Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Quit blaming Jake (long read)

CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
edited October 2017 in Hardcore Husky Board
Just kidding

At the end of the day Jake Browning sucks.

Comments

• PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,703 Founders Club
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,336 Swaye's Wigwam
    QB's get too much blame and also too much credit.

That being said Jake Browning sucks
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,479 Founders Club

Again, I blame Petersen far more than Browning. Pete made the decision to hitch the team's wagon to Browning's star. That's not Jake's fault, per se.

That being said, Jake Browning sucks
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Again, I blame Petersen far more than Browning. Pete made the decision to hitch the team's wagon to Browning's star. That's not Jake's fault, per se.

All that being said, Jake Browning sucks
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904

Partly he might want to use Jake as a role model for prospective, up and coming quarterbacks: "look at the opportunity Jake had so come here."
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam

This. I'm not quite as down on Browning as others.

He is a very good (gasp) system QB. Trouble is that when a defense schemes well to slow down the system, Browning can't do much to beat it. Especially true without much talent at WR/TE outside of Pettis and Bryant.

And we don't have an OC who is great at adjusting. At least not consistently. You could make an argument for P12 title game against Colorado, but that was because Browning literally could not throw the ball 20+ yards downfield with a bum shoulder. The offense is predicated on being multiple (hi Hugh), not adjusting to what the defense gives them.
    His best trait is audibling out of one of his loser fucking passes and handing it off to our actual stars on offense.

Fuck, fuck the 3-headed monster bullshit at WSU. Gaskin was sucking Saturday but Coleman and Ahmed were getting chunks. A true system quarterback just keeps feeding them the rock out of whatever shit the coaches call.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Problem is that Browning’s the best QB on the roster
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797
    Tequilla said:

Problem is that Browning’s the bestonly QB on the roster

CRISPR.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    All of you need to STFU

HE’S TRYING AS HARD AS HE CAN!
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,520 Founders Club
    edited October 2017
    Doogs: HE'S GREAT. HE'S BY FAR THE BEST QB IN THE PAC 12. HE'S AN ALL-AMERICAN. THE TEAM BELIEVES IN HIM 110%. YOU'RE A FOOL. GROW A PAIR.

I can't make this up.

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,377 Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

And whose fault is that?
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

Tequilla said:

And whose fault is that?
    babushka
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072

Doogs: HE'S GREAT. HE'S BY FAR THE BEST QB IN THE PAC 12. HE'S AN ALL-AMERICAN. THE TEAM BELIEVES IN HIM 110%. YOU'RE A FOOL. GROW A PAIR.

I can't make this up.

yup. And Chevy is the most awarded car company ever. #fulltrophycase
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,876 Standard Supporter
    Our offense is a fucking fiasco. Everyone involved deserves blame. Nobody gets a pass. Between all of them, Smiffy is by far the one I'd dump first, without question, as he's also the QB coach, thus galvanizing the mediocrity of Browning.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852

Our offense is a fucking fiasco. Everyone involved deserves blame. Nobody gets a pass. Between all of them, Smiffy is by far the one I'd dump first, without question, as he's also the QB coach, thus galvanizing the mediocrity of Browning.

Galvanize was a good song to blast in the sound room of the car audio department at circuit city when I worked there in high school