Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    BearsWiin said:

What kind of mustard is on that ham sandwich? Yeah, I read the whole fucking thing.

Good counterpoont made by a fellow Bear on the exposure myth:

" This does not give the west coast more exposure. It gives the east coast and Midwest more exposure by removing most of the west coast games from competition for their time slots. They force west coast fans to watch east coast games when they traditionally would be watching west coast games."

/thread
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,122
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    The biggest load of shit was Larry Scott saying how we're in these late slots because teams like Ohio state and penn state are playing during the day, like we're some kind of second class compared to them.

Larry looked on tilt, only explanation for showing up and needing to shit all over Petersen.

We'll see how the rest of the schedule goes because it is very backloaded, no excuse for games to not be prime time going forward.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

The biggest load of shit was Larry Scott saying how we're in these late slots because teams like Ohio state and penn state are playing during the day, like we're some kind of second class compared to them.

Larry looked on tilt, only explanation for showing up and needing to shit all over Petersen.

We'll see how the rest of the schedule goes because it is very backloaded, no excuse for games to not be prime time going forward.

CHRIST

The remaining schedule is dogshit.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Oh fuck..I read this earlier at work (fuck off you know I don't have a job). I thought there was some good points but overall was a bit fucktarded. And was written by a child. I was thinking ESPN, where it was linked from, maybe lost their editing department or had some new kids writing for them because their budget cuts.

Then I looked tonight after Derek's comment at the author. It all makes sense now.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,827
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

Oh fuck..I read this earlier at work (fuck off you know I don't have a job). I thought there was some good points but overall was a bit fucktarded. And was written by a child. I was thinking ESPN, where it was linked from, maybe lost their editing department or had some new kids writing for them because their budget cuts.

Then I looked tonight after Derek's comment at the author. It all makes sense now.

Irony.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,066
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

AIRWOLF said:

BearsWiin said:

" This does not give the west coast more exposure. It gives the east coast and Midwest more exposure by removing most of the west coast games from competition for their time slots. They force west coast fans to watch east coast games when they traditionally would be watching west coast games."

The point that West Coast late games are rated higher overall than West Coast midday games is also a red herring. Of course they are. They are in prime time in the Western US and there are fewer games on TV at that time, therefore less competition for the eyeballs of college football fans in the Western US.

What would be telling would be to see how the regional ratings look between mid-afternoon, early evening and the late West Coast time slots. I'd bet you anything that the East of the Mississippi audience is far lower for the later games.

That stat ESPN provided about ratings and audience was a textbook example of how to lie with statistics (while still technically telling the truth).

Yup. We don't give a shit if more Pac-12 fans have turned their eyes to our games because we're the only show during the late time slot. That's not who we're trying to expose ourselves (heh) to. What matters are the eyes of the committee members who are not going to stay awake until 2 am just to catch the end of our games (that they should is another conversation, but we know how useless these shitty bureaucrats are). And yeah, a large majority of the national college football media is located in the Central and Eastern time zones, and that kind of exposure still matters.

Right now we're far and away the most forgotten top 5 team in college football, and the fact that the Pac-12 was unable to negotiate any kind of flexibility that would allow them to say "Hey go fuck yourselves, our conference champion and top ranked team is not going to consistently be put in your 'who gives a shit' time slot", is a massive failure on the part of Larry Scott and the ADs who gave him the green light.
    HRYK
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,557
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The 7 or 8 Eastern time slot is the ratings hit.

Not 11PM Eastern
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited October 2017

Let's say you're a TV exec whose job it is to get the most people to watch the Football games that you're are airing in a National slot. Would you showcase UW or would you showcase Ohio State or Penn State.

It's never about whose better, it's about who will draw and keep the most eyeballs.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,557
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I don't watch Penn State if its the only game on
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

I don't watch Penn State if its the only game on

Cased clothed
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

5 pm Pacific is the New Primetime for P-12.