Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jake Browning

2»

Comments

• CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    Smith needs a gasoline colonoscopy- period.

Coleman would have opened things up, had we(?) had the patience of anything other than a meth head Gorst slut.

Fuck Smith and fuck our kicker.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    I wish Rutgers hit harder.

• PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,703 Founders Club
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

Yup. I signed off on Browning tonight. I knew he shit his britches against good defenses but I at least thought he would be automatic against defense like fucking ASU.

I'm with the Cunt.
  • PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,230 Swaye's Wigwam
    When we finally have a QB our Oline is going to suck. When our Oline is great we are going to have no QB. Next years team will be speciel.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam
    The entire offense deserve this; browning and the o line equally.
  • PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,230 Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

Don't remind me of #myTrey.

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Don't remind me of #myTrey.

You could easily pinpoint that the season is over when he's limping off the field...
    edited October 2017
  • biak1biak1 Member Posts: 4,085
    While true that the OL pass pro left something to be desired Saturday, Jake also:

A) Didn't throw the ball away
    B) Held onto the ball too long before deciding to run (or throw it away)
    C) Ran backwards and around and usually ate a sack like he loves to do
    D) Displayed piss poor leadership and body language (again) when he's supposed to be the leader of the team

Browning has his shortcomings, but he is a known quantity to our team and everybody else. He's not a great QB but he's good enough to win with when put into the right position. I think the main issue lies at Smith's feet because he isn't creating game plans that play to both Jake's strengths and the strengths of the rest of our offense (IE Gaskin/WTE/BTE etc.)
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,591 Standard Supporter
    dhdawg said:

I think today it's pretty clear that if you are playing a qb without the threat of run you are putting yourself at a significant disadvantage. Look at who the top teams are starting at qb. Bryant. Hurts. Barrett. Fromm. Some of these guys suck balls passing but the extra threat of the qb running is lethal in cfb. When was the last time a traditional pocket passer carried a team to something significant. Darnold? Maybe altho he's a lot more mobile than brownshorts and even he sucks this year. And don't give me jacob Coker or some other shitty Bama qb who was carried to a title.
    There was so much running room that browning didn't take tonight. Pocket passers are not going away at the NFL level but at the college level they're just not as good.
    Also why im on team yankoff

+ McSorely
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,450 Founders Club
    dhdawg said:

I think today it's pretty clear that if you are playing a qb without the threat of run you are putting yourself at a significant disadvantage. Look at who the top teams are starting at qb. Bryant. Hurts. Barrett. Fromm. Some of these guys suck balls passing but the extra threat of the qb running is lethal in cfb. When was the last time a traditional pocket passer carried a team to something significant. Darnold? Maybe altho he's a lot more mobile than brownshorts and even he sucks this year. And don't give me jacob Coker or some other shitty Bama qb who was carried to a title.
    There was so much running room that browning didn't take tonight. Pocket passers are not going away at the NFL level but at the college level they're just not as good.
    Also why im on team yankoff

Bingo !! Unless we can go back in time the last 40 years and grab the 5 best Husky OL in their prime, having a qb who isn't mobile will not work in CFB today unless your Alabama. The Sirmon kid has a big arm and can throw it a mile, but pocket pro-style qb's are great for the NFL, not in college football.