 Swaye's Wigwam
    UW beats the Beavs. WSU is s toss up. UCLA by five touchdowns.

Mannion and the Beavers can be had by pressuring the QB. They're similar to Cal offensively except completely lack the threat of a running game and are even weaker on the OL. WSU will pick UW apart with quick passes and eventually wear down the secondary and get big plays. UCLA will simply pummel the fuck out of us in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Price will be lucky to get out of the first quarter of that game.
  • chuck said:

Mannion and the Beavers can be had by pressuring the QB. They're similar to Cal offensively except completely lack the threat of a running game and are even weaker on the OL. WSU will pick UW apart with quick passes and eventually wear down the secondary and get big plays. UCLA will simply pummel the fuck out of us in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Price will be lucky to get out of the first quarter of that game.

When has UW ever gotten pressure on a decent team in the past decade?!

We have no pass rush at all. Mannion despite being a statue won't hardly be touched when we play.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    I think UCLA wins a close one over UW. Oregon State will plunger UW. UW beats WSU to save Sark's job.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,727
    Ucla LB's will will put most of the offense in the fetal position. Sankey will find it tough sledding that day. UW Will be out hit that day

I think UCLA wins a close one over UW. Oregon State will plunger UW. UW beats WSU to save Sark's job.

For the 12th year in a row, the coach that loses the Apple Cup deserves to be fired.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,968 Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

We have no pass rush at all. Mannion despite being a statue won't hardly be touched when we play.
    You're calling OSU a decent team. I disagree. They suck and their OL sucks. UW can pressure the QB against weak OLs especially when they have a vanilla running game and immobile QB.
    chuck said:

chuck said:

You're calling OSU a decent team. I disagree. They suck and their OL sucks. UW can pressure the QB against weak OLs especially when they have a vanilla running game and immobile QB.
    The problem is that Washington really, really sucks on the road.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    The Cal game was not a good performance. It was 17-7 a minute before half. 17 points against that defense in 29 minutes is absolutely pathetic.