Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Stranger Things - Netflix

SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,045
First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Founders Club
Anyone watch it? I thought it was pretty damn good. Was weird seeing Winona for the first time in over a decade. I was in love with her circa 1990. She has not held up well, but I'd still destroy that uterus. She plays mildly crazy well. Probably didn't even have to act. Love all the 80's shit.

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,718
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I never found her attractive, even in her heyday. The one I had a thing for from that time was Moira Kelly.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,226
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited October 2017
    Agree, love the 80's shit in Stranger Things. Winona never really did it for me though. Beetlejuice.

Michelle though. @loadsock material.

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,658
    Stranger Things was a'ight. But the show to watch on Netflix is Atypical.

Funny as fuck show about a kid with autism.

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,045
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I'll try to check it out. I am always looking for good recs on Netflix shows.
    Swaye said:

I'll try to check it out. I am always looking for good recs on Netflix shows.
    I am a total man whore for Michael Rappaport.

Spoiler: Jennifer Jason Leigh -partial nudity/sex.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Winona Judd was always a little too Irish for me
    edited October 2017
    Downvote on Winona Ryder. She didn't get naked enough in her movies.

Edit: Version 2.0 Natalie Portman, better nudes.

Version 2.0 3.0 Keira Knightley way better, way hotter.

Bend it.

Swaye said:

Winona tits > Keira tits all day e'ry day

But I'd still hammer Keira.

See edit: Natalie Portman. Best of both worlds.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Alyssa Milano >>>>>>>> errybody

• AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

Alyssa Milano >>>>>>>> Winona

Apparently she's broke now, maybe you haz a chance. I think Winona's aged better. Also, we know she's got a dark side.
  • Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,850
    Standard Supporter
    Stranger Things is some damn good TV.

Every character is lovable. No matter how old I get, I love watching a gang of kids ride their bikes around, cuss, get in trouble, solve mysteries, make new friends, and kick some ass. But they aren't the only protagonists. There's teenagers working together, and adults and cops doing their own investigative shit too.

It's basically every genre mixed into one show. At one point I'll be all like "oh fuck!" because there's some seriously scary demon shit going on. Then I'm like "oh fuck YEAH!" because one of the kids or teenagers did something badass. Then the next scene will be emotional and make me feel sad. But just before I get too sad it switches to a scene where the fat kid starts cussing, so I start laughing and feel better. Then bam! More scary scenes. And not just cheap jump scares, either....scary environments, suspense, build-up, and chase scenes.

The pacing, directorial work, music, and acting are all top notch. Except for the guy who plays Steve. But his shitty acting is tolerable, and I sometimes wonder if it is intentionally bad because he plays the cliché cool guy in school. I actually like Steve, though. He's fearless and good-hearted, just hangs out with the wrong crowd.

But before I get too gay with my thoughts on Steve, let me end my review there and recommend that everyone go and watch it if you haven't seen it yet. It's like one big, long, epic 1980s movie, and it's in glorious 4k resolution. Season 2 starts Oct 27.
    dnc said:

Alyssa Milano >>>>>>>> errybody

You can't rank the amateurs with the professionals.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Keira k doesnt have tits
  • Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,850
    Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

Stranger Things is some damn good TV.

Every character is lovable. No matter how old I get, I love watching a gang of kids ride their bikes around, cuss, get in trouble, solve mysteries, make new friends, and kick some ass. But they aren't the only protagonists. There's teenagers working together, and adults and cops doing their own investigative shit too.

It's basically every genre mixed into one show. At one point I'll be all like "oh fuck!" because there's some seriously scary demon shit going on. Then I'm like "oh fuck YEAH!" because one of the kids or teenagers did something badass. Then the next scene will be emotional and make me feel sad. But just before I get too sad it switches to a scene where the fat kid starts cussing, so I start laughing and feel better. Then bam! More scary scenes. And not just cheap jump scares, either....scary environments, suspense, build-up, and chase scenes.

The pacing, directorial work, music, and acting are all top notch. Except for the guy who plays Steve. But his shitty acting is tolerable, and I sometimes wonder if it is intentionally bad because he plays the cliché cool guy in school. I actually like Steve, though. He's fearless and good-hearted, just hangs out with the wrong crowd.

But before I get too gay with my thoughts on Steve, let me end my review there and recommend that everyone go and watch it if you haven't seen it yet. It's like one big, long, epic 1980s movie, and it's in glorious 4k resolution. Season 2 starts Oct 27.

This show is basically The Goonies with adults and alternate worlds where man eating monsters live. Totally bad ass.
    For anyone who doesn't want to read my 5 paragraph review, this pretty much sums it up.